• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he can be a petty dipshit when he wants to be ... like responding to people who questioned him on this tweet with "well ... Sharks didnt win that night right?"

as if his statement and the canucks predicted demise to the sharks in the playoff race down the stretch hinged entirely on the sharks winning that night :L

dipshit meter is VERY high on this one
Also note the "first round fodder" response and the "Flames would be the only team they could beat" note. That's Steve Simmons territory right there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flames make the playoffs and lose in the 1st round, I'll be looking forward to all the advanced stat geeks chirping about how unsustainable the Flames success was (basically we told you so). Like a best-of-7 game series will override a 82 game season (actually we need to include the 2nd half of last season as well (post Torts losing his mind at Rogers Arena).

/Sample size is important.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flames make the playoffs and lose in the 1st round, I'll be looking forward to all the advanced stat geeks chirping about how unsustainable the Flames success was (basically we told you so). Like a best-of-7 game series will override a 82 game season (actually we need to include the 2nd half of last season as well (post Torts losing his mind at Rogers Arena).

/Sample size is important.
Sustainability is nice, but so is getting the job done now regardless of how you're getting it done. I don't think any Flames fan doesn't know there isn't still significant long-term work needed on this team, but that doesn't mean you can't have some fun while you're getting there.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sustainability is nice, but so is getting the job done now regardless of how you're getting it done. I don't think any Flames fan doesn't know there isn't still significant long-term work needed on this team, but that doesn't mean you can't have some fun while you're getting there.

Exactly - It's pretty obvious that teams that have good possession stats by-and-large will have success over the long term and the Flames need to greatly improve in this area. It sure doesn't hurt having defensemen unafraid to join the rush and contributing greatly to the Flames offense either.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit it, I'm nervous. Friday at the Penguins & Saturday at home against the Blue Jackets. It won't be easy. Especially if Halak plays like he did last night. Pittsburgh is a lock to win their final game against Buffalo. I'll be cheering for the Rangers tomorrow. I don't have a choice.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Win a game against the defending Cup champions, get sent down the next day.

Edmonton Oilers @EdmontonOilers
The #Oilers have loaned Richard Bachman to the @okcbarons and recalled Laurent Brossoit and Curtis Hamilton on an emergency basis.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - Win a game against the defending Cup champions, get sent down the next day.

The #Oilers have loaned Richard Bachman to the @okcbarons and recalled Laurent Brossoit and Curtis Hamilton on an emergency basis.

Hmm... Maybe he played to well. Fewer chances to win the lottery from the 3rd spot. Besides it's not like Edmonton's scouts or front office seem to know what a #1 goalie is. After all they got rid of Dubnyk.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooof ... Derek Dorsett extended by canucks 4 additional years @ 2.65 shmill aav

career year but wha?

/fuckin medicine hat tigers :L

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said they should have gone with the swedish tandem the day they signed miller last summer

sure ... the free agency crop this coming summer is shite but they had better things to spend their money on last summer

/Ill just hope somehow Darcy regier gets hired as new GM by San Jose in the offseason and he pulls a Jim benning and thinks their aging core needs Miller to "solidify the goaltending position"

I respect your opinion on that, but I think Ryan Miller was one of the reasons the Canucks had a shot at getting in - he gave them stability early on and gave them footing so that they could have a chance - sure Eddie Lack did a lot of the work late but don't discount what Ryan Miller did early on - he gave the team confidence

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sbisa also signed ... unlike Bart Scott i CAN wait for this aav announcement

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Fiddler is a former Medicine Hat Tiger jstew, maybe he'll be on the Canucks roster next season...

:bolt:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vernon Fiddler is a former Medicine Hat Tiger jstew, maybe he'll be on the Canucks roster next season...

:bolt:

i might be ok with that if maybe Fiddler can accidentally on purpose step on Kasual Kevin Bieksas calf next season in preseason ...

/if Kasual kev is still around ... PLEASE OPRAH!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so a Brandon Prust comparable for Dorsett ???

2 wrongs dont make a right!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

his brother died last week too ... unless this "loan" is actually an extended leave Im saying the Coilers are just being ignorant goofs again

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so a Brandon Prust comparable for Dorsett ???

2 wrongs dont make a right!

The money is okay, it's the term that's a little long (3 years would have been better). Maybe the Canucks gave him an extra year to keep the money lower :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone waited too soon to take Sir Benningtons pen away

Status
Not open for further replies.