• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been able to understand the peeps that don't find hockey exciting … especially after going to live games and watching in it's pure form.

I'm guessing most of the non-lovers just never took the time to 'understand' the game.

NHL playoff season is the best time of the year and sooo many peeps miss out.

To be fair it is a lot to get. There aren't frequent whistles, it looks like chaos without any structure and there isn't really "out of bounds" or a lot of down time. Mrs 43 struggled with it at first. She grew up in a football and baseball household.

It does take effort to really get to know the game. And some people don't want to make the effort. Their loss.

And I wish the NHL would stop trying to woo those people who don't want to bother.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair it is a lot to get. There aren't frequent whistles, it looks like chaos without any structure and there isn't really "out of bounds" or a lot of down time. Mrs 43 struggled with it at first. She grew up in a football and baseball household.

It does take effort to really get to know the game. And some people don't want to make the effort. Their loss.

And I wish the NHL would stop trying to woo those people who don't want to bother.

Did you take Mrs. 43 to a football game and have her ask you why two guys kept running up and down the sidelines with orange poles?

Mrs. Obx did that.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, there's some stuff that happens that I get confused about still or new things that I learn.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you take Mrs. 43 to a football game and have her ask you why two guys kept running up and down the sidelines with orange poles?

Mrs. Obx did that.

Pole vaulters, obviously. In case they need to block a field goal unit.

It's rough with her family. My son plays hockey, and is a goalie. When they came to watch him they kept asking things like "why does everyone sit down so often" and they were confused about when my son was going to "get to score".

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pole vaulters, obviously. In case they need to block a field goal unit.

It's rough with her family. My son plays hockey, and is a goalie. When they came to watch him they kept asking things like "why does everyone sit down so often"

Hockey is like going to church, you stand up, you sit down, and sometimes you kneel and pay homage to the hockey gods.

and they were confused about when my son was going to "get to score".

That's after the game with the puck bunnies.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you say that. I googled "Columbus puck bunny" to get the pic above.

For the love of all things holy, do not Google "Baltimore Puck Bunny"

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hockey is like going to church, you stand up, you sit down, and sometimes you kneel and pay homage to the hockey gods.

First thought that came to mind after reading this post was this old clip of hockey karma done good.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been able to understand the peeps that don't find hockey exciting … especially after going to live games and watching in it's pure form.

I'm guessing most of the non-lovers just never took the time to 'understand' the game.

NHL playoff season is the best time of the year and sooo many peeps miss out.

Maybe some don't understand it, others might. I honestly think it's one of the easiest sports to understand - at least on a basic level. Maybe people just like different things. Any auto racing bores me to tears. I know plenty of people who love soccer, I've tried many times - it just doesn't do it for me.

Also - fighting is stupid and there is no code:

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/...otebook-paul-byron-wont-make-trip-to-columbus

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the love of all things holy, do not Google "Baltimore Puck Bunny"

mia.jpg

Our state doesn't need a football chant to remind us how to spell the name of our state. Maryland all day!

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mia.jpg

Our state doesn't need a football chant to remind us how to spell the name of our state. Maryland all day!
Wait... She's an FSU fan. Shouldn't she be a Tampa hockey fan or something?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious "fight" between Gritty and one of the mites on ice yesterday. Gloves dropped after Gritty threw his goalie stick into the crowd.

Reactions: gob
Status
Not open for further replies.