• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more stressful than a run to the playoffs.

Let me briefly summarize what teams are doing to tighten this battle:
Toronto - Putting in David Clarkson, maybe trading both goalies.
Edmonton - Kerrigan'ed Taylor Hall, perhaps even Scrivens
Ottawa - LEHNER HULK SMASH
Jackets - Jared Boll playing, McIlhenny thinks he's a goalie. Renaming Stinger to "Injury Bug".
Buffalo - Being Buffalo
Philly - Everyone is getting suspended. Mason is broken, meaning Emery plays.

Have I missed anything?

Never mind, Horachek is holding out Clarkson again. He should be fired for conduct detrimental to the team.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the message is to not suck?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Canucks looking to including Virtanen in a package to land Evander Kane? I wouldn't do that, wait what I am saying, Go Sir Bennington Go!

The things I've been reading say that the ask is a Horvat or Virtanen, and the answer is "bitch, you be trippin?"

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things I've been reading say that the ask is a Horvat or Virtanen, and the answer is "bitch, you be trippin?"

Depends where Benning and Linden think their team is. If they still believe in contention with the Sedins as a focal point, then why not make a deal like that?

The loudest whispers are Buffalo right now, and I can't figure out for the life of me why Buffalo would do that. I can't see Winnipeg wanting Myers meaning a bunch of prospects will have to be involved, I can't see Kane being any happier in Buffalo than he was in Winnipeg (for obvious reasons), and coming from a fan of a team that tried to jump the gun on a rebuild by trading away draft picks for a winger, it doesn't always end as rosy as the GM will tell you it will.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends where Benning and Linden think their team is. If they still believe in contention with the Sedins as a focal point, then why not make a deal like that?

The loudest whispers are Buffalo right now, and I can't figure out for the life of me why Buffalo would do that. I can't see Winnipeg wanting Myers meaning a bunch of prospects will have to be involved, I can't see Kane being any happier in Buffalo than he was in Winnipeg (for obvious reasons), and coming from a fan of a team that tried to jump the gun on a rebuild by trading away draft picks for a winger, it doesn't always end as rosy as the GM will tell you it will.

I would imagine that Stewart would probably be part of any package to Winnipeg. With Kane out, they need help up front now. Stewart seems like a natural name to be tossed around. It's no secret that he's on the block and he plays a similar style game to Kane. Clearly Kane is far better than Stewart (though their career stats are remarkably similar), but there's not a ton of those guys on the block this year.

I don't really agree with the approach, but I think they're facing a lot of pressure up there to make sure the Jets hold onto their first playoff spot. And their position seems a bit more unsure when you consider that they've got 3 games in hand on both the Wild and Kings, who trail by 7 and 8 points respectively.

I also don't want Buffalo to give up too much for him. But they have 3 1st round picks and a pair of seconds, which is probably why we hear about them so much. Whether they'll deal any of those (I hope not) is anyone's guess, but when you're that loaded with picks, it's no surprise the speculation is there.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine that Stewart would probably be part of any package to Winnipeg. With Kane out, they need help up front now. Stewart seems like a natural name to be tossed around. It's no secret that he's on the block and he plays a similar style game to Kane. Clearly Kane is far better than Stewart (though their career stats are remarkably similar), but there's not a ton of those guys on the block this year.

I don't really agree with the approach, but I think they're facing a lot of pressure up there to make sure the Jets hold onto their first playoff spot. And their position seems a bit more unsure when you consider that they've got 3 games in hand on both the Wild and Kings, who trail by 7 and 8 points respectively.

I also don't want Buffalo to give up too much for him. But they have 3 1st round picks and a pair of seconds, which is probably why we hear about them so much. Whether they'll deal any of those (I hope not) is anyone's guess, but when you're that loaded with picks, it's no surprise the speculation is there.

More I think about it, more I just don't see Kane being moved now.

I also think Buffalo would be dumb as nails to move any first round picks.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More I think about it, more I just don't see Kane being moved now.

I also think Buffalo would be dumb as nails to move any first round picks.

Agreed, I'd be shocked if he's moved during the season. Especially for Winnipeg, I feel like they'd be selling low right now. Wait until the offseason when he's rehabbed, the dust has settled a bit and you can probably get a team that will give up a whole bunch.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sabres realize this is Evander Kane and not Patrick Kane, right?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting the feeling the owner is stepping on Murray's neck a bit.

I still believe Leiweke was behind the Clarkson signing more than anybody else.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.