• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't tease me.

I've already got the premise. The Ducks just can't figure out how to beat that clock killing cycle of Crouse and Gauthier once they get down a goal. Charlie's girlfriend teaches him how to recover the puck from Crouse in the cycle AND be a more sympathetic boyfriend by withholding sex from him, protecting herself like Crouse and Gauthier protect that puck. Bombay comes by for a cameo and talks about what Hans used to tell him about pussy, Charlie acts like a spoiled baby but eventually gets laid for the first time, the Ducks win and Charlie is drafted ahead of Crouse AND McDavid.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already got the premise. The Ducks just can't figure out how to beat that clock killing cycle of Crouse and Gauthier once they get down a goal. Charlie's girlfriend teaches him how to recover the puck from Crouse in the cycle AND be a more sympathetic boyfriend by withholding sex from him, protecting herself like Crouse and Gauthier protect that puck. Bombay comes by for a cameo and talks about what Hans used to tell him about pussy, Charlie acts like a spoiled baby but eventually gets laid for the first time, the Ducks win and Charlie is drafted ahead of Crouse AND McDavid.

Also when Charlie asks one of his teammates for help with the pussy the teammate tells Charlie that he is gay and asks him to keep it a secret, but later in the movie something happens that exposes it to the team and as the captain Charlie steps in and supports him and the team accepts him. I'm thinking maybe one of the bash brothers. Or both.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u8YjCkk.jpg

KISS CAM

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also when Charlie asks one of his teammates for help with the pussy the teammate tells Charlie that he is gay and asks him to keep it a secret, but later in the movie something happens that exposes it to the team and as the captain Charlie steps in and supports him and the team accepts him. I'm thinking maybe one of the bash brothers. Or both.

But isn't Charlie a little old to get drafted? Or do we have a new Charlie?

I always figured the bash brothers blew each other.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1990 NHL Entry Draft Picks at hockeydb.com

Saw this posted elsewhere, was interested enough to share. Over his career, Marty Brodeur outscored four skaters taken in the first round of his draft year.

And of course that other goalie taken ahead of him.

/sorry dash

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of goalies, did you know that Marc-Andre Fleury tied the Penguins franchise record for shutouts in a season (recording his 7th last night against the Oil). One more and he supplants Tom Barasso.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of goalies, did you know that Marc-Andre Fleury tied the Penguins franchise record for shutouts in a season (recording his 7th last night against the Oil). One more and he supplants Tom Barasso.

I would think a lot of those records could be in jeopardy. At least among teams that didn't have a single consistent starter during the dead puck era.

It's no shock that the Grant Fuhrs of the world - HoF guys who spent the majority of their careers in the high-flying era - didn't post a ton of shutouts.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think a lot of those records could be in jeopardy. At least among teams that didn't have a single consistent starter during the dead puck era.

It's no shock that the Grant Fuhrs of the world - HