• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only SLIGHTLY early mock draft 2015

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden is a stud too... he is projected late 1st, early 2nd. But he is a straight DE. He is like Michael Sam, too slow to play OLB.
From a position standpoint, he is like Sam. Pretty much only a 4-3 DE and probably wont give you the best measurables.

Golden reminds me a lot of Chris Long, actually. You throw a Fitbit on Golden and you'll find that he puts about 100 more steps into his game than everyone else. The motor is always going and he brings surprising strength.

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
^^^^^

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I did this mock as the Vikings (drafting right after St Louis)

#10 the Rams drafted Shaq Thompson OLB - I like this pick if Thompson is rated their when the draft rolls around.
At #11 I took Cooper to give Bridgewater (who I love) the best offensive player in the draft.
The Rams give up (I think) their 2nd and 3rd round picks to move into #31 to draft Hundley, I doubt the Rams do this move, but if they don't think he'll fall to them and he's their guy, it could happen.

In the 2nd I took Erving OL from FSU and in the 3rd I took Cody Riggs, CB from ND.

In the 4th, the Rams don't own a pick, but I drafted Ramik Wilison ILB from UGA

In the 5th Round I took they either moved up or back a spot but they took Dres Anderson WR Utah - He's 6'2 190lbs I think he missed a lot of the season due to injury, heres his CBS bio: Dres Anderson, WR, Utah, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I drafted TE EJ Bibbs that round

In round 6, I took DE Cedric Reeds from UT - the Rams got Center from Louisville Jake Smith, not sure how they got this pick.

In round 7 I took Karlos Williams, the RB from FSU - got time eaten by that freshmen who blew the game yesterday but from the Vikes, he's fine, Malcom Brown from UT was also there and then the later guys from him.

So at day's end I ended with:
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 13: Cameron Erving, OT, Florida State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 12: Cody Riggs, CB, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 4 Pick 11: Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (A)
Round 5 Pick 13: E.J. Bibbs, TE, Iowa State (A)
Round 6 Pick 12: Cedric Reed, DE, Texas (B+)
Round 7 Pick 11: Karlos Williams, RB, Florida State (A)
with a score of 5262

While the Rams got
#10 Thompson (OLB)
#31 Hundley (QB)
#138 (Rd 5 Pick 10) Andreson (WR)
#179 (Rd 6 Pick 19) Smith (C)
They got a score of 5346

Clearly I don't understand the scoring because in my opinion, I much rather the players I drafted than the Rams computer did. Either way the scores aren't important.

Whats your thoughts on these two drafts?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Clue brother.... that just seems silly that the Rams draft was scored better.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I then drafted again as the Rams and PASSED on Cooper, not because I want to, but for other results, but tbh I'm seeing Cooper drafted 10 or later a lot of the time. Now this isn't a prefect science but it allows me to believe that it may happen.

Here is the top ten!

Round 1 Pick 1 (1) Buccaneers: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
Round 1 Pick 2 (2) Titans: Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
Round 1 Pick 3 (3) Jaguars: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
Round 1 Pick 4 (4) Raiders: Leonard Williams, DT, Southern California
Round 1 Pick 5 (5) Redskins: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama
Round 1 Pick 6 (6) Jets: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
Round 1 Pick 7 (7) Bears: Shaq Thompson, OLB, Washington
Round 1 Pick 8 (8) Falcons: Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
Round 1 Pick 9 (9) Giants: Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor
Round 1 Pick 10 (10) Rams: Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa

In round 2 I went from 9 to 23 to pick up a 4th round pick (#3)

Here are the final results:

Your score is: 5029 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10: Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (CINN): Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon (B+)
Round 3 Pick 8: Zach Hodges, OLB, Harvard (A)
Round 4 Pick 3 (OAK): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona State (C+)

Just some different prospectives. There were still good OL choices in round two, the only reason I slightly reached for Grasu is because he plays center which is a big need. In this model we'd bookend Robinson and Scherff (whoever wins the LT job wins the LT job) we would then have Grasu in the middle with Saffold next to him. Realistically, BRaksdale would be on the roster too, I'm not sure if he'd move inside, or we can play Joseph again, maybe Jones competes for the job. Either way a player currently on the roster probably fills that other OG, unless of course Douglas could compete for it too, I doubt he wins it season one, but he should become a depth player for us and maybe can compete for the job a few seasons out. I don't think its a good idea to say we'll sign a FA especially Ipu, who we're not even sure if he'll consider coming.

While I like a few guys better than Petty I took him to try and compete for the job, but Bradford would be the starter, maybe the following season PEtty could compete, but who knows.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Clue brother.... that just seems silly that the Rams draft was scored better.

okay cool, didn't know if I was crazy for thinking that the Rams rather those 4 players than the 7 players the Vikes too.

If you match it up round by round (cause Rams have less picks) I still think I outpicked them each round (as in the player I took would be better on the Rams than the player they took)

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just mocked as Oakland - Rams take Cooper in this case:

Round 1 Pick 10 (10) Rams: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
Round 2 Pick 29 (61) (N.E.) Rams: Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State
Round 3 Pick 8 (72) Rams: Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon
Round 3 Pick 11 (75) (N.O.) Rams: Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame
Round 3 Pick 14 (78) (MIA) Rams: Aundrey Walker, OG, Southern California
Round 5 Pick 9 (137) Rams: Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State
Round 7 Pick 10 (202) Rams: Maurice Falls, OLB, East Carolina

Seems like they picked up a pair of 3rd for moving back in the 2nd.

