• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krug to the KHL?

A source with knowledge of Krug’s negotiations told CSNNE.com that there’s been a sizeable offer made for the defenseman’s services by an unidentified KHL team. The offer, according to the source, included a good chunk of money up front as a signing bonus.

When contacted by CSNNE.com, Krug’s agent, Lewis Gross, wouldn’t confirm, or deny, that the KHL offer existed, and instead offered an apologetic “no comment.”

The KHL offer is certainly plausible given Krug’s high profile after finishing fourth in Calder Trophy voting, and could be part of the KHL’s ongoing determination to cherry pick disgruntled NHL players for the Russian Hockey League. It also wouldn’t be unprecedented this summer as former B’s forward Vladimir Sobotka bolted St. Louis for the KHL after becoming unhappy when the Blues offered him arbitration rather than a big money multi-year deal.

It’s highly, highly unlikely Krug would eschew both the NHL and the Bruins to hop in bed with a volatile KHL outfit that hasn’t always turned out to be the greatest fit for American-born hockey players. Krug doesn't really fit the profile of NHL players that bolt for Russia.

It may be, however, the one very long shot option for Krug if negotiations don’t turn out well between his camp and the current B’s front office that has always treated their players fairly in the past when given the chance.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Seguin - "It's hard to put a ceiling on our team and what we can do."

5th place in the West. Boom. Honestly, it wasn't even that hard, Tyler.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BizNasty wandering loose in NoVa, MontCo and DC? I will definitely be paying attention to his twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First they bitch and whine about the "ice girls" during games, and now this bullshit...

“The Stripper” is no more.
Blackhawks president John McDonough told the Sun-Times on Wednesday that the longstanding — and to so many, infuriating — practice of organist Frank Pellico playing “The Stripper” while a woman participated in the second-intermission “Shoot the Puck” promotion will stop in the 2014-15 season.

A recent online movement to ban the song, including a #BanTheStripper hashtag and an online petition, called the Hawks out for the rather blatant sexism that was inherent in the contest. The typical format included a child, a man, a celebrity, and an attractive woman — the latter rarely in, let’s say, casual hockey-fan attire. In fact, sources say a team employee has been tasked each night with finding just the right the female participant.

As for the Ice Crew, McDonough said, “They’re very common throughout the league.” But he said repeatedly that the Hawks are having internal discussions about how to make female fans feel more welcome at the United Center.

Blackhawks to stop playing ?The Stripper? during Shoot the Puck | Voices

I bet you'll see them pick heavy set chicks to appease them, but if that's the case, they need to play this music during their turn...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BizNasty wandering loose in NoVa, MontCo and DC? I will definitely be paying attention to his twitter.

Does Bucci bug anyone else? Particularly as a hockey fan? He uses this made up lingo and says it's hockey jargon, which some of it is...but he's like a overgrown laxbro.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Bucci bug anyone else? Particularly as a hockey fan? He uses this made up lingo and says it's hockey jargon, which some of it is...but he's like a overgrown laxbro.

Yeah everyone loves him but I don't

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First they bitch and whine about the "ice girls" during games, and now this bullshit...

I bet you'll see them pick heavy set chicks to appease them, but if that's the case, they need to play this music during their turn...

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN??!?!?

I like Bucci when he is being levleheaded. He's a very smart guy and very passionate about hockey. But when he starts the "Look at me and my irreverent humo(u)r! I am so witty! And here's another 80's song reference for my fans!" I tune him out.

But when you are on the monkeyship, you must dance like a monkey. He's written some very good pieces on hockey.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

He was a great coach. All the best to him and his family.

Kind of makes you wish there was a way to download knowledge. That man has already forgotten more about coaching hockey than most people will ever learn, and that was before he took ill.

I feel for the family, it sucks to watch. My Grandmother started the slide nearly 30 years ago. 102 years old. Takes no medicine and no other major health problems. Hasn't know her own name since 1997.

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of makes you wish there was a way to download knowledge. That man has already forgotten more about coaching hockey than most people will ever learn, and that was before he took ill.

I feel for the family, it sucks to watch. My Grandmother started the slide nearly 30 years ago. 102 years old. Takes no medicine and no other major health problems. Hasn't know her own name since 1997.
Sorry to hear about your grandmother. That is a rough situation. My wife spent 8 years working with Alzheimers patients and their caregivers. That was in the 90's and she still gets emotional talking about it. I don't know how she managed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.