• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, of course there is now because people have watched and/or read about his performances with the Oilers and thought "bust!".

What they maybe miss is that he's spent most of his times on lines with fucking Derek Roy and Sam Gagner, and that the second he was on a line with someone with even a modicum of talent he started to produce. If he was doing what he was doing with McDavid while skating with Ryan Johansen the past two years maybe we're already talking about one of the better wingers in the league, hmm?

Murray's got as good a shot as any of becoming a good d-man, but I don't know if 1-A superstar is his end and for the 2nd overall pick it really should be.

At least we can all take solace in the fact we didn't draft Griffin Reinhart, though. Or trade a first round pick for him once it became clear he is awful.

Islanders scouts blew that pick. Fortunately Garth made up for it with the trade. Dal Colle seems to be playing better of late. He's working with a skating coach every week, which seems to be his biggest issue.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article, wonder how good the Blackhawks could have been if they had never gotten Kane.

Final game of the 2006-07 season - Oilers (in the 5-hole as far as the entry draft is concerned) win a meaningless game over the Flames and pass Chicago in the standings putting the Hawks into the draft lottery. Hawks win the lottery and take Patrick Kane, Oilers take Sam Gagner with the 6th overall pick.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final game of the 2006-07 season - Oilers (in the 5-hole as far as the entry draft is concerned) win a meaningless game over the Flames and pass Chicago in the standings putting the Hawks into the draft lottery. Hawks win the lottery and take Patrick Kane, Oilers take Sam Gagner with the 6th overall pick.

From what I've heard & read the Flyers were going to take JVR if they had the 1st pick. So Kane would have fallen to 2nd if they had gotten the top pick.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Murray is a nice player but I don't see the offense at lower levels for him to become one of the elite D. He has some skills but he's never been an upper-echelon producer. Right now I'd take Lindholm, Rielly and Trouba over Murray for sure. Maata has stalled a bit but I think I'd go with him too.
It's actually been pretty hard watching him this year. He's getting bottom pair minutes, playing with Scuderi, and having a rough start to the year. Of course I tend to think it's those two factors that play into his performance, not the performance resulting in bottom pair minutes...but there's also simply his last year and a half playing into it. Most fans are being patient about it because of the injury stuff, but it's still concerning. Man...the Pens defense in general is rough. That doesn't stop local media from touting "fewest GA/game...best team defense", when the reality is that's allllll on MAF. Honestly it's time to put Maatta with Letang. Letang and Cole have honestly been bad. Both good players, just not good together.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's that old saying - Goaltending is 70% of hockey unless you don't have it - Then it's 100%.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually been pretty hard watching him this year. He's getting bottom pair minutes, playing with Scuderi, and having a rough start to the year. Of course I tend to think it's those two factors that play into his performance, not the performance resulting in bottom pair minutes...but there's also simply his last year and a half playing into it. Most fans are being patient about it because of the injury stuff, but it's still concerning. Man...the Pens defense in general is rough. That doesn't stop local media from touting "fewest GA/game...best team defense", when the reality is that's allllll on MAF. Honestly it's time to put Maatta with Letang. Letang and Cole have honestly been bad. Both good players, just not good together.
Phaneuf would be the third highest scorer on the Pens and the highest scoring d-man. I think another Leafs-Pens trade is in order.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phaneuf would be the third highest scorer on the Pens and the highest scoring d-man. I think another Leafs-Pens trade is in order.

I'll accept Dion's shoulder being donated to Olli's cause...you guys can have Tangers hair in return.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll accept Dion's shoulder being donated to Olli's cause...you guys can have Tangers hair in return.
On second thought, Dion might help you guys too much and the Pens might finish too high for my liking.

I think the struggling-into-the-playoffs theme from last year is the better option. That 16th overall pick will be delicious.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Marleau I doubt he gets traded. He has Anaheim and LA on his Trade list and I doubt the Sharks trade him to those teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.