• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas clinches.
When the team CEO ripped their two best players the team was 19-16-3. They've gone 23-15-4 since. Seguin and Benn have both seen their PPG go from 0.84 & 0.79 to 1.07 and 1.37, respectively.

I guess we'll be seeing more team execs trashing their stars next year.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he will stick longer with the Devils than he did with the Oilers...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now we have two first round playoff series locked in - San Jose will play Vegas and Boston vs. Toronto

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now we have two first round playoff series locked in - San Jose will play Vegas and Boston vs. Toronto

I think that Vegas - SJ series is a toss up.

I think Boston wins over T.O. but it'll be closer than many people think. If not I think Babdick might get shown the door. And as a fan of a rival team I'm not sure how I feel about that. Kinda think I'd like him to stick around a bit longer.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Boston wins over T.O. but it'll be closer than many people think. If not I think Babdick might get shown the door. And as a fan of a rival team I'm not sure how I feel about that. Kinda think I'd like him to stick around a bit longer.

If Fleury is back and healthy, I think Vegas wins, the Sharks goaltending is a hot mess these days, but Subban doesn't inspire a lot of confidence either. If Boston wins (and I think they will), would the Leafs turf Babcock? That's a lot of money to pay a guy not to coach the team. Yes, it's pocket change for the Leafs I realize, but still, I think he will survive, I mean Jake Muzzin is not the answer on defense.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIf Boston wins (and I think they will), would the Leafs turf Babcock? That's a lot of money to pay a guy not to coach the team.
This assumes that nobody will hire Babcock quickly and take most of the cost burden off the Leafs' hands. Firing him would not hurt all that much.

I mean Jake Muzzin is not the answer on defense.
Muzzin's been fine. He wasn't the RD they needed but he's been more than fine.

The Leafs also only had their full post-Muzzin acquisition blue line healthy for 14 games before Dermott and Gardiner went down; they went 9-3-2 during that span.

Both series with Boston this decade went 7 games so anything less than close is a step backwards.

Boston knew exactly how to get through the Leafs both in last year's playoffs and in this season's games and given how Babcock has done literally nothing different to fix that since, combined with Gardiner not being 100% and thus the likelihood of being penned in their own zone more frequently, I'm pretty pessimistic on going through.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the Oilers had the ghost of George Carlin running the team - Taylor, Tyler, Jordan, Flynn - These are not real names :D

Tawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd

230px-Todd_McLellan.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fleury is back and healthy, I think Vegas wins, the Sharks goaltending is a hot mess these days, but Subban doesn't inspire a lot of confidence either. If Boston wins (and I think they will), would the Leafs turf Babcock? That's a lot of money to pay a guy not to coach the team. Yes, it's pocket change for the Leafs I realize, but still, I think he will survive, I mean Jake Muzzin is not the answer on defense.

Yeah. Any shortcomings the Leafs might have (and I mean they ARE a 100 point team) are not solely on Babcock. Dubas has made some questionable decisions as well. They've been fairly minor in the grand, 5-8 year plan, scheme of things but they were still questionable.

I just think that if the Leafs were to go out meekly in 4-5 games that, right or wrong, the blame will fall on Babcock. I'd be really curious who might replace him though. Does the league's richest team have the balls to hire an unproven Sheldon Keefe?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck Daddy chimes in and Staples takes the bait lol

I like how Staples qualifies that they never disparaged Hall's play BEFORE the trade. Like it was OK once he was traded to New Jersey? Ya know... where he went on to win the Hart trophy.

So you guys are either disingenuous, flat out dumb, or both.

I think I'll go with column C.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Bruins team we played last night had few if any weak spots. It's been a while since I was that impressed by a team that handed us our ass.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you take Shat if the Rags eat half? I'd probably take a $3.4 mil Shat. I think he'd still be pretty good in the right situation - away from the top pairing, put with a great stay at home guy. Muzzin-Shattenkirk as a second pair sounds pretty fun to me.

The toilet better be made of solid gold and the bidet better shoot cristal into your a&&.

Status
Not open for further replies.