• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda amazing that the response by these companies to cord-cutting was to splinter everything even more and make it even more inaccessible to fans.
And it's not just sports. There is a channel called Smithsonian channel that I get through my local cable TV. I have it on most days for background noise while working. I have an app for it on my Roku which is attached to the TV in the basement that does not have a cable box. I want to stream some of their shows while riding my stationary bike. Smithsonian channel recently made a deal with Paramount +. They also have a deal with Hulu.

When trying to use Smithsonian Channel roku app, I have to sign in with my cable TV login only for it to tell me Smitshonian channel is not available on my cable TV provider. Which it is, on my cable box upstairs.

No problem. I can use Hulu. When I sign in with my Hulu account to the Smithsonian channel app, half the shows are only "clips". Several episodes, seemingly at random, are not available at all.

UNLESS I go to the Hulu app on Roku, which has a completely different set of shows that are available and completely different ones that are clips only. Some aren't available at all.

On my laptop, from a browser, I can't view anything because they say my cable operator doesn't carry them. When I go to my cable operator's page in a browser, I can watch it live, but there is no OnDemand of any shows.

They keep trying to push down Paramount +, but who the fuck knows what I could watch on that?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the most Oilers fashion can a team score 6 goals and only 9 players getting points. And take a guess which two have more than 1 pt.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's not just sports. There is a channel called Smithsonian channel that I get through my local cable TV. I have it on most days for background noise while working. I have an app for it on my Roku which is attached to the TV in the basement that does not have a cable box. I want to stream some of their shows while riding my stationary bike. Smithsonian channel recently made a deal with Paramount +. They also have a deal with Hulu.

When trying to use Smithsonian Channel roku app, I have to sign in with my cable TV login only for it to tell me Smitshonian channel is not available on my cable TV provider. Which it is, on my cable box upstairs.

No problem. I can use Hulu. When I sign in with my Hulu account to the Smithsonian channel app, half the shows are only "clips". Several episodes, seemingly at random, are not available at all.

UNLESS I go to the Hulu app on Roku, which has a completely different set of shows that are available and completely different ones that are clips only. Some aren't available at all.

On my laptop, from a browser, I can't view anything because they say my cable operator doesn't carry them. When I go to my cable operator's page in a browser, I can watch it live, but there is no OnDemand of any shows.

They keep trying to push down Paramount +, but who the fuck knows what I could watch on that?
I too like the Smithsonian channel. The VOD on my receiver has Smithsonian but then half the shows just show me showtimes and then the programs are available on demand elsewhere. WHATS THE GODDAMN POINT?!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny there are a few other like that also that to use the app on the Roku you need a cable subscription.

And don’t forget Discovery +, they hype that up on all their channels commercials right now.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny there are a few other like that also that to use the app on the Roku you need a cable subscription.

And don’t forget Discovery +, they hype that up on all their channels commercials right now.
I just signed up for their 7 day free trial. I'll have everything I want from the service before the trial ends.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just signed up for their 7 day free trial. I'll have everything I want from the service before the trial ends.
I mean come on now I can never get enough of Oprah interviewing the Fixer Upper couple or fake home improvement shows hosted by those twin wannabe country singers.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean come on now I can never get enough of Oprah interviewing the Fixer Upper couple or fake home improvement shows hosted by those twin wannabe country singers.

Their channels sure have gone downhill, haven't they? I'll be going back for a few gems from the past/present:

Battlebots, Outrageous Acts of Science, I Almost Got Away With It, Mythbusters

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their channels sure have gone downhill, haven't they? I'll be going back for a few gems from the past/present:

Battlebots, Outrageous Acts of Science, I Almost Got Away With It, Mythbusters
Speaking of discover + channels that gone down hill. The ID channel, every show is about a murder and this is the opening line in each one. “This type of thing doesn’t happen around here.”
And all I can think of when I hear that is... and yet it did and still does.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ez7ryM7XEAogQn_

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$20 schmmills per team

A few requests for ESPN & Turner...

• Do something with the pregame shows that doesn't involve fucking Keith Jones. He is the biggest powerdown in pregame shows. His monotone, staccato delivery is better served as a color guy. He has the studio presence of a potato. Surely TBS can do better than him.
  • Pierre. Don't. Just don't.
  • Put Gary Thorne and Bill Clement back together. Because they were arguably the best team of announcers in sports. Not just hockey.
  • I would hate to lose Daryl Reaugh. We Stars fans have been spoiled for the last 25+ years with his presence. The man is so damn good at color and his humor is beyond reproach. But - he would be a perfect fit in a national hockey broadcast team. ESPN and/or TBS should be asking him how much it would take... and give it to him.
I won't miss NBCSN. I'm glad they have been around because we in the US needed them. But they have treated hockey as an after thought. I know ESPN will do a better job because they were doing a better job before Buttplug took the game to Versus. And I really hope TBS brings to the NHL what they bring to the NBA. Because they are so much better with the NBA than any of the other platforms it isn't funny.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few requests for ESPN & Turner...

• Do something with the pregame shows that doesn't involve fucking Keith Jones. He is the biggest powerdown in pregame shows. His monotone, staccato delivery is better served as a color guy. He has the studio presence of a potato. Surely TBS can do better than him.
  • Pierre. Don't. Just don't.
  • Put Gary Thorne and Bill Clement back together. Because they were arguably the best team of announcers in sports. Not just hockey.
  • I would hate to lose Daryl Reaugh. We Stars fans have been spoiled for the last 25+ years with his presence. The man is so damn good at color and his humor is beyond reproach. But - he would be a perfect fit in a national hockey broadcast team. ESPN and/or TBS should be asking him how much it would take... and give it to him.
I won't miss NBCSN. I'm glad they have been around because we in the US needed them. But they have treated hockey as an after thought. I know ESPN will do a better job because they were doing a better job before Buttplug took the game to Versus. And I really hope TBS brings to the NHL what they bring to the NBA. Because they are so much better with the NBA than any of the other platforms it isn't funny.
Totally on point. As for Jones anything and literally anything is better. Heck would be perfectly fine with Charles Barkley even though he knows nothing except how to gamble on the games. I guess in that perspective he would replace Ed Olcyzk.

As for NBCSN I am so glad it is going away. Their production quality is awful and even if TBS implements 2/3rds of what they do for the NBA it will be 1,000,000,000 times better to what we get today.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ESPN is getting it, any chance of games being on ABC with any regularity (Sat/Sun)?

Status
Not open for further replies.