• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like Kevin Poulin was in pain after that first shootout attempt but he's staying in

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at the Sharks losing to the Isles in a shootout - just like when they lost to the Sabres in a shootout at home

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Sabres & Isles win on the same night in the SO????? Next we will see cats & dogs living together.

What I did find interesting however, is that Girgensons scored the only goal in regulation for the Sabres, and he scored the winning goal in the SO.

In the Isles game, Vanek and Okposo scored in Regulation, and they both scored in the SO.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Sabres & Isles win on the same night in the SO????? Next we will see cats & dogs living together.

What I did find interesting however, is that Girgensons scored the only goal in regulation for the Sabres, and he scored the winning goal in the SO.

In the Isles game, Vanek and Okposo scored in Regulation, and they both scored in the SO.

Also the Panthers won a shootout against Detroit, so that's three bottom barrel teams beating some good teams in the shootout

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers and their shit play is really starting to piss me off.

Torts daughter was shooting to kill on twitter yesterday - lol

@BrittanyKellen: NYR and MSG ... You got want you want right? Hopefully you find some identity.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, NOW Cowen has a hearing with Shanny. He should've had one when he elbowed Datsyuk in the fucking head, but whatever...

Ottawa Senators defenceman Jared Cowen and Tampa Bay Lightning forward Richard Panik have disciplinary hearings with the NHL on Wednesday for separate incidents on Tuesday night.

Cowen has a hearing for his hit to the head of Buffalo Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons. He was not penalized on the play.

Panik received a 5-minute major for boarding for his hit on Washington Capitals defenceman Karl Alzner, who left the game after the hit.

Senators' Cowen, Lightning's Panik to have hearings with NHL

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't like the Panik hit on Alzner, if the league truly wants to get these kind of hits out of the game, Panik should be suspended for 10 games. That said, he'll probably get 3 games.

The Cowen hit I don't think was all that bad, but anything around the head is going to garner attention (and as higgy mentioned, the league goofed regarding his earlier hit on Datsyuk).

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good teams sucking in the shootout shouldn't be an excuse to take the shootout away. It's a part of the game, a well rounded team will have a 50/50 shot like any other team.

I shit on the shootout in the past, but I think it's good to have in the game. My beef is with the points system.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant make this up. Another penalty on Green. That's 4 minor penalties on Green in the first 12 minutes

The fans in those sections will get two seats in the first 10 rows to a future Panthers game - a $16 value!

Do they get another jersey too?

u5KMmVUl.jpg

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANN!

So apparently last night was comeback night. Jackets down 2 and win, Caps down however many and Ovechkin wins. Isles hang in too.

So, uh, Montreal? Wha ha'apen?

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't like the Panik hit on Alzner, if the league truly wants to get these kind of hits out of the game, Panik should be suspended for 10 games. That said, he'll probably get 3 games.

The Cowen hit I don't think was all that bad, but anything around the head is going to garner attention (and as higgy mentioned, the league goofed regarding his earlier hit on Datsyuk).

Alzner totally took a dive! (Sorry, little bit of Swamp Fever)

I'm surprised Cowen is looking at a hearing since there was no injury on the play :-)deadhorse:). Maybe they're finally going to look at intent instead of result.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do they get another jersey too?

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANN!

So apparently last night was comeback night. Jackets down 2 and win, Caps down however many and Ovechkin wins. Isles hang in too.

So, uh, Montreal? Wha ha'apen?

I hoped after they blocked the extra point they might turn it around, but alas they did not.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat overheard on the TSN broadcast last night - Over the last 40 years, the Kings have won in Montreal a total of 7 times.

/Make it 8

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hoped after they blocked the extra point they might turn it around, but alas they did not.

That's usually a momentum swinger, those blocked PATs.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torts daughter was shooting to kill on twitter yesterday - lol

@BrittanyKellen: NYR and MSG ... You got want you want right? Hopefully you find some identity.

Yeah I saw that, then she quickly deleted it. He still wasn't the right coach for us.

AV put it perfectly, ''we don't have the right personnel to play the system I want'' the talent is just not there. They need to bring in some real offensive talent or we'll be shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.