• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at the inlaws, so watching this one might be a challenge. Biggest game of the year for both teams.

Can't wait to see who shows up.
Not sure if you're a soccer fan at all, but they had one of the Crew players interviewed during a break last night. I don't remember that happening at all with the previous ownership group.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you're a soccer fan at all, but they had one of the Crew players interviewed during a break last night. I don't remember that happening at all with the previous ownership group.

I actually managed to watch last night's game and saw that. Thought it was really cool.

I like seeing the Crew and Blue Jackets banding together to fight for attention against OSU.

Tomorrow night will be harder because more of them will be in town.

I understand they don't like that pinkie commie garbage :D

My younger brother in law bought a Toyota Prius. We are all up in arms.

Better yet, he damn near bought a Jetta TDI. It would have been anarchy. Cats and dogs living together.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually managed to watch last night's game and saw that. Thought it was really cool.

I like seeing the Crew and Blue Jackets banding together to fight for attention against OSU.

Tomorrow night will be harder because more of them will be in town.

My younger brother in law bought a Toyota Prius. We are all up in arms.

Better yet, he damn near bought a Jetta TDI. It would have been anarchy. Cats and dogs living together.
Woah, woah, woah....

But I do think it's better for them to use each other to promote. 97.1 does talk a decent amount about the Jackets, though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah, woah, woah....

Unfortunately, that is who they are fighting against for ticket and merch revenue though. I wish there was more CBJ and Crew stuff around. During the Save The Crew time, I tried like heck to find a hat or T-shirt and couldn't find them anywhere. I eventually found a hat in Giant Eagle of all places.

They will never surpass OSU ever, but more people around town need to realize the fun atmosphere that there is at both Crew and Jackets games.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, that is who they are fighting against for ticket and merch revenue though. I wish there was more CBJ and Crew stuff around. During the Save The Crew time, I tried like heck to find a hat or T-shirt and couldn't find them anywhere. I eventually found a hat in Giant Eagle of all places.

They will never surpass OSU ever, but more people around town need to realize the fun atmosphere that there is at both Crew and Jackets games.
Yeah, if you want Crew gear, you pretty much have to go to either the stadium or Homage.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never been able to understand the peeps that don't find hockey exciting … especially after going to live games and watching in it's pure form.

I'm guessing most of the non-lovers just never took the time to 'understand' the game.

NHL playoff season is the best time of the year and sooo many peeps miss out.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been able to understand the peeps that don't find hockey exciting … especially after going to live games and watching in it's pure form.

I'm guessing most of the non-lovers just never took the time to 'understand' the game.

This dude and his gf say next to me one game. He kept bitching to her about how stupid it was.

I'm assuming it was her idea to go to the game... If she was hot, I would have taken her off his hands.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is a shame for sure. I feel shame. What's really crazy though is that some fans miss out on the playoffs for the better part of a decade.

There really aren't that many people in OTT or EDM :D

The Oilers 2 years ago had a better postseason than the Leafs have had in 15 years. Really makes you think. :suds:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oilers 2 years ago had a better postseason than the Leafs have had in 15 years. Really makes you think. :suds:

hehehe

Yes the irony of a Leafs fan making the original comment was not lost on me

And thank you for not including the Centennial year in your response :suds:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude and his gf say next to me one game. He kept bitching to her about how stupid it was.
Yeah, it is stupid because watching and enjoying hockey requires paying attention and understanding the nuances of what's going on. So the stupid he was experiencing was his own reflection.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it is stupid because watching and enjoying hockey requires paying attention and understanding the nuances of what's going on. So the stupid he was experiencing was his own reflection.
I think it was a 3-2 game (or around that). One of his complaints was that there isn't any scoring or big plays.

Yeah that's like a 21-14 game in the NFL, which is common.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK found the pic

hotterthan-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.