• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]502506809513762816[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's pretty cool," McDavid said of the chance to play an OHL game in an NHL rink. "I've been to a couple Sabres games It's a pretty nice spot. The fans are crazy here. They're great. And I'm really excited to play here with my team.

"It's a great organization from what I've seen. I know Cody Hodgson pretty well and I hear nothing but good things. They love playing here. Sam Reinhart was so proud and so happy when he got drafted here. It's a great organization and it would be an awesome spot to play."

mcdavid knows options are limited and doesn't want to go to edmonton

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jWXp3rI.png

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ilya Bryzgalov wants to re-sign with the Wild:

www.hockeywilderness.com

I agree that it's a tough call to make on Minny's part. IF Backstrom and Harding can remain healthy enough, then they really don't need him.

... But that's a pretty big if.

The Cosmonaut was pretty good for them last year. Better than i expected anyways.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look up line would have been cooler if it was in white.

As it is, it just looks like somebody took a giant piss out there, not that's there's anything wrong with that.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look up line would have been cooler if it was in white.

As it is, it just looks like somebody took a giant piss out there, not that's there's anything wrong with that.

I thought we were talking about the look up line not the history of predators hockey?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predators put in a "look up" line at the new Ford Ice Center.

Tx3sNiW.png

That would be a great idea if hockey players didn't spend their entire life perfecting the art of skating without looking down.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a great idea if hockey players didn't spend their entire life perfecting the art of skating without looking down.

True enough but when they get that close to the boards they are often digging the puck out of their feet. Also as a forward I always looked for the base of the boards with my peripheral vision as I got close. This might give an extra millisecond of warning. Good stuff, IMO.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough but when they get that close to the boards they are often digging the puck out of their feet. Also as a forward I always looked for the base of the boards with my peripheral vision as I got close. This might give an extra millisecond of warning. Good stuff, IMO.

When they're that close to the boards digging the puck out of their feet they already know that the boards are there. I don't see how this hurts but I'm far from convinced that it helps either. It's not like it's like the warning track in baseball, which not only looks different but also feels different.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they're that close to the boards digging the puck out of their feet they already know that the boards are there. I don't see how this hurts but I'm far from convinced that it helps either. It's not like it's like the warning track in baseball, which not only looks different but also feels different.

I feel the same. Doesn't hurt, but doesn't help. If you need a visual reference to where the boards are there already is one: Those big boards and the glass. You are not often going to be skating full speed looking the opposite way and not realizing there will be a wall there. There's always been a wall there. There always will be a wall there. Unlike baseball where 90% of the field of play is nowhere near a wall.

I also worry that this line could lead to rules interpretations where anyone hit while their skates are on the white side of the line who makes contact with the boards after the hit is "boarded".

Status
Not open for further replies.