• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw that, then she quickly deleted it. He still wasn't the right coach for us.

AV put it perfectly, ''we don't have the right personnel to play the system I want'' the talent is just not there. They need to bring in some real offensive talent or we'll be shit.

He(Torts) might not have been the right coach for them, but when those players bitch about Torts after he left and then they can't step up with a new coach, it makes them look really bad - maybe they don't have the right "people" in the locker room, either

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He(Torts) might not have been the right coach for them, but when those players bitch about Torts after he left and then they can't step up with a new coach, it makes them look really bad - maybe they don't have the right "people" in the locker room, either

Dubinski (+) for Nash. One team had a history or underachieving and the other had a history of staying focused.

Now it's reversed.

A lot of people said when Nash was captain, players around him went soft. And people say Dubinski is the heart and soul of the Jackets - a team that is still within striking distance of the playoffs despite a ton of injuries and some real terrible games on the road.

Maybe I give Nash too much credit, and Dubinski not enough.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubinski (+) for Nash. One team had a history or underachieving and the other had a history of staying focused.

Now it's reversed.

A lot of people said when Nash was captain, players around him went soft. And people say Dubinski is the heart and soul of the Jackets - a team that is still within striking distance of the playoffs despite a ton of injuries and some real terrible games on the road.

Maybe I give Nash too much credit, and Dubinski not enough.

I can certainly see your point, that being said, Rick Nash isn't the captain with the Rangers, so it's hard to say if their struggles are because of him and what not

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can certainly see your point, that being said, Rick Nash isn't the captain with the Rangers, so it's hard to say if their struggles are because of him and what not

Didn't mean to imply they were. Just acknowledging there might be something to the comments in the past about his country club attitude.

Even if he's not captain, a star with that attitude does have an effect. And if no one will nip it in the bud, it could be a big effect. Not saying he's the problem, but he probably ain't helping it.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean to imply they were. Just acknowledging there might be something to the comments in the past about his country club attitude.

Even if he's not captain, a star with that attitude does have an effect. And if no one will nip it in the bud, it could be a big effect. Not saying he's the problem, but he probably ain't helping it.

Agreed, he probably isn't helping the cause but I don't think he's hurting it either - you just wonder if the Rangers could have made a move for someone else that would have helped that team become better, not stagnant

I think the Rangers panicked after losing in the ECF that they needed more scoring but that wasn't really their issue in the ECF, their defense started to wilt and Henrik didn't play as well

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to forget, the players voted Torts their favorite coach to play for, right ahead of Babcock a year or so before he got canned.

They love you when your winning, they don't when your not...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, he probably isn't helping the cause but I don't think he's hurting it either - you just wonder if the Rangers could have made a move for someone else that would have helped that team become better, not stagnant

I think the Rangers panicked after losing in the ECF that they needed more scoring but that wasn't really their issue in the ECF, their defense started to wilt and Henrik didn't play as well

Dorsett is an ass (teammates really didn't care much for him off ice) and Brassard was another of the country club set. That ain't helping.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably get roasted for saying this, but I don't think Callahan is the best choice for captain of the Rangers. I've never been that impressed with his play or leadership to be honest and he often seems like a whiny little girl on the ice.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably get roasted for saying this, but I don't think Callahan is the best choice for captain of the Rangers. I've never been that impressed with his play or leadership to be honest and he often seems like a whiny little girl on the ice.

he'll fit in nicely with the canucks next season

/ :behindsofa:

// wait a sec :gaah:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue for me is that he gets injured too much and if your captain isn't going to be out there every night, he can't be the captain - a captain should be a guy that doesn't get hurt and can be out there every night

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lZKqSeS.jpg

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue for me is that he gets injured too much and if your captain isn't going to be out there every night, he can't be the captain - a captain should be a guy that doesn't get hurt and can be out there every night

Hmm... then maybe the Penguins need a new captain? Sid has missed quite a few games the past couple of years.

In all honesty I really thought Marc Staal was going to be the next captain of the Rangers until the injury bug hit.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping the Isles can deliver back-to-back wins for you DaBolts.

The only downside is Capuano might keep his job. Then again with how cheap Wang is he'll probably keep it anyway so they might as well win. They actually beat the Coyotes earlier in the year 6-1 in L.I..

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what KennyBanyeah said earlier today about Shanny and the NHL Player Safety Team? He's friggin dead on.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Martin Jones make Team Canada if he keeps this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.