• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantomphan

Beta Tester
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future NHL cities, ranked for viability:

1. Quebec City
2. Milwaukee
3. Seattle
4. Golden Horseshoe
5. Kansas City
6. Portland
7. Houston
8. Hartford
9. Las Vegas

It's depressing to think of the continued dilution of talent that expansion would bring with it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Nugent Hopkins? Really? I mean, I like Nuge and all, but there is that other Ryan from Vancouver who can play center...

Curious to see how dash feels about that Edmonton team :D

yeah I would take RJ over him but still that lineup is wow

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Vancouver due to goaltending.

Isn't Duncan Keith from Penticton, BC? I know jstew would rather have Keith manning the point than Seabrook.

Edit: Keith was born in Winnipeg, Manitoba (thanks hockeydb.com) - He did play in the BCHL for the Penticton Panthers. Okay, how about Dan Hamhuis then (from Smithers, BC)

/But yeah, that Vancouver team looks very good defensively.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Edmonton team looks damn good, much better than the current version of the Oilers :D

Something tells me either you misread the D pairing or time truly does heal all wounds. :suds:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens would be:

Malone - Umberger - Parros

Mike Weber - Bartkowski

Empty Net (we're used to that)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me either you misread the D pairing or time truly does heal all wounds. :suds:

lol - You mean that D pairing of Celine and JayBo? Hey, they have their warts no doubt, but they are still miles better than anybody the Oilers currently have.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Tyler Ennis, that's a nice deal for a good player.

4.6M average salary for a guy who scored 21 goals last year. I just don't get the Sabres philosophy on contracts. They just bought out Leino & Ehrhoff. They then give Moulson a 5 year 25M deal. Ennis is a solid player, but to me that's to much money. Heck Okposo has a 2.8M cap hit.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pay heem. Pay dat man hees money.

I think what gets missed if you don't watch him game in and game out is that hardly any of his goals are him standing near the crease to jam one home. He snipes the hell out of the puck, and he often does it with two guys all over him. He also makes his own space. I can't wait to watch a full season of Horton backing defenders off as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to burst your bubble...but ultrasound is pretty common for diagnostic reasons.

When I was a kid a friend of a friend was the head trainer for the Wexford Raiders. He got hired as the head trainer somewhere in the OHL (the Soo maybe? I was pretty young at the time so I don't really remember, I should find out) and one of the things he had on his resume was that he knew how to operate an ultrasound machine. The first month he was there the team found out differently though, when he uttered the always telling line "OK, how do you turn this thing on?" :L

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.6M average salary for a guy who scored 21 goals last year. I just don't get the Sabres philosophy on contracts. They just bought out Leino & Ehrhoff. They then give Moulson a 5 year 25M deal. Ennis is a solid player, but to me that's to much money. Heck Okposo has a 2.8M cap hit.

I think we have all to adjust our salary expectations as the salary cap continues to rise. Guys that score 20 goals and 50 points are going to be in that 4 - 5 million dollar price range. It's definitely a bonus when you can ink a young guy (like Okoposo) and have him deliver like he did last season. I think you also have to think long term and realize that if Ennis can continue and maybe increase his goals and assists totals down the road, the payoff will be in the waning years of the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.