• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part V minutes for fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another shit stirring predatory hitter has scrambled his brains enough to need to quit So let's all pretend he was awesome!

Wasn't a lot of fanfare for when McQuaid had to retire because of this:

Fuck Andrew Shaw. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

It seems to be the case that if you are either a) a Stanley Cup winner or b) a media favo(u)rite that these transgressions are easily forgotten or downplayed. Shaw ticks both boxes.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

roy.gif
He's taking a stanchion position in his argument.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favourite thing about Andrew Shaw is that one of the draft picks Montreal sent to Chicago for him became Alex DeBrincat.

The other pick could've been Samuel Girard but Chicago took some other D-man that never made it instead two picks before Nashville took him.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox would've been better. Gonna be a very quiet second fiddle to the NBA on all of these networks.

I'll guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, but the production quality for the NBA on TNT is top-notch, in my opinion. If they can bring that same type of quality to NHL broadcasts, maybe they can bring in more fans :noidea:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, but the production quality for the NBA on TNT is top-notch, in my opinion. If they can bring that same type of quality to NHL broadcasts, maybe they can bring in more fans :noidea:
Or even the Flames back to Atlanta. :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I want to watch IndyCar or Premier League, they expect me to pay for Peacock.

If I want to watch Top Gear or DTM racing, they expect me to pay for Motor Trend.

If I want to watch more than the F1 race, I am expected to pay for both ESPN+ and F1 TV. Because I can't get Sky Sports F1 here, which I would ACTUALLY pay for.

If I want to watch NHL, I have to pay for NHL.tv and deal with blackouts.

Now I will have to get HBO Max if I want to watch more hockey.

Good thing I only really like hockey and racing. I know there's like 250 different ways to pay to watch football and baseball.

I wonder if I can submit my payment directly to Bettman in Nickles and Dimes?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I want to watch IndyCar or Premier League, they expect me to pay for Peacock.

If I want to watch Top Gear or DTM racing, they expect me to pay for Motor Trend.

If I want to watch more than the F1 race, I am expected to pay for both ESPN+ and F1 TV. Because I can't get Sky Sports F1 here, which I would ACTUALLY pay for.

If I want to watch NHL, I have to pay for NHL.tv and deal with blackouts.

Now I will have to get HBO Max if I want to watch more hockey.

Good thing I only really like hockey and racing. I know there's like 250 different ways to pay to watch football and baseball.

I wonder if I can submit my payment directly to Bettman in Nickles and Dimes?
It's kinda amazing that the response by these companies to cord-cutting was to splinter everything even more and make it even more inaccessible to fans.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda amazing that the response by these companies to cord-cutting was to splinter everything even more and make it even more inaccessible to fans.
Of course, they must still receive their extortion rates from the consumer by splintering everything into multiple "affordable" cord-cutting streaming services.

Reactions: gob

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, they must still receive their extortion rates from the consumer by splintering everything into multiple "affordable" cord-cutting streaming services.
Just going to drive people back to piracy (it's already happening) or drive them away from many forms of entertainment altogether.

Great time to get kids back into books.

Status
Not open for further replies.