• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plekanec, whose Habs got the best of Marchand's Bruins in a spirited seven-game playoff series last spring, took the dig in stride.

"I enjoyed his comment about me," the Canadiens center told Czech journalist Zdenek Matejovsky "It comes from a person that actually almost everybody in the NHL hates!"

Plekanec replies back and say what everybody already nose about Marchand

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cvVOIRT.jpg

Well that will probably be the funniest thing I see today.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we shouldn't get too attached to the name "Arizona" Coyotes just yet.

According to a report in the Arizona Republic, a previously undisclosed meeting of City Council members and an Arizona Coyotes attorney last June may have violated Arizona's Open Meeting Law and revealed key information to the Coyotes about the city's negotiating position.

Bettman fails at trying to use Jedi mind trick on Arizona and the NHL

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a hell of an interesting article when I read it this morning. Must be a challenge for a GM to figure out what is worthwhile and what isn't.

I thought it was a good read too. I read it last night. Interesting part is the coaches watching the game film and researching the divergence in the #'s and why. The last couple of paragraphs capture a potential opportunity; and here you thought it was just facebook, LinkedIn and google doing the data mining.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stars took a significant step forward in ’13-14, making the playoffs for the first time since Owner Tom Gaglardi bought the team out of bankruptcy in ’11.

The team followed up that milestone by adding veteran scorers Jason Spezza and Ales Hemsky to its young core. With the hope that the team will carry its on-ice momentum into ’14-15, the front office, led by President & CEO Jim Lites, is working to put the team’s business operations in a position to follow suit.

Lites admitted the team likely is not in a position to turn a profit this season, but said that the goal is climbing closer. Lites: “Once we can sell the lower arena of the AmericanAirlines Center out on a season-ticket basis at fair prices, we’re going to be well on our way to being profitable on an annual basis.”

Lites said that the team is 80% of the way to selling out the arena's lower bowl on a nightly basis. The team has a full season-ticket base of 9,000 heading into this season, up from 6,000 when Gaglardi took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.