• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for Mark Mosely?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo getting Kane is the ultimate tank for this year move. Sort of brilliant. Move players on the current roster for a guy who won't even play this year. Make current team worse, move you closer to #1 overall, get talented player who will be ready the next year and needs a change of scenery. Definitely think Nolan would be good for Kane too.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird position for the Jets ... are they just getting Dreger to push this out there so they make 2 other teams (Cgy & Vcr) with players they want step up and add more to their packages

but then they want to make the playoffs and the 2 teams mentioned are battling them for a western conf. playoff position so while they would take Virtanen/Bennett they want someone who can help them make the playoffs now and neither team really has that to offer ... so is Chris Stewart gonna help get the Jets into the playoffs???

then again Kane wont be back this season to help the team he is traded to make the playoffs :think:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird position for the Jets ... are they just getting Dreger to push this out there so they make 2 other teams (Cgy & Vcr) with players they want step up and add more to their packages

but then they want to make the playoffs and the 2 teams mentioned are battling them for a western conf. playoff position so while they would take Virtanen/Bennett they want someone who can help them make the playoffs now and neither team really has that to offer ... so is Chris Stewart gonna help get the Jets into the playoffs???

then again Kane wont be back this season to help the team he is traded to make the playoffs :think:

Dreger (I think? It was a big fish) mentioned Arizona too. A team that was interested, was considering waiting until the draft, but may have their hand forced with these rumors.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it could be torches and pitchforks time if Bennett is included in a package for Evander Kane.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Buffalo really be willing to part with what the Jets need, though?

Myers? Zadorov? Ristoleinen? I mean if Buffalo is willing to part with one of those guys, I want the Jackets in on those talks.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
randy turner ‏@randyturner15 3m3 minutes ago

Wouldn't it be cosmically ironic if Evander Kane gets traded to a city that starts with "Buff"?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Buffalo really be willing to part with what the Jets need, though?

Myers? Zadorov? Ristoleinen? I mean if Buffalo is willing to part with one of those guys, I want the Jackets in on those talks.

What do the Jackets have that matches Kane's talent/potential?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Jets were smart, they would take Tyler Myers for Evander Kane in a heartbeat and either keep all the defensemen they have right now and not mess with the chemistry, or move another d-man to get a scoring forward

I know the Jets are deep on defense but it would be a good problem to have if they got Tyler Myers - I think you trade for the guy with the most potential

Chris Stewart is not helping Winnipeg long term and he's not anywhere near the player Evander Kane is, while Joel Armia might be a solid prospect, I don't really look at him as a game changer, and the 1st round pick might be nice but I think the Jets could have something special with Tyler Myers if they have him with Big Buff, Jacob Trouba and Tobias Enstrom - that would be a real dynamic top four and you still have Zach Bogosian and Mark Stuart in the fold too

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was why I thought an in-season trade was highly unlikely. It only makes sense for a team or two to trade for, and those teams don't have what Peg needs to make the offs.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Broons are interested in Cam Atkinson, 43.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Jets are after dmen are they? They need a like forward (good luck finding that) who will allow them to put big Buff back on d

They acquire a dman and Buff is gonna start throwing everyones clothes in the shower

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was why I thought an in-season trade was highly unlikely. It only makes sense for a team or two to trade for, and those teams don't have what Peg needs to make the offs.

This is true, and this is why I think it makes more sense to do something in the offseason, however, I wouldn't give away Evander Kane for nothing - that's why if Buffalo is willing to give up Tyler Myers for him, then the Jets need to do it and collect a great asset and then figure out to do with all the d-men they have later on

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Jets are after dmen are they? They need a like forward (good luck finding that) who will allow them to put big Buff back on d

They acquire a dman and Buff is gonna start throwing everyones clothes in the shower

It doesn't have to work that way

A creative team would trade Evander Kane for Tyler Myers and either keep all the d-men(and keep Buff on defense) and not mess with chemistry, or move another one of the d-men to get a scoring forward

But the Jets have never been known as a creative team as far as trades go - they are very conservative

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 41s41 seconds ago

Huge deal. Hearing Myers Stafford Armia and Lemieux plus a first for Kane and Bogosian as principles of deal getting close btwn Buf + Wpg.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy shit

This is exactly what I mean, you have to take Tyler Myers, he's the best asset you can acquire from Buffalo, and if you want a scoring winger, then you can flip another one of the d-men

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't have to work that way

A creative team would trade Evander Kane for Tyler Myers and either keep all the d-men(and keep Buff on defense) and not mess with chemistry, or move another one of the d-men to get a scoring forward

But the Jets have never been known as a creative team as far as trades go - they are very conservative

well looks like they are getting rid of Bogosian so maybe Buff might eventually find his way back to d

Status
Not open for further replies.