I actually like this draft a lot! I've never been sold on Prescott but he seems to be rated the 4th guy (I rate him in that 3rd category of mine after the top two, then Hundley in the 2nd by himself - but some people have him in Hundley's group). Either way he sits this year (which is why I've been calling for a QB later). But Cooper changes the offense on day one. Prescott sits and waits, maybe plays for injury, who knows.
Grabbing a TE and more importantly two inside linemen that could start day one in the 3rd is very clutch.
I even like the 5th and 7th round picks by the team too.

This would be an interesting draft. If we take a QB in round 2, we have to move back to pick up 3rds so we can still try to grab a starter!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 Pick 23 (CINN): Dante Fowler Jr., DE, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 11 (CLE): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (B+)
Round 2 Pick 23 (CINN): Tre' Jackson, OG, Florida State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 8: Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (CINN): Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA (B+)
Round 4 Pick 12 (CLE): David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (B-)
Round 4 Pick 16 (CLE): Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State (B+)
Round 4 Pick 23 (CINN): Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Cody Fajardo, QB, Nevada (B+)
Round 5 Pick 11 (CLE): Levi Norwood, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State (A)

ahh fantasy draft lol

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my latest.

Your score is: 5407 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 16 (HOU): Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State (A)
Round 2 Pick 11 (CLE): Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 29 (N.E.): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Tre' Jackson, OG, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 13 (CLE): Tyeler Davison, DT, Fresno State (B-)
Round 3 Pick 18 (HOU): Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 16 (CLE): Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Derrick Malone Jr., OLB, Oregon (B+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Curtis Riley, CB, Fresno State (A)

Obviously RB isn't top priority but he was the best available at 16 after trading down twice and he and Mason would make a great 1-2 punch.

Fixed the OL, got a QB to develop, a LB to replace Dunbar, and depth at the other positions.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a position standpoint, he is like Sam. Pretty much only a 4-3 DE and probably wont give you the best measurables.

Golden reminds me a lot of Chris Long, actually. You throw a Fitbit on Golden and you'll find that he puts about 100 more steps into his game than everyone else. The motor is always going and he brings surprising strength.

Watching him bench press that QB 10 yds is priceless lol

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously RB isn't top priority but he was the best available at 16 after trading down twice and he and Mason would make a great 1-2 punch.

ALR, I really like that draft. I would not have an issue with Gordon falling in our laps after a trade down. Only change I might have made would have drafted Perryman to play OLB instead of Hundley at 2.11 and then draft O Leary where you drafted the DT and then Petty where you drafted O Leary.... I have been trying a draft with Bernardrick McKinney as my first pick at about 18-20.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I rather Gurley in round two than Gordon in round one, who knows if either will be there though...

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I rather Gurley in round two than Gordon in round one, who knows if either will be there though...

Personally, I would rather take neither. We have bigger needs. Adding a RB would be a luxury for us, scary as it is to say. If we do want to add a RB, maybe look at Cameron Artis-Payne in the 5th to pair up with his old running buddy Mason.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well when you have 10 picks in fantasy draft you can pick a RB in rd1 lol. problem is the rams only have 5 picks.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when you have 10 picks in fantasy draft you can pick a RB in rd1 lol. problem is the rams only have 5 picks.

True story!! :nod:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else to consider guys. picking at 10 it looks like no DT will be off the board yet. we know how they love to go Dline in rd 1 and if we cut langford it might be a possibility. DT Goldman from Fl St is a run stuffer. there will be some good DE too. if Dante Fowler Jr or Bud Depree who could play DE or OLB is there i would get him. C. Longs replacement. just saying good chance they might be higher on their draft boards then the Olinemen.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cougar, I didn't mean to knock the mock. I just meant when we're drafting I do think Gordon and Gurley make our teams better. I don't really think there's another one that makes our team better right away.

I really like Dyer, who may not even be drafted. Had a rough college career jumping around schools and has got in trouble, but he can produce as well as anyone else and deserves a chance to play! There's many with similar stories, but he just needs a fresh start. Michael Dyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wouldn't want to draft a DL, because (and this is the least professional way I know how to explain this concept) we need to draft starters, and theres no room on our line unless we change to the 5-2 lol

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want to draft a DL, because (and this is the least professional way I know how to explain this concept) we need to draft starters, and theres no room on our line unless we change to the 5-2 lol

Holy crap, imagine that though. Quinn,Randy Gregory,Brockers,Donald,Long with Tree and JL55 behind them!!! You would never know which of the 3 outside guys would go into coverage!! LOL

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy crap, imagine that though. Quinn,Randy Gregory,Brockers,Donald,Long with Tree and JL55 behind them!!! You would never know which of the 3 outside guys would go into coverage!! LOL

i actually was thinking about a 5-2 the other day. i didn't know it was a real thing. they could actually put Barron as one of the LB on passing downs instead of JL55. Jenks and EJ as CB and Tru and LJ AT Safety

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually was thinking about a 5-2 the other day. i didn't know it was a real thing. they could actually put Barron as one of the LB on passing downs instead of JL55. Jenks and EJ as CB and Tru and LJ AT Safety

The 5-2 kinda dies starting at the high school level/once kids are old enough to throw the ball with confidence. I've seen it used in upper level ball but really only situationally and/or with a team that uses a "multiple D" defense. We should try to use it a little bit next year either way lol