• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers were a better team last year though imo - they had more of a forecheck, they were more physical - they don't have any of it this season

Just because he won't keep the roster this long doesn't mean the changes that could/would be made will make this team better - and if AV is really that frustrated, he should have been lobbying for changes in the offseason so that they weren't put in this tough position right now - it's going to be difficult for this team to get much better - and I don't think one or two players is going to make this team that much better

Debateable, team was small and didn't play as physical, which is why Boston manhandled us. Our 2011 team was a more physical team and played with more grit. I'm glad we don't grind it out like we used to, that didn't work at all, players lost interest in Torts and his system.

Yes they will, he wants offensive players, it's what AV preaches, not going to win games with the lack of offense he has. Don't get me wrong, I love Zucc, but to rely on him in the top 6 constantly wont get us anywhere. We need another big scoring threat.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably should have clarified that if you need to win a shootout in game 82 to get into the playoffs, you probably didn't do enough throughout the season to deserve to get in - that's what it really comes down to - teams who pile up points in OT/SO throughout the season are good enough to the point where it won't come down to game 82 for them - that's where some of their skilled players have come into play throughout the season

:laugh3:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...ahhh. Ok I'm gonna stop laughing. hhahahahahaha... OK I'm really done now.

The shootout has almost nothing to do with hockey skill. If I practiced shootout moves for two weeks I'd put a few past NHL goalies.

If I played in an NHL game I'd be lucky survive my first shift without getting destroyed. In fact the only reason I might not get jacked up right away would be because my man had already lit the lamp.

It's really not hard to pick a corner when you have all day or to make a fancy deke when you are alone on the ice. The true skill in the NHL is to do those things while large, frighteningly fast athletes are trying to knock you into next week.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debateable, team was small and didn't play as physical, which is why Boston manhandled us. Our 2011 team was a more physical team and played with more grit. I'm glad we don't grind it out like we used to, that didn't work at all, players lost interest in Torts and his system.

Yes they will, he wants offensive players, it's what AV preaches, not going to win games with the lack of offense he has. Don't get me wrong, I love Zucc, but to rely on him in the top 6 constantly wont get us anywhere. We need another big scoring threat.

No doubt, they can't win with whatever offense they got now, they have to improve that - but for whatever reason, I think guys like Dan Girardi and Marc Staal have taken steps back - they don't see close to being as good as they were two years ago - I think that's part of the Rangers downfall as well

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, they can't win with whatever offense they got now, they have to improve that - but for whatever reason, I think guys like Dan Girardi and Marc Staal have taken steps back - they don't see close to being as good as they were two years ago - I think that's part of the Rangers downfall as well

Girardi has, and so has Cally, which is why both will be traded. Exposed in an offensive system, they're both typical Tortorella players.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...ahhh. Ok I'm gonna stop laughing. hhahahahahaha... OK I'm really done now.

The shootout has almost nothing to do with hockey skill. If I practiced shootout moves for two weeks I'd put a few past NHL goalies.

If I played in an NHL game I'd be lucky survive my first shift without getting destroyed. In fact the only reason I might not get jacked up right away would be because my man had already lit the lamp.

It's really not hard to pick a corner when you have all day or to make a fancy deke when you are alone on the ice. The true skill in the NHL is to do those things while large, frighteningly fast athletes are trying to knock you into next week.

On the flip side, if I was in full game shape, I could probably stop around 75%. Last beer league I played in I stopped 33 in a row at practice one day.

It's a coin flip. My son, in full goalie gear, scored on his team's other goalie in practice recently.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Briere a healthy scratch for the Habs tonight...Woah.

I never really liked him but I kind of feel bad for him. I do think he is trying, he just looks done to me.

goaliesweb-331x250.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im sure its been posted.

but well done Flyers

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, there is a spot on the computer I'm using at work (looks like a booger, damn warehouse associates), but it matched the puck perfectly... I thought there was two pucks on the ice.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You the ma.. Err.. Horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.