• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its awfully convenient for Tootoo to just say Burrows said something about me, my heritage, my family and not actually divulge what was actually said ... the actual words ... nice big vacuum he created that dyson would be proud of ... now absolutely everyone can chime in and say what they know Burrows said because ... well ... Burrows of course :L

so now Tootoo has doubled down and continued the rhetoric that everyone can gobble up

Tootoo on Burrows: "I know the type of player he is, so I figured he wasn't going to back up what he said and be a man about it."

said he "wonders how Burrows can sleep"

cant wait for the level 5 ref to chime in

You're right on Tootoo, they're both playing the same game. But it's just the fact that it's so easy to believe Burrows said something slimy. The "be a man" stuff still makes me laugh...You've said something loathsome! You must pay with blood!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how you spin it, there is NO ONE who thinks the Jackets "lost" by getting Murray instead of Yakupov.

Even with Murray's injury trouble. Fans were upset because they thought we'd get *stuck* with Yakupov when the Oilers took Murray.
Ehh...there was a lot of "Fail for Nail" chatter amongst Columbus fans, including in the video linked in the article. May not have been universal, but it was definitely present. You can't exactly paint with a broad stroke like "NO ONE".

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there's a good chance Yakupov winds up being a better player than Murray. Hell, there's a very good chance Murray doesn't wind up being one of the top 3 defencemen to come out of that draft.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there's a good chance Yakupov winds up being a better player than Murray. Hell, there's a very good chance Murray doesn't wind up being one of the top 3 defencemen to come out of that draft.

Agreed. Murray is a nice player but I don't see the offense at lower levels for him to become one of the elite D. He has some skills but he's never been an upper-echelon producer. Right now I'd take Lindholm, Rielly and Trouba over Murray for sure. Maata has stalled a bit but I think I'd go with him too.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a terrible article but some pretty dubious stuff is in there.

Prime example: I don't remember Seth Jones being a consensus #1 at ANY TIME, but particularly at the time of the lottery.

I don't know about that. I remember the lottery show. They had him there and when the Avs were selected they pretty much asked him "So, you're going to get drafted by your home town team, how does that feel?"

He handled it well. I actually felt bad for him on draft day. Like he almost believed that's where he was going.

Ehh...there was a lot of "Fail for Nail" chatter amongst Columbus fans, including in the video linked in the article. May not have been universal, but it was definitely present. You can't exactly paint with a broad stroke like "NO ONE".

There was some at the time, and perhaps I should have tacked on a "ANYMORE" to the "NO ONE". It's pretty decisive now.

Looking at it, that was a pretty solid draft for D. Hindsight, might have turned out even better trading down. Lindholm embodies what the Jackets need on D right now. Problem is we need three of him.

Murray has played great this year though. One of the few bright spots. If he gets a good partner to cover his lack of physicality, he could be a great one.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wonder if the Avs want a do-over? MacKinnon has been very good this season, but that Avs team is not very good. Not sure if Seth Jones could do any better when Varly can't stop a beachball this season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some at the time, and perhaps I should have tacked on a "ANYMORE" to the "NO ONE". It's pretty decisive now.

Looking at it, that was a pretty solid draft for D. Hindsight, might have turned out even better trading down. Lindholm embodies what the Jackets need on D right now. Problem is we need three of him.

Murray has played great this year though. One of the few bright spots. If he gets a good partner to cover his lack of physicality, he could be a great one.
Well, of course there is now because people have watched and/or read about his performances with the Oilers and thought "bust!".

What they maybe miss is that he's spent most of his times on lines with fucking Derek Roy and Sam Gagner, and that the second he was on a line with someone with even a modicum of talent he started to produce. If he was doing what he was doing with McDavid while skating with Ryan Johansen the past two years maybe we're already talking about one of the better wingers in the league, hmm?

Murray's got as good a shot as any of becoming a good d-man, but I don't know if 1-A superstar is his end and for the 2nd overall pick it really should be.

At least we can all take solace in the fact we didn't draft Griffin Reinhart, though. Or trade a first round pick for him once it became clear he is awful.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wonder if the Avs want a do-over? MacKinnon has been very good this season, but that Avs team is not very good. Not sure if Seth Jones could do any better when Varly can't stop a beachball this season.

Nashville hates this idea :) What good fortune they have. First they get Jones to drop into their lap. And then Teddy Boy trades them Forsberg.

But they needed it. They draft like crap.
Nashville Predators Draft History at hockeydb.com

They only pick they've had since 2010 to play more than 27 NHL games is Jones.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a mess that is there.

I'm just waiting for Duchene to get traded. Really looks like he needs a fresh start.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. I remember the lottery show. They had him there and when the Avs were selected they pretty much asked him "So, you're going to get drafted by your home town team, how does that feel?"

He handled it well. I actually felt bad for him on draft day. Like he almost believed that's where he was going.

agree with you ... maybe it was the hype that he was the hometown boy but i remember lots of talk that whole draft year that Jones would go #1 ... central scouting had him as pick #1 in its midterm and final predraft rankings

consensus? who knows but lots of publications had said he was going first overall

Edmonton Sun:
For most of last season, Seth Jones was considered a good bet to go first overall in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

National Post:
All year long, Seth Jones was expected to go No. 1. All week long, he was expected to go No. 2.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

iirc i said on these boards see if you can trade Duchene for the #2 pick ... then take Jones/McKinnon :noidea:

/maybe i dreamed it lol

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article, wonder how good the Blackhawks could have been if they had never gotten Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.