• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Fair enough. I think in the speed of that replay it looks awful, but again, I do think that in real time and in the couple seconds in the middle of a scrum in which that all happens, it's a little different. I can't even count the dozens of times I've seen a guy get thrown or two guys both go down hard to the ice at the end of a fight and nobody makes a big deal of it because they landed in a way that nobody got hurt.

I don't know. The hair pulling is certainly shitty. The in-game stuff is one thing, but I have a harder time condemning Wilson for a scrum after the whistle as easily given the culture and past of the game and given that Panarin initially went after him. The NHL should just clean it all the way up so we don't have to have these stupid debates about intention, consequences, and punishment.
in summary, fuck tom wilson.

:thumb:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I think in the speed of that replay it looks awful, but again, I do think that in real time and in the couple seconds in the middle of a scrum in which that all happens, it's a little different. I can't even count the dozens of times I've seen a guy get thrown or two guys both go down hard to the ice at the end of a fight and nobody makes a big deal of it because they landed in a way that nobody got hurt.

I don't know. The hair pulling is certainly shitty. The in-game stuff is one thing, but I have a harder time condemning Wilson for a scrum after the whistle as easily given the culture and past of the game and given that Panarin initially went after him. The NHL should just clean it all the way up so we don't have to have these stupid debates about intention, consequences, and punishment.

As he was double teaming Panarin's teammate. You forget to say this every time.

Watching it again I really have to laugh at the characterization of what Panarin did as a "flying tackle" as well.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the day in and out of listening to NHL network they seem to agree with the league in just a fine

tom wilson nhl GIF

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching it again I really have to laugh at the characterization of what Panarin did as a "flying tackle" as well.

Somebody needs to teach those Russkies how to chuck knuckles lol (from a previous Caps - Rags game)

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to teach those Russkies how to chuck knuckles lol (from a previous Caps - Rags game)

Those were hammerfists, usually the ref stops it after a few but Dana must have needed the publicity that week :wink:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the day in and out of listening to NHL network they seem to agree with the league in just a fine
So weird. The official NHL propaganda channel supports what the league does?

Meanwhile, Rangers not holding back, saying Parros should be fired.
E0k350kXsAYdt1t

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

E0k350kXsAYdt1t
Wednesday’s game should be must watch tv.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

E0k350kXsAYdt1t

Wow, that's quite the statement. I mean, it's right on point in my opinion, but I never thought we would ever see something like that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very curious how much larger their fine will be than tom wilson's.

Well, that's gotta be at least 25K if not 100K. Either amount is a drop in the bucket for the Rangers.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday’s game should be must watch tv.
That's the idea.
Wow, that's quite the statement. I mean, it's right on point in my opinion, but I never thought we would ever see something like that.
JD has never been shy about expressing his feelings. I actually read that in his voice.
very curious how much larger their fine will be than tom wilson's.
Imagine if Torts had said it.

No wait. I hope Torts DOES say it tomorrow.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a club ever spoken out against the league like this? That’s a massive statement to make there.

The shame really is that there isn’t one from the PA. How many guys are sick of this shit? Honest question because it seems like they’re fine with the way things are handled the more their representation stays quiet.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shame really is that there isn’t one from the PA. How many guys are sick of this shit? Honest question because it seems like they’re fine with the way things are handled the more their representation stays quiet.

Established in 1967, the National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) is comprised of the 750 players in the National Hockey League (NHL). The primary role of the Association is to act as the collective bargaining unit on behalf of the players, but also assists and manages in areas such as marketing, licensing, pension, insurance and communications. Some of the key areas of support and management the Association provides are:

• Negotiating terms of the collective bargaining agreement with the NHL
  • Certification Program for player agents
  • Salary Arbitration
  • Player Grievances
  • Professional development programs
  • Improving working conditions and creating player safety initiatives
They need to work on the last bullet point that I bolded.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a club ever spoken out against the league like this? That’s a massive statement to make there.

Sort of but he made himself out to be an ass because he was simultaneously paying Matt Cooke.

Sources said Lemieux privately had been fuming since the Penguins' game with the New York Islanders on Friday, which ended with the third-most penalty minutes in an NHL contest in the past 21 years.

"If the events relating to Friday night reflect the state of the league, I need to re-think whether I want to be a part of it," his statement said.

"The NHL had a chance to send a clear and strong message that those kinds of actions are unacceptable and embarrassing to the sport. It failed."

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to work on the last bullet point that I bolded.
They won't because of the first bullet point. As long as a player only loses a maximum of a few minutes salary for transgressions, that will take precedence.

Tom made more money serving the double minor than he paid in fines.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, not that Wayne Simmonds would ever do it (probably), but if the Leafs play the Oilers in the playoffs and they got into a scrum and Simmonds were to slam McDavid down to the ice like Wilson did to Panarin, is it a 5K fine? I think Simmonds is banished to either Siberia or Gitmo.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of but he made himself out to be an ass because he was simultaneously paying Matt Cooke.

Sources said Lemieux privately had been fuming since the Penguins' game with the New York Islanders on Friday, which ended with the third-most penalty minutes in an NHL contest in the past 21 years.

"If the events relating to Friday night reflect the state of the league, I need to re-think whether I want to be a part of it," his statement said.

"The NHL had a chance to send a clear and strong message that those kinds of actions are unacceptable and embarrassing to the sport. It failed."

If Rick DiPetro couldn't take a punch he should have never invited Brent Johnson to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.