• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, if you read the actual article, it tells you why they picked Buffalo to host.

"The NHL Combine is an essential event for all of our member clubs in advance of the draft, which continues to grow in importance," said Colin Campbell, senior executive vice president of NHL Hockey Operations. "The League has pushed to improve the combine each year and the state-of-the-art facilities in Buffalo will allow us to further enhance the quality of the event for our teams, prospects and media."

HarborCenter will open in the fall adjacent to First Niagara Center, home of the Buffalo Sabres. It features two full-size NHL ice rinks, a Marriott hotel plus restaurant and retail outlets.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what colour uniforms the Bills are going to wear when they move here...

T1yHj4q.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We call that being Buffalo up here.

I asked why it was "huge" for Buffalo, with no negativity. "Huge" would be General Electric moving their headquarters and all their domestic operations to the city. This is hosting a convention. Twice. So I ask, why is it "huge" for Buffalo?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked why it was "huge" for Buffalo, with no negativity. "Huge" would be General Electric moving their headquarters and all their domestic operations to the city. This is hosting a convention. Twice. So I ask, why is it "huge" for Buffalo?

*sigh* Because it's the start of revitalizing the downtown area, and getting things back on track. This is just a stepping stone, that can lead to bigger and better things, but you have to start somewhere. Sorry it isn't anything major to Toronto standards, but I'm sure it's no big deal to you guys to not host it for the first time since 1999?

Who knows where this could lead to down the road, but the future is starting to look bright for a change, and Buffalo could get themselves back on the map as a great place to go to for all types of events and shit.

I'M GETTING MYSELF A PAIR OF FUCKING SUNGLASSES; THAT'S HOW BRIGHT IT'S LOOKING!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh* Because it's the start of revitalizing the downtown area, and getting things back on track. This is just a stepping stone, that can lead to bigger and better things, but you have to start somewhere. Sorry it isn't anything major to Toronto standards, but I'm sure it's no big deal to you guys to not host it for the first time since 1999?

Who knows where this could lead to down the road, but the future is starting to look bright for a change, and Buffalo could get themselves back on the map as a great place to go to for all types of events and shit.

I'M GETTING MYSELF A PAIR OF FUCKING SUNGLASSES; THAT'S HOW BRIGHT IT'S LOOKING!

It's fun, I guess. So was the WJHC there, when the local media did their part in welcoming folks to the city (myself included) by telling us we were no longer welcome because we say eh too much and don't wait long enough when making right turns. I mean, how welcoming can a place get? :L

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, how welcoming can a place get? :L

So a bunch of Canadians show up in another City, get drunk, start fights, act like they are superior in every way, while driving like assholes, and you are wondering why the locals got sick of it?

Yeah, that's a head scratcher for sure.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question: Did TSN lose the Habs' local deal? Who picked it up if so?

I think TVA Sports has the Habs' local deal BBB...

Edit: Actually both TVA and RDS.

TVA Sports will carry the season opening game on Wednesday, Oct. 8, against the Toronto Maple Leafs. And it will carry all 21 Canadiens Saturday night games, for a total of 22. All other games (including all preseason games) will be carried regionally on RDS. (A Saturday afternoon game on Super Bowl weekend is regional and so will be on RDS. It’s the only Saturday game that won’t be broadcast nationally.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a bunch of Canadians show up in another City, get drunk, start fights, act like they are superior in every way, while driving like assholes, and you are wondering why the locals got sick of it?

Yeah, that's a head scratcher for sure.

Act in a superior way? How, exactly? By actually attending a tournament the locals couldn't give a fuck about?

One documented fight between fans during a week and a half long tournament? They call that the opening drive in the Bills end zone seats...

Sorry about the driving, you tend to get used to aggressive driving in downtowns with actual traffic. But in return, think you guys could drive in the right lane on the QEW when you come visit? It kind of pisses everybody off when you're doing 45 in the passing lane, or even worse in the HOV lane.

I apologize for coming to another city and spending money on the alcohol, food, sports, hotels and everything else.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TVA Sports has the Habs' local deal BBB...

Edit: Actually both TVA and RDS.

TVA Sports will carry the season opening game on Wednesday, Oct. 8, against the Toronto Maple Leafs. And it will carry all 21 Canadiens Saturday night games, for a total of 22. All other games (including all preseason games) will be carried regionally on RDS. (A Saturday afternoon game on Super Bowl weekend is regional and so will be on RDS. It’s the only Saturday game that won’t be broadcast nationally.)

C'est francais, no? Didn't they have both English and French rights locally?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Act in a superior way? How, exactly? By actually attending a tournament the locals couldn't give a fuck about?

One documented fight between fans during a week and a half long tournament? They call that the opening drive in the Bills end zone seats...

Sorry about the driving, you tend to get used to aggressive driving in downtowns with actual traffic. But in return, think you guys could drive in the right lane on the QEW when you come visit? It kind of pisses everybody off when you're doing 45 in the passing lane, or even worse in the HOV lane.

I apologize for coming to another city and spending money on the alcohol, food, sports, hotels and everything else.

lol @ how angry you are...it's almost comical at this point. If you don't like Buffalo, don't come....it's as simple as that.

No matter how much shit you talk, just remember one thing.....

THIS is your Mayor......that YOU guys voted for:

820435754.gif

Oh and tell DE and B&W I said hi....we all miss them here, but at least we still have a poster from Toronto with an inferiority complex and the need to be confrontational at all costs no matter what.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ how angry you are...it's almost comical at this point. If you don't like Buffalo, don't come....it's as simple as that.

No matter how much shit you talk, just remember one thing.....

THIS is your Mayor......that YOU guys voted for:

820435754.gif

Oh and tell DE and B&W I said hi....we all miss them here, but at least we still have a poster from Toronto with an inferiority complex and the need to be confrontational at all costs no matter what.

200_s.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.