• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not Jared Boll then?

Jackets have buyout money now with the final payment having been made on Mike Commodore.

Patrick Sharp looks like a possibility with the Hawks upcoming cap issues...

David Clarkson has played on a top line once.

And Hawks need to win now. It's gonna be like vultures on roadkill come summer. Everyone is drooling over their roster.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hawks need to win now. It's gonna be like vultures on roadkill come summer. Everyone is drooling over their roster.

It's amazing how bad it really is. They have just under $5 mil in cap space with 8 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 2 goalies currently under contract. 5 mil to sign 4 forwards and 3 defensemen.

Troy Brouwer, Connor Carrick (Defensive prospect ready to make the jump), and a pick for Sharp. Would save Chi about $2 mil and give them an extra player as well. Plus they already know what Brouwer brings to the table. Don't think it'll happen though

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something akin to the package the Rangers gave up for St. Louis. If it isn't in that stratosphere the Leafs might as well keep him.

Something like Brouwer, a 1st, and a 2nd? That's a weaker deal, but its probably the best player we would be willing to give up. Don't see it materializing into a deal.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like Brouwer, a 1st, and a 2nd? That's a weaker deal, but its probably the best player we would be willing to give up. Don't see it materializing into a deal.

Absolutely no way I would take that if it were my decision. Not even close to enough.

Would you be interested in JVR instead (not for that package but just in general)?

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely no way I would take that if it were my decision. Not even close to enough.

Would you be interested in JVR instead (not for that package but just in general)?

I'd be interested in JVR, but how much time has he played at RW as a left-handed shot? Caps may be interested in trading away RFA Marcus Johansson as well.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested in JVR, but how much time has he played at RW as a left-handed shot? Caps may be interested in trading away RFA Marcus Johansson as well.

And I suppose you think a right handed shot can play left wing? :D

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing how bad it really is. They have just under $5 mil in cap space with 8 forwards, 3 defensemen, and 2 goalies currently under contract. 5 mil to sign 4 forwards and 3 defensemen.

Last time I saw this movie, the Leafs signed Dave Bolland. :L

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at leading RW scorers from last season, it would appear only a guy like Kessel would be available. Maybe Nyquist if Detroit looks to get some assets to move for a defenceman/sign Mike Green and avoid having to pay him an RFA raise? Detroit's got 6 RFA's and $14 million under the cap. They also need to make some progress this year. Tough spot for Holland to be in, so maybe the Caps could figure a way to get them to move Nyquist.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Kessel would fit in Washington.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at leading RW scorers from last season, it would appear only a guy like Kessel would be available. Maybe Nyquist if Detroit looks to get some assets to move for a defenceman/sign Mike Green and avoid having to pay him an RFA raise? Detroit's got 6 RFA's and $14 million under the cap. They also need to make some progress this year. Tough spot for Holland to be in, so maybe the Caps could figure a way to get them to move Nyquist.

Maybe a fringe top line guy but Patrick Sharp will likely be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.