• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe the Penguins aren't making money, not when they have Crosby in the fold.

I could see them simply not making as much money. People will point to the postseason failures, but when you look at other teams on that list, since their Cup win they've still had quite a few playoff series and games to be played for extra revenue. But Pittsburgh isn't a huge market. You really don't buy a team in a mid-size market to make tons of money. You can only go to the well so many times with the same fans.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
so, Prust vs Watson

CEH_ZnJWoAAyDPa.png

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be something if the Habs, Wild, and Flames all got swept

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be something if the Habs, Wild, and Flames all got swept

The one series that surprises me is MTL-TB. The other two, well they had home ice, ANA and CHI are good teams, they should win those 2. Far from over. But the Habs losing 2 at home? They are in real trouble now that TB has finally unleashed their PP. Like most of the pretenders, MTL needs more scoring from someone not named after a cat (Patches, oh come on, that is a cat name).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one series that surprises me is MTL-TB. The other two, well they had home ice, ANA and CHI are good teams, they should win those 2. Far from over. But the Habs losing 2 at home? They are in real trouble now that TB has finally unleashed their PP. Like most of the pretenders, MTL needs more scoring from someone not named after a cat (Patches, oh come on, that is a cat name).
Isn't Patches more of a dog name? Or a drunk Irishman?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB has really hit their stride. Like you said non of the series are over yet but how do the Canadians recover from losing 2 at home! They need to take game 3 for sure.

My mouth is watering thinking about the Ducks and Hawks matchup. Should be a great series.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don't look good for Montreal, got to think they drastically change their offense for next yr. I'm them I offer Pittsburgh Plekanec, a 2015 1st, Jared Tinordi and Jacob De La Rose for Evgeni Malkin

Mandoli

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, Prust vs Watson

CEH_ZnJWoAAyDPa.png

Yikes. Microphones are going to shine some light on what exactly was said. That moment was shown on-camera (Sportsnet?) with a lot of finger-pointing and a really dramatic misconduct motion from Watson.

Let's just say that Prust's comments are true. Someone already said that Watson's unlikely to work another game in this series. (NOTE: I don't believe a pairing can work more than one game in the series UNLESS a game seven occurs.) What happens if he's yanked for the rest of the round? Can't see the league screwing with everyone's assignments on the fly... But that's another question to answer for another day.

(Watson's the standby for Rangers/Caps tonight, so just a fair warning in case a ref/linesman gets hurt...)

EDIT: The "games per series" concept, I assume, only applies for the first two rounds of the playoffs.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Todd McClellan is in in Buffalo.

My opinion? McClellan is in no hurry. No doubt he is on most every teams short list of candidates. Maybe he'll want to stay closer to his family who is remaining in San Jose to finish school. Or, IF Babcrock exits Detroit, I expect McClellan to be offered the head coach position.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Todd McClellan is in in Buffalo.

My opinion? McClellan is in no hurry. No doubt he is on most every teams short list of candidates. Maybe he'll want to stay closer to his family who is remaining in San Jose to finish school. Or, IF Babcrock exits Detroit, I expect McClellan to be offered the head coach position.

I heard a rumour he's coaching canada at the worlds ... not sure though

/oh ... you mean he is in in Buffalo lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Chia has also talked to McLellan about the Oilers job - Funny, I thought the Oilers already had a coach in place. Edmonton mgmt puts the ass in 'class'.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its ALLLL good

Nelson will just end up being the number 2 guy

/Edmonton has alot of "number 2" guys

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dash ... if OKC beats Utica in the ahl playoffs Im ok with Canucks thread title becoming comedy gold and Coiler going to comedy silver

/#2 town :noidea:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Dan Bylsma will go to the Devils to coach especially with Shero being New Jersey's new GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.