• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans of wrestling and Gritty have a new purchase to make.

gritty-wwe-wrestlemania-shirt-front.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You naughty minx :nono:

Not sure if you read the story Dave, but LeBrun muses about secondary RFA targets (such as Kasperi Kapanen) as potentially receiving an offer sheet.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you read the story Dave, but LeBrun muses about secondary RFA targets (such as Kasperi Kapanen) as potentially receiving an offer sheet.

I did not, too cheap :D

That makes more sense than any of the "big" names, given the mandatory compensation. Once you get to that $4M+ AAV where the comp is at least a 1st and a 3rd, I just dont see any team willingly giving that up. Take a guy like Kapanen, I can see an offer in the $4-5M range, but will that team be willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd for him?

The topic made me look at CapFriendly, interesting to see which teams cannot (currently) give offer sheets due to lack of draft picks. Offer Sheet Calculator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kapanen's not going to be an RFA. Dubas already said they've had good discussions on a contract and my guess is he'll be re-signed before the season's out.

Johnsson could hit RFA but he's arb eligible and the Leafs probably aren't going to be able to keep him around anyway, which is fine. Dubas will either trade him before July 1 or someone will offer sheet him for over $4 mil, give us first and third round draft picks and the Leafs will say thank you very much and everyone's happy. I don't think anyone's going to give up a first and third for Andreas Johnsson though, which means he'll probably get thrown in on some other deal Dubas makes long before then.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not, too cheap :D

That makes more sense than any of the "big" names, given the mandatory compensation. Once you get to that $4M+ AAV where the comp is at least a 1st and a 3rd, I just dont see any team willingly giving that up. Take a guy like Kapanen, I can see an offer in the $4-5M range, but will that team be willing to give up a 1st and a 3rd for him?

The topic made me look at CapFriendly, interesting to see which teams cannot (currently) give offer sheets due to lack of draft picks. Offer Sheet Calculator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Blue Jackets are out of this, right? They have like one total draft pick for the next 37 years.

*looks*

Heh. I guess technically the condition on Duchene hasn't been met so we can go for a big fish.

At this point, it feels like Werenski was rushed back and is still playing hurt. He has lost his shot. So if someone wants to toss him an offer in the 8.1 - 10 range, that is just fine with me.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who is not a GM, not an agent, not part of the player in question's organization and should just keep his hideous mouth shut.

Wow. That hurts a little. I have always been self-conscious about my mouth, ever since my brother took a Sherwood to my teeth during a particularly contentions street hockey game.

Unless you mean Marchand, in which case :yes:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That hurts a little. I have always been self-conscious about my mouth, ever since my brother took a Sherwood to my teeth during a particularly contentions street hockey game.

Unless you mean Marchand, in which case :yes:

Of course I was talking about Marchand. Whatever overlap there is there with you is purely coincidental. And a pretty nice bonus. But coincidental.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, I thought it was funny lol.

/If it starts becoming a recurring theme I could imagine some teams getting pissed off though. Don't want this becoming the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.