• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have all to adjust our salary expectations as the salary cap continues to rise. Guys that score 20 goals and 50 points are going to be in that 4 - 5 million dollar price range. It's definitely a bonus when you can ink a young guy (like Okoposo) and have him deliver like he did last season. I think you also have to think long term and realize that if Ennis can continue and maybe increase his goals and assists totals down the road, the payoff will be in the waning years of the contract.

Don't get me wrong, I think Ennis is a good player & he's still young. I just think 4.6M per is a bit much. In two years time Okposo could be looking at 6M if he continues his strong play.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid a friend of a friend was the head trainer for the Wexford Raiders. He got hired as the head trainer somewhere in the OHL (the Soo maybe? I was pretty young at the time so I don't really remember, I should find out) and one of the things he had on his resume was that he knew how to operate an ultrasound machine. The first month he was there the team found out differently though, when he uttered the always telling line "OK, how do you turn this thing on?" :L

Any ATC (athletic trainer or athletic therapist for you canucks) better know how to use ultrasound, hahah! We use it as treatment though, not diagnostically. And I'll cut him some slack, because those dang machines differ so much. Some times the switch is easy to find, and adjusting it is simple...and sometimes you wan't to toss the thing out the window.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any ATC (athletic trainer or athletic therapist for you canucks) better know how to use ultrasound, hahah! We use it as treatment though, not diagnostically. And I'll cut him some slack, because those dang machines differ so much. Some times the switch is easy to find, and adjusting it is simple...and sometimes you wan't to toss the thing out the window.

You're more forgiving than the team was.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...Saad, Gibson?
:L I used a website to quickly jog my aging memory of Pittsburgh players...it must have been old.

Malone - Umberger - Saad

Weber - Bartkowski

Gibson

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I used a website to quickly jog my aging memory of Pittsburgh players...it must have been old.

Malone - Umberger - Saad

Weber - Bartkowski

Gibson

Potential that there will be a few more in the pipeline. JT Miller, Vince Trocheck, Patrick Wey. Honestly I'd say JT Miller-Umberger-Saad up front. And Trocheck takes over for Umberger in a year most likely. Actually not a bad group of 6!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potential that there will be a few more in the pipeline. JT Miller, Vince Trocheck, Patrick Wey. Honestly I'd say JT Miller-Umberger-Saad up front. And Trocheck takes over for Umberger in a year most likely. Actually not a bad group of 6!

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I'll honestly be surprised if any of them ever even makes an All-Star game. Maybe Gibson has the best chance since he seems fairly decent and, you know, goalies...

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can do this for Columbus:

?? - Sean Kuraly - ??
Connor Murphy - ??
Me (although technically I wasn't born here)

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JT Miller was born on the other side of the line in Ohio.

Sorry, we claim him.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but I'll honestly be surprised if any of them ever even makes an All-Star game. Maybe Gibson has the best chance since he seems fairly decent and, you know, goalies...

Not saying it's an all-star squad, but it's a decent line-up. I mean, considering the market it's impressive.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$4.33 mil/yr for a guy coming off 19 pts and -26? Keep it up, Tallon.

I dont think you can blame him for these things. no one wants to play there, its obvious they want that team to stay and that the need to hit the cap floor to collect in the revenue sharing. Tallon is being told to overspend on marginal players (although Kul could be pretty good) they are just stupid signings but Im not saying Tallon is being stupid hes just being a GM in a terrible market that needs to keep players there. its a no win situation for them and a no lose for players.

Status
Not open for further replies.