• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps play the Canes tonight. The potential playoff matchup could be labeled the #JerkBowl since Don Cherry has called the Hurricanes "jerks" for their postgame celebrations (which are awesome) and Kuznetsov "a jerk" for his signature dirty bird celly (also awesome) after goals.

A celebration two teams mocked this year after wins...

BestSeparateDrake-size_restricted.gif

Two teams that went down to the Capitals in last year's playoffs. Mock away.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps play the Canes tonight. The potential playoff matchup could be labeled the #JerkBowl since Don Cherry has called the Hurricanes "jerks" for their postgame celebrations (which are awesome) and Kuznetsov "a jerk" for his signature dirty bird celly (also awesome) after goals.

A celebration two teams mocked this year after wins...

BestSeparateDrake-size_restricted.gif

Two teams that went down to the Capitals in last year's playoffs. Mock away.
So... If Carolina wins, is their celebration going to involve flapping?

But, no OT, go Caps. Do us a solid

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair it is a lot to get. There aren't frequent whistles, it looks like chaos without any structure and there isn't really "out of bounds" or a lot of down time. Mrs 43 struggled with it at first. She grew up in a football and baseball household.

It does take effort to really get to know the game. And some people don't want to make the effort. Their loss.

And I wish the NHL would stop trying to woo those people who don't want to bother.

My personal experience has been rather different. In college my fraternity was full of athletes so since the football team has the most players that meant a lot of guys from small towns in Texas and whatnot who came to college not "understanding" hockey at all. And yet when they came to our games nobody cheered harder or loved being a part of it more than those guys. Does understanding the nuances of the game change the experience some? Sure, but I think there's still plenty to enjoy anyway once you give it a chance.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She went to the University of Maryland.

I wonder what her major was.

My personal experience has been rather different. In college my fraternity was full of athletes so since the football team has the most players that meant a lot of guys from small towns in Texas and whatnot who came to college not "understanding" hockey at all. And yet when they came to our games nobody cheered harder or loved being a part of it more than those guys. Does understanding the nuances of the game change the experience some? Sure, but I think there's still plenty to enjoy anyway once you give it a chance.

It stands to reason that players of other sports, especially contact sports, would love and appreciate hockey more than non- athletes.

And Wonder Woman (the original one).

She is a very nice lady. I have met her once or twice.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It stands to reason that players of other sports, especially contact sports, would love and appreciate hockey more than non- athletes.

There is certainly some truth to that but football crowds are full of "non-athletes" (don't tell them that or risk hearing 20 minutes of Pop Warner stories :wink: ) who enjoy the experience nonetheless.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is certainly some truth to that but football crowds are full of "non-athletes" (don't tell them that or risk hearing 20 minutes of Pop Warner stories :wink: ) who enjoy the experience nonetheless.
U evar gonna light & smoke that fng cig? lolz

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And to bring it all together...

evgeny-kuznetsov-carolina-hurricanes-kayak.gif

Reactions: gob
Status
Not open for further replies.