• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had defense last year too, it was just tough to see it with the worst goaltending in the league.

It wasn't bad, but they added Boychuck and Leddy. If you want to compare their year last year to this year, the difference is those two and the goalie. I don't want to undersell Tavares' good year, but it was the same last year. Suppose my overall point is the reason they've had a big turn around lies more with D/G than JTs year. Maybe he is the most valuable to his team, but I still argue Price is leading the charge here.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the season JT has put together, but I think, fairly or unfairly, voters are going to see a season without any 100 point scorers (and maybe not even 90!) and go with Price. It's that kind of year.

If we start seeing 100pt campaigns again next year, then it will have been justified, but if 90 is the new norm for Art Ross winners, then maybe JT will have felt slighted. But it's not like Price is undeserving.

If JT wins the Art Ross with 90+ and the Isles finish strong, he'd get my vote. OV would get serious consideration if he won the Art Ross and scored 50+. I think if anyone else wins the AR, the Hart goes to Price for sure.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Roberts is going to run the new sports performance center up in Cranberry. It's the new practice facility for the Pens starting next year. I know he has a huge following of NHL guys and soon to be NHL guys, so I imagine that place will be hopping in the offseason.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils have been celebrating the 20th anniversary of their first cup this year, during the intermission they just did a little piece on Claude Lemieux. Say what you want about the guy but he was a complete fucking beast in the playoffs, the guy just knew how to win.

Some guys have an ability to step it up in the playoffs. Claude was one of them. Esa Tikkanin was another.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys have an ability to step it up in the playoffs. Claude was one of them. Esa Tikkanin was another.

David Clarkson was another.

What?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemieux was an awesome playoff player. Ultimate pest.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't bad, but they added Boychuck and Leddy. If you want to compare their year last year to this year, the difference is those two and the goalie. I don't want to undersell Tavares' good year, but it was the same last year. Suppose my overall point is the reason they've had a big turn around lies more with D/G than JTs year. Maybe he is the most valuable to his team, but I still argue Price is leading the charge here.

I expect Price to win the MVP. He's had an outstanding season. His numbers speak for themselves. Last night was disappointing against the Rangers. I imagine Strome was a bit upset about the Rangers 2nd goal. I agree about the goalie & the defense being better this year. Leddy is going to be out for a couple of weeks. It's to bad they probably won't call up Pulock or Reinhart. I'm not a fan of Brian Strait.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Price to win the MVP. He's had an outstanding season. His numbers speak for themselves. Last night was disappointing against the Rangers. I imagine Strome was a bit upset about the Rangers 2nd goal. I agree about the goalie & the defense being better this year. Leddy is going to be out for a couple of weeks. It's to bad they probably won't call up Pulock or Reinhart. I'm not a fan of Brian Strait.

No one is a fan of that guy. He's slower than any other player on the ice and just looks generally shaky out there. That being said, he's played a bunch of games this year so I guess his familiarity has to count for something....

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every year around this time, there’s a college free agent who stands out from the rest, who draws all kinds of interest and signs with an NHL team after his season ends. O’Connor is that guy this year. He’s the starting goalie on a Boston University team with championship aspirations -- and it won’t just be BU fans watching every save closely.

According to an NHL source, there are 14 teams that can be characterized with strong interest in signing him. Five of those teams have already offered to play him in the NHL this season in order to burn a year on what would be a two-year entry-level deal.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just play Matt Donovan. If you don't want to, I'll take him.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus Blue Jackets get Ryan Murray back from injured list | FOX Sports

Ryan Murray is back from IR.

This is a picture of a cat, dressed as a shark, riding a roomba next to a duck that I am using as a placeholder for the inevitable story about his return to IR.
Cat_in_a_shark_costume_30042013.Still006.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, you're welcome for him, haha. I know a lot of NHL coaches/GMs/etc are scared to call up young D talent, but the team is successful, and although the Isles aren't on the good side as far as team defense (just looking at basic stats like GA), I don't think it'll hurt the team or the kid to give them a bit of a look. The Isles WILL make the playoffs, and in the new system it really doesn't make much of a difference if you finish first or third in the division. Give the kids a look. Pens are doing it with Pouliot and holy crap it's paying off. Just need to give them some ice time and let them work through early mistakes.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evil cat is doing the "wolf in sheep's clothing" wrong.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder who those 14 teams are after that goalie, got to think Edmonton is 1 of them.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder who those 14 teams are after that goalie, got to think Edmonton is 1 of them.

I'm sure they are, but looking at that putrid defense, do you really want to start your career getting pounded each and every night?!? Kid's confidence would be tore to shreds after one month.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted an article a week or 2 back where the kid says the canucks are one of the teams pursuing him. He went to their rookie dev camp last summer

I seriously doubt they are 1 of the 5 teams who want him to play games for them down the stretch this season

Sabres maybe?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted an article a week or 2 back where the kid says the canucks are one of the teams pursuing him. He went to their rookie dev camp last summer

I seriously doubt they are 1 of the 5 teams who want him to play games for them down the stretch this season

Sabres maybe?
Wouldn't surprise me. They've got a couple of OK goalie prospects in the pipeline, but no heir apparent just yet, so I'm sure they'll be looking and willing to consider all options.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking Sabres as well - Wild might be another team (I mean Dubnyk has to come crashing down to Earth as some point, right?) Right?!?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That one year 1.45 mil extension the Rangers gave Talbot for next year is lookin really good right now. I wonder how many offers they'll get for him during the off season. There's no way he'll resign with the Rags as a back up after the way he's performed so they'd better cash in during the offseason and try and recoup some of the picks they spend on Clowe 2 years ago (2 number 2's), St Louis last year (2 Number 1's) and the trade deadline deals this year

Status
Not open for further replies.