• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Oilers fans seriously believe Dubnyk was the chief problem?

That's like Leaf fans who thought Randy was the chief problem, except worse.

Got into it with a couple of Oil fans a couple of weeks ago, they couldn't believe Dubnyk was doing so well with the Wild because (according to them) he was so terrible in Edmonton. I countered with tell me who wouldn't get lit up with that horrible defense.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love to see Dubnyk win the Vezina (not happening with Price) just to see Oilers fans stare blankly..

dafuq?

I can tell you from experience, your goalie winning a Vezina when the team that let him go whines... It's delicious.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last couple of years all I've heard about Griffin Reinhart is excuses about why he's not playing well. You'd think at some point people would like to just be able to say that he's playing well.

I don't have high hopes for Reinhart. I think he's just too slow. The 8 games he played in the NHL, he looked completely lost. He was buried on the 3rd pairing playing against the 3rd and 4th lines too. Now Pulock, that's another story....

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got into it with a couple of Oil fans a couple of weeks ago, they couldn't believe Dubnyk was doing so well with the Wild because (according to them) he was so terrible in Edmonton. I countered with tell me who wouldn't get lit up with that horrible defense.
I'm sorry, but the more I hear about dumb Oilers fans it makes me feel so much better about dumb Leaf fans.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never thought id say this, this season

"watch out for the bruins"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never thought id say this, this season

"watch out for the bruins"
Shit I been saying it. I'm saying right now if the Habs hold onto top spot we're getting an epic 7 game series in the first round (unless Boston keeps climbing, which is very possible). Rask's got a .943 sv% his past 7 starts, Bergeron is playing at a point-per-game pace the past month, even Loui Eriksson's doing his part. Dougie Hamilton is really starting to look like a top defenceman, too. It's when everybody does their part that Boston starts to look really frightening, and that seems to be happening right now.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit I been saying it. I'm saying right now if the Habs hold onto top spot we're getting an epic 7 game series in the first round (unless Boston keeps climbing, which is very possible). Rask's got a .943 sv% his past 7 starts, Bergeron is playing at a point-per-game pace the past month, even Loui Eriksson's doing his part. Dougie Hamilton is really starting to look like a top defenceman, too. It's when everybody does their part that Boston starts to look really frightening, and that seems to be happening right now.
they were snake bitten all year...then they trade for connolly in TB, kid breaks a finger in his 2nd practice. its just been a weird year. get krecji back, conolly may be back to make his bruins debut before the season ends...

rask is en fuego as you pointed out. ive also noticed chara picked his game up a bit...and marchand, dudes hot.

dougie fresh...so glad chirelli didnt get trade happy with him.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They score so little I don't feel confident about any match up for the Habs but I really don't want to play the Bruins. Besides how well the Bruins are playing, it would just make sense in this rivalry that the team that got swept by the other in the regular season would oust them in the playoffs.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They score so little I don't feel confident about any match up for the Habs but I really don't want to play the Bruins. Besides how well the Bruins are playing, it would just make sense in this rivalry that the team that got swept by the other in the regular season would oust them in the playoffs.
Yep. Playoffs is a whole different beast, particularly when two massive rivals are going at it.

I like Montreal's chances v Washington much more. I think there's a formula for shutting down Ovechkin that can be followed, and if you do that there isn't much else the Caps can do to generate offence.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the NHL standings this morning and there are six teams tied for the lead league in points with 91 (three in the Least, three in the Best). Gary loves parity.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglas Murray is back.

Roger Millions @RogMillions
Murray an insurance policy. He would not be eligible for playoffs. #Flames

Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg
Murray on the ice right now wearing 27. #Flames

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
Defenceman Doug Murray joins #Flames on try-out. He can play in the regular season but not in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want NO part of the habs. NONE. too fast, too cute. carey price has to win the vezina this year, hes been amazing.

until "ludwig fell down" that year, montreal was the hockey version of the yankees to me. always had our number..

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the way they forced southern expansion in places hockey doesnt belong (florida, AZ, the atlanta re-experiment, etc) im amazed they havent tried going into africa yet.

"the congo is a hockey hot bed"

Terrible ice conditions, though.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL Congo, come for the exciting on ice action! Stay for the Ebloa!

Status
Not open for further replies.