• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one year 1.45 mil extension the Rangers gave Talbot for next year is lookin really good right now. I wonder how many offers they'll get for him during the off season. There's no way he'll resign with the Rags as a back up after the way he's performed so they'd better cash in during the offseason and try and recoup some of the picks they spend on Clowe 2 years ago (2 number 2's), St Louis last year (2 Number 1's) and the trade deadline deals this year

If some team wastes their higher picks for a guy like that, they will really regret it - not saying he's horrible by any means, but the Rangers have a great defense in front of him and the likelihood of him going to a team with a defense as good isn't highly likely

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're welcome for him, haha. I know a lot of NHL coaches/GMs/etc are scared to call up young D talent, but the team is successful, and although the Isles aren't on the good side as far as team defense (just looking at basic stats like GA), I don't think it'll hurt the team or the kid to give them a bit of a look. The Isles WILL make the playoffs, and in the new system it really doesn't make much of a difference if you finish first or third in the division. Give the kids a look. Pens are doing it with Pouliot and holy crap it's paying off. Just need to give them some ice time and let them work through early mistakes.

Reinhart has played 8 games this season. He bulked up to much in the offseason. He apparently knows this because it's been discussed. I won't be surprised at all if Pulock & Reinhart are on the Isles opening night roster next season. Pulock could have chosen to play another year in the WHL. Fortunately he was old enough to play in the AHL this season. He made the all star team, but couldn't play because he was hurt.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If some team wastes their higher picks for a guy like that, they will really regret it - not saying he's horrible by any means, but the Rangers have a great defense in front of him and the likelihood of him going to a team with a defense as good isn't highly likely

Have you watched the games? The guy has been great. And he's 27 so I'm not expecting a bonanza by any means but they can certainly recoup some picks with so many teams needing a goalie

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like him a lot, but that's a big contract

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Sabres as well - Wild might be another team (I mean Dubnyk has to come crashing down to Earth as some point, right?) Right?!?

flames fans shouldnt be uttering these words :whistle:

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like him a lot, but that's a big contract

I like him too, but you gotta imagine he would have gotten that same contract in the open market (maybe more). He's been fantastic for the Isles this year. They couldn't let him go.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That contract will probably be awful soon, but...they didn't sign him for years 4-7, they signed him for years 1-3. As long as it doesn't prevent them from re-signing young talent they'll be fine.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That contract will probably be awful soon, but...they didn't sign him for years 4-7, they signed him for years 1-3. As long as it doesn't prevent them from re-signing young talent they'll be fine.
They must believe they can get 5 good years out of him. He's been great for them so it's unsurprising.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They must believe they can get 5 good years out of him. He's been great for them so it's unsurprising.

Yeah, can't blame them for the deal. But giving 7 year deals to guys over 30 is always risky. His game is the type that doesn't corrode as quickly, but still the guy is past his peak (most likely that is).

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Sabres as well - Wild might be another team (I mean Dubnyk has to come crashing down to Earth as some point, right?) Right?!?

.913 career SV%, why are we so sure he can't play? I mean, I don't expect him to stay up at .928, but I think he can play.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.913 career SV%, why are we so sure he can't play? I mean, I don't expect him to stay up at .928, but I think he can play.

I think Sean Burke got his head straight when Dubnyk was in Phoenix and was Mitch Korn still the goaltending coach when Dubnyk was in Nashville? At any rate, they certainly fixed his game from the debacle in Edmonton.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sean Burke got his head straight when Dubnyk was in Phoenix and was Mitch Korn still the goaltending coach when Dubnyk was in Nashville? At any rate, they certainly fixed his game from the debacle in Edmonton.

He wasnt in Nashville long ... He's attributed his turnaround to Burke

theScore

Last edited:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but the debacle was really only one bad season though. .921, .914 and .916 SV% in the three seasons prior to last year's problems. It's great if they got him sorted out of course, but I'm honestly not that surprised.

Different era of course, but his career SV% is actually better than Marty Brodeur's

:behindsofa:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I understand you correctly, when Oilers fans say that Dubnyk was the chief problem in Edmonton, they're full of crap?!?

/Of course, I never hesitate to remind them :D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Oilers fans seriously believe Dubnyk was the chief problem?

That's like Leaf fans who thought Randy was the chief problem, except worse.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinhart has played 8 games this season. He bulked up to much in the offseason. He apparently knows this because it's been discussed. I won't be surprised at all if Pulock & Reinhart are on the Isles opening night roster next season. Pulock could have chosen to play another year in the WHL. Fortunately he was old enough to play in the AHL this season. He made the all star team, but couldn't play because he was hurt.

For the last couple of years all I've heard about Griffin Reinhart is excuses about why he's not playing well. You'd think at some point people would like to just be able to say that he's playing well.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love to see Dubnyk win the Vezina (not happening with Price) just to see Oilers fans stare blankly..

dafuq?

Status
Not open for further replies.