• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly the kind of crap Boston hoped to avoid by trading Seguin, which proved to be an overreaction.

On the other hand, Winnipeg spent years brushing aside character issues with Kane, and are now faced with having to trade their most valuable asset at a time where is value is at its very lowest.

This, my friends, is why hockey is such a fun sport to follow.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former NHLer Josh Green weighs in:

Josh Green ‏@greendogg12
Evander, come to Finland. No dress code for games. I wear sweat pants to away games. It's awesome. So comfy.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former NHLer Josh Green weighs in:

Josh Green ‏@greendogg12
Evander, come to Finland. No dress code for games. I wear sweat pants to away games. It's awesome. So comfy.

They used to make a mean cheeseburger in the Helsinki airport

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be plenty of speculation that throwing somebody's track suit in a shower is a form of bullying. Maybe it's not the best way to get your message across, but it also sounds to me that Kane is not well liked in the Jets dressing room.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emilio isn't too old for anything you take that back.

"Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you the head coach of the national team, the face of USA Hockey, the man we want leading our children into tomorrow. It's this guy that crashed his car while drunk, coached a random pee wee team for a season and then quit coaching for a few months to pretend he still had a shot at playing. Did I mention he spent the whole season hitting on the team captain's mom?"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mirtle conveys what is likely the case:

James Mirtle @mirtle
Have heard that Kane and Byfuglien haven't gotten along going back four or five years. Kane doesn't have many allies in that room.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Rishaug @TSNRyanRishaug
Winnipeg has officially put Evander Kane on IR retro to 2/2

Looks like Kane and the Jets decided to shut things down.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

James Mirtle @mirtle
Have heard that Kane and Byfuglien haven't gotten along going back four or five years. Kane doesn't have many allies in that room.

its not bullying and its not a prank

its BLACK ON BLACK CRIME!

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is Kane is relegated to second fiddle status with the Undertaker not really liking him?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yassssssssssssssssss!

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be plenty of speculation that throwing somebody's track suit in a shower is a form of bullying. Maybe it's not the best way to get your message across, but it also sounds to me that Kane is not well liked in the Jets dressing room.

James Mirtle @mirtle

I can see it being considered bullying, and I had a similar incident with my Pee Wee team last year. One kid, a very boisterous one, did not like another kid, a rather quiet one. By the end of the season, more than half the team disliked quiet kid even though he really didn't do anything to deserve it.

By the way, quiet kid is on my team again this year (my request) and is not only our best player, but he's very well liked and respected. Locker room mix matters. Silly that the same issue in a Pee Wee room could possibly happen in a pro one (obviously WAAY different motivators). But boys will be boys.

Kane is aloof and arrogant. Buff is a total douche. But Buff is loud, therefore perhaps Kane takes the brunt. I don't know if that's exactly it, but I can see it. And honestly, neither one is an angel, but if it comes down to which one I would want, I'd stay away from Buff every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane is aloof and arrogant. Buff is a total douche. But Buff is loud, therefore perhaps Kane takes the brunt. I don't know if that's exactly it, but I can see it. And honestly, neither one is an angel, but if it comes down to which one I would want, I'd stay away from Buff every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I like both players well enough and do not like the track suit being thrown in the shower story. Regardless of personality I think Kane has more talent but after watching a lot of Jets games the last few years if I had to keep one of them I would keep Buff. Good and bad, he seems to show up and be a factor in most of the Jets games. I cannot say the same for Kane.

I do think Kane has gotten a raw deal to some degree. A year or two ago when rumors of him being moved would surface I would have wanted him. Now, I am not so sure I would take a chance.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Kane has gotten a raw deal to some degree. A year or two ago when rumors of him being moved would surface I would have wanted him. Now, I am not so sure I would take a chance.

Yeah, it's a risk for sure. But with that talent, I think it would be worth a try to see if the scenery change helps him.

Sometimes it works - Seguin
Sometimes it doesn't - Heatley

Buff plays hard, but something about his attitude rubs me the wrong way.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BareRadiantCicada.gif

So that's where Ovi went wrong in the skills comp. He didn't have someone hanging on his back when he tried to bat the puck out of mid air.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ovechkin has really been on a tear since the ruble went in the toilet ... i guess he knows he aint going home anytime soon

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buff plays hard, but something about his attitude rubs me the wrong way.

I think that was a fair comment a few years ago, but I think Buff has certainly matured since his boating DUI. Put it this way, I listened to guys like Andrew Ladd and Blake Wheeler yesterday and they certainly weren't rushing to Evander's defense. Also, it certainly sounds like this latest misstep by Evander is not an isolated incident and I think the team basically came to the conclusion that "enough is enough".

Status
Not open for further replies.