• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply stating that there are teams in the league who look to have a promising future and the Pens' doesn't look so promising right now. Fuck, they could turn a 6th round pick into the next Zetterberg this summer and be scary as shit. Just saying right now, not so much.

I re-quoted this because you added a bit more and I wanted to respond...

Your point about turning a 6th round pick into a Zetterberg was just my point about how things can change so quickly in the NHL. I cited Kapanen earlier as someone who could be a pivotal part of the Penguins going forward. Oskar Sundqvist could be a part of that, as well. Both of them just finished their seasons in Europe and have joined the Penguins AHL affiliate for the stretch run, and post-season. Scouts both in the organization and outside have talked about how polished and poised Kapanen seems to be, and have made comparisons to how Maatta looked prior to his rookie season, last year. He didn't put up monster numbers in the Finnish league this season, other than scoring more than he did last year, but that league is also not known for being a offensive powerhouse. He also was skating in a league where the average age of his competition is a bit older than he is. Needless to say, I'm intrigued by this kid

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Andrew Shaw should have been suspended, so should have Reeves for his hit on Timonen...and pretty much every hit Jack-off made.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Jose Sharks are officially eliminated from the playoffs... That just seems weird.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Jose Sharks are officially eliminated from the playoffs... That just seems weird.

Also: I think this is the first time since the beginning of the Sharks tenure in the league(might have happened once early on though) that the Sharks AND Flyers have both missed the playoffs in the same season

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the Pittsburgh Ottawa game tonight, sporting the black and gold. Expect a playoff atmosphere. I actually want Ottawa to make it, just not over Pittsburgh, so I'm hoping for a Pens OT win. Hopefully then Ottawa still has a chance to pass Detroit or Boston.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the Pittsburgh Ottawa game tonight, sporting the black and gold. Expect a playoff atmosphere. I actually want Ottawa to make it, just not over Pittsburgh, so I'm hoping for a Pens OT win. Hopefully then Ottawa still has a chance to pass Detroit or Boston.

Enjoy!

I would love to see Ottawa sneak in and give the Rangers hell in the first round. Although a Rangers/Boston first round series sounds awesome too.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah first time since 02-03 that they won't be in the postseason. Not a bad run.

As a Devils fan I can tell you, the first year is weird but at the same time somewhat refreshing. You can simply sit back and watch playoff hockey and enjoy it all, rather than flirting with a heart attack every night and trying to figure out which playoff matchups you want etc. You can just watch top tier hockey and enjoy it.

After that first year, not so much fun.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is officially fucked, too

I really like Jamie Benn as a player, but somebody needs to get him away from Lindy Ruff, his embellishment on the ice is an embarrassment.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Jamie Benn as a player, but somebody needs to get him away from Lindy Ruff, his embellishment on the ice is an embarrassment.

It's a joke

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol that was good from Botch

"i honestly think the LA Kings will finish 9th and people will still be betting on them to win the cup"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word yet on Max Pacioretty but sources say he watched "Into The Woods" on demand last night, with the lights dimmed and the sound loud so according to medical sources* he does not have a concussion.

*Dr. Mark Louis Recchi

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, going to be weird for San Jose to not be in playoffs this year. Methinks big changes are coming to that team this year.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skimmed the pittsburgh related posts above so not sure if mentioned but that stat sportsnet had last night about the goal differential for the Pens with Crosby on the ice versus off the ice and Malkin on the ice versus off the ice were both telling ... they dont have alot of help around them

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skimmed the pittsburgh related posts above so not sure if mentioned but that stat sportsnet had last night about the goal differential for the Pens with Crosby on the ice versus off the ice and Malkin on the ice versus off the ice were both telling ... they dont have alot of help around them

I think the real Blake Comeau has reared his ugly head, jstew...

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real Blake Comeau has reared his ugly head, jstew...

Can we finally concede that the Sedins made Error-hoff a MASSIVE SHITLOAD of money?

/If Willie D had put Yannick Weber on pp unit 1 alot earlier in the season ... he would be cashing in this offseason too :nod:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we finally concede that the Sedins made Error-hoff a MASSIVE SHITLOAD of money?

/If Willie D had put Yannick Weber on pp unit 1 alot earlier in the season ... he would be cashing in this offseason too :nod:

He was good in Buffalo too though.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Christian Ehrhoff has been pretty good in Pittsburgh - they're missing him right now and they could sure use him with all the issues they have on the blueline with him and Letang being out

Status
Not open for further replies.