• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following also stood out for me...

He declined comment on why he paid – some might suggest overpaid – $7.25 million for a property assessed for tax purposes at $1.8 million.

I realize property assessed value is usually lower than market value, but not usually 5.5 million under.
I cannot think of a single reason for that overpayment that doesn't involve some kind of incredibly shady shit.

You could pay a UWO student’s beer tab for a year with that kind of money.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The following also stood out for me...

He declined comment on why he paid – some might suggest overpaid – $7.25 million for a property assessed for tax purposes at $1.8 million.

I realize property assessed value is usually lower than market value, but not usually 5.5 million under.
could be a new build that isn't reflected in assessment yet.
rest assured London property tax folks will catch up as soon as possible

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Erik Karlsson get $11 million per? Assuming he signs for 7 years, is anyone taking that gamble?

A year ago it was no doubt but after another season of injuries is anyone rolling the dice on 30+ year old Karlsson staying healthy?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Erik Karlsson get $11 million per? Assuming he signs for 7 years, is anyone taking that gamble?

A year ago it was no doubt but after another season of injuries is anyone rolling the dice on 30+ year old Karlsson staying healthy?
Oh yeah. Someone is definitely taking this chance.

Even with the bum groin he was nearly a point-per-game d-man in the playoffs. That's just way too attractive to pass up.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably, but I'm not sure. I think he may get $11M and he may get 7 years but I have a feeling he won't get both.

But I'm probably wrong. Knowing NHL GMs he'll likely sign a 7 year deal for $12.5M per. The upside of him regaining his health is huge and NHL GMs just can't help themselves.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Acciari gotten up yet or is he still campaigning for a call?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NHL has released another angle of the play. It clearly shows Acciari took a dive.

giphy.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you slow down the 4K footage, you can see the Formula 1 Car zooming through and blasting his legs into the air like that. It's rough to watch, and happens so fast regular 1080p didn't see it.

There's been enough to criticize the refs about this year, but I am with Sutherland on this one. So, yes, it was a trip. And embellishment. At that point, the ref has to choose whistle it and take both, or just let it go. Had Acciari just let it happen, even if it was just a mild stumble, I'd bet he gets the call. On national TV, the league and everyone involved wants the games to continue moving.

And at the end of the day, the Bruins had 59 minutes and 50 seconds to make a bad call not matter. And they didn't.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember some years ago in the playoffs in OT a Bruin slashed Kovalev and the refs missed it. Kovalev stopped playing to shake his arm and the Bruins scored? Good times, we all had a good number of laughs about that. I wonder if anything similar happened recently?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember some years ago in the playoffs in OT a Bruin slashed Kovalev and the refs missed it. Kovalev stopped playing to shake his arm and the Bruins scored? Good times, we all had a good number of laughs about that. I wonder if anything similar happened recently?

The funny thing is that slash was the work of current Canucks coach Travis Green and based on a lot of social media posts I've read, Canucks fans were rather giddy about what happened last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.