• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you can blame him for these things. no one wants to play there, its obvious they want that team to stay and that the need to hit the cap floor to collect in the revenue sharing. Tallon is being told to overspend on marginal players (although Kul could be pretty good) they are just stupid signings but Im not saying Tallon is being stupid hes just being a GM in a terrible market that needs to keep players there. its a no win situation for them and a no lose for players.

russians have more leverage ... theyll walk ... doesnt mean GMs have to fold to their demands but obviously Tallon wants to keep him

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT Miller was born on the other side of the line in Ohio.

Sorry, we claim him.

Looks like Pittsburgh to me. It seems to be about proximity, not invisible lines on the ground. Otherwise Parenteau (born in Hull, a suburb of Ottawa in Quebec) would probably be the Montreal LW instead of Burrows.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you can blame him for these things. no one wants to play there, its obvious they want that team to stay and that the need to hit the cap floor to collect in the revenue sharing. Tallon is being told to overspend on marginal players (although Kul could be pretty good) they are just stupid signings but Im not saying Tallon is being stupid hes just being a GM in a terrible market that needs to keep players there. its a no win situation for them and a no lose for players.

Agreed. And if they ever wanted to reach said cap floor without paying this kind of money to a defenceman with a negative +/- last season, they'd have to go out and sign all brand new defenceman from other teams. I don't think it's fair to judge a guy like this based on his +/- when he his team had the 2nd worst record in the league and pretty much everyone on the team was double digits in the negative. Not saying it should be totally disregarded either, as he was part of that team that had the 2nd worst record, but I wouldn't put too much weight on it. Florida is on the verge of becoming an exciting upstart team. They need to do what they can to keep that young talented core together and that includes Kulikov.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucic also addressed comments made in the handshake line following the bitter loss. While the power forward remains firm in not apologize for his actions, he does admits some regret for how he handled the situation:

I’m not going to apologize for how I acted or what was said. But at the end of the day, thinking about it now, maybe I definitely could have handled the situation better than I did. But more than saying what I said to the players, I was upset with losing. I was upset with losing to them. We had such a great team that had won the Presidents’ Trophy and that being the end and losing the way that we did, I think it all just accumulated to me losing my cool in the handshake.

Caveman feel sorry for tantrum

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumbed up for link title.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And if they ever wanted to reach said cap floor without paying this kind of money to a defenceman with a negative +/- last season, they'd have to go out and sign all brand new defenceman from other teams. I don't think it's fair to judge a guy like this based on his +/- when he his team had the 2nd worst record in the league and pretty much everyone on the team was double digits in the negative. Not saying it should be totally disregarded either, as he was part of that team that had the 2nd worst record, but I wouldn't put too much weight on it. Florida is on the verge of becoming an exciting upstart team. They need to do what they can to keep that young talented core together and that includes Kulikov.

I don't use +/- as a key indicator of a player's performance because it's a very flawed metric and has been usurped by some of the newer ones.

Having said that, -26 is pretty damn bad.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BtE217nCcAEFd7m.jpg

Somehow...I'm not shocked?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]491307504064688130[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Nicholas 'Nick' Smith is up to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.