• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

Dubinsky is an intense guy. I'd have no problem with this as a teammate.

By all accounts, the team loved it. Players were yapping the rest of the practice. Energized everyone, apparently.

Dubi and Comeau are both cool with it too. No issue.

Blake Comeau is not very good at teh hockey...

Comeau is good as a third/fourth line energy guy, not much else.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see if there are any repercussions from this stick toss - I recall early in the seaosn Joey Macdonald throwing his teammates under the bus in a post game interview and he was quickly sent to Abbotsford. Hard to tell if Bryz was pissed at himself or his teammates, but knowing the Oil, they'll either brush it off or somehow blame their fans.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Bryz has given the Oilers some reliable goaltending, but it's not going to make much of a difference if the guys in front of him can't play defense to save their lives.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gotta make a trade, so many young pieces there, they can afford to lose some of the young offensive talent. Maybe make a pitch for Shea Weber?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gotta make a trade, so many young pieces there, they can afford to lose some of the young offensive talent. Maybe make a pitch for Shea Weber?

They would have to throw in two of their four young guns to land Weber (and Yak wouldn't be included in any package) for starters. I posted that they should make a similar pitch, but in reality, I just don't see it happening.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have to throw in two of their four young guns to land Weber (and Yak wouldn't be included in any package) for starters. I posted that they should make a similar pitch, but in reality, I just don't see it happening.

They might be desperate for a defensemen where they might move one of Hall/Eberle, think they would move Eberle first. But Yakupov can still be on the trade block, could use him for a goalie as well.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Shea Weber just might be the best overall dman in the game today (him & Chara) but it will take more than 1 player to fix the Oilers' defense. I don't think anyone on that team could play defense to tell you the truth.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont see weber waiving to go to edmonton. and I dont see nashville giving up all that money they spent on him in his new contract at this time. there season is full of major injuries and have no goaltending I wouldnt blow up nashville just yet by trading the franchise player.

/unless its to the canucks for Raymond and Ballard

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shea Weber just might be the best overall dman in the game today (him & Chara) but it will take more than 1 player to fix the Oilers' defense. I don't think anyone on that team could play defense to tell you the truth.

I think he's taken a step back since losing Suter to Minnesota, but still a top 3 for sure, IMO. Guy is an animal and has a bomb of a shot from the point. So glad Nashville matched his offer-sheet that Philly signed him to.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's taken a step back since losing Suter to Minnesota, but still a top 3 for sure, IMO. Guy is an animal and has a bomb of a shot from the point. So glad Nashville matched his offer-sheet that Philly signed him to.

Yeah Shea Weber on the Flyers would've been hella scary if you ask me. Very glad Nashville matched that offer sheet. Otherwise Flyers probably would be on top of the Metropolitan right now.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won't get a player like Weber without gutting their young "core". Think Hall and more.

Maybe they should just make a less "bold" move for starters. Phoenix has a lot of depth on the backend composed of guys who can actually defend. Maybe they'd be interested in some of the Oilers' young forwards.

Maybe J. Schultz + Gagner for Stone and Hanzal?

Or Nuge + Schultz for Hanzal + Yandle?? :noidea:

The Oil need players who can play both ends of the rink. If you ask me there should be no untouchables on that team outside of maybe Taylor Hall.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Shea Weber on the Flyers would've been hella scary if you ask me. Very glad Nashville matched that offer sheet. Otherwise Flyers probably would be on top of the Metropolitan right now.

The last thing I wanted to do was face Weber 5 times a year for the next 8 years, no thanks. I prefer the Flyers keep old, overpaid, shitty defensemen lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a TD catch by Jones for the Bengals!

Oops - wrong thread (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thing I wanted to do was face Weber 5 times a year for the next 8 years, no thanks. I prefer the Flyers keep old, overpaid, shitty defensemen lol

LOL yeah, Weber setting up guys like Giroux & Simmonds from the point? No thanks. I would rather they just rely on Timmonen for all their point play.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a TD catch by Jones for the Bengals!

BArFt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.