• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Alice, so it might not end well for Rose.
I heard she wasn't going to be in it? Thus the need for a replacement redhead?

Would suck if she weren't, because she's awesome and I would love to take her on a date sometime.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would suck if she weren't, because she's awesome and I would love to take her on a date sometime.

Darn, I guess not. I thought the small blurb I read last week announcing the air date had her name in in it. Now I do not see it anywhere.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can I vote for Eve Laurence?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this off topic convo all reminds me that i should start calling my wife ginger minge again :noidea:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably shouldn't have googled that at work.

Oh well. I'll be in the store room with my phone for 5 minutes.

Hat, socks, belt.

If you don't know what I'm talking about keep searching, you'll find it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we do?

everyone so quick to defend tootoo when he has a history of being just as big a twat as burrows

the guy left the bench and immediately tried to instigate a fight in a play stoppage ... HE could have faced suspension for that ... im not so sure whether what he said was truth or whether he was trying to get pity points and have the NHL look the other way on all of it

Not disagreeing with you at all, he's no saint. And he certainly could be lying, although holy molasses that'd be an awful thing to lie about...it's just hard not to immediately think he's referring to his brother when he mentions it revolved around family.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Patrick O'Sullivan did a Reddit AMA a few weeks ago and the following was asked and answered:

What's the worst chirp you ever heard on the ice? Like one that the person thought was clever or particularly good, but completely missed the mark.

[–]PatrickOSullivan[S] 231 points232 points233 points 21 days ago (76 children)

Alex Burrows is a guy who thinks he's clever but he's not. Most guys are pretty respectful to be honest there are a rare few that cross the line and unfortunately they are usually the same guys who never want to answer the bell when called upon if you know what I mean.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing with you at all, he's no saint. And he certainly could be lying, although holy molasses that'd be an awful thing to lie about...it's just hard not to immediately think he's referring to his brother when he mentions it revolved around family.

its awfully convenient for Tootoo to just say Burrows said something about me, my heritage, my family and not actually divulge what was actually said ... the actual words ... nice big vacuum he created that dyson would be proud of ... now absolutely everyone can chime in and say what they know Burrows said because ... well ... Burrows of course :L

so now Tootoo has doubled down and continued the rhetoric that everyone can gobble up

Tootoo on Burrows: "I know the type of player he is, so I figured he wasn't going to back up what he said and be a man about it."

said he "wonders how Burrows can sleep"

cant wait for the level 5 ref to chime in

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know what Burrows said, and it has nothing to do with suicide, mothers, ethnicity or any other horrendous things. No, this was much, much worse:

"I hope you get traded to Edmonton!"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess we should all mark Sunday, November 22nd on our calendars when Tootoo and the Devils visit Rogers Centre to take on the Canucks.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Patrick O'Sullivan did a Reddit AMA a few weeks ago and the following was asked and answered:

What's the worst chirp you ever heard on the ice? Like one that the person thought was clever or particularly good, but completely missed the mark.

[–]PatrickOSullivan[S] 231 points232 points233 points 21 days ago (76 children)

Alex Burrows is a guy who thinks he's clever but he's not. Most guys are pretty respectful to be honest there are a rare few that cross the line and unfortunately they are usually the same guys who never want to answer the bell when called upon if you know what I mean.

thats nothing new really regarding burrows ... and of course he should be taken to task for that ... i respect Dorsett for stepping in when Tootoo came off the bench ... thats the one (possibly only) thing that is good about having Prust/Dorsett on the roster ... neither could have been happy with what burrows started and you will think they discuss something like this in the room

I think we all know what Burrows said, and it has nothing to do with suicide, mothers, ethnicity or any other horrendous things. No, this was much, much worse:

"I hope you get traded to Edmonton!"

world war 3 will start in the rematch in a couple of weeks when burr comes back with ... "hey Tootoo ... grow a thicker skin ... or better yet ... kill a baby seal and cover yourself in that skin"

:gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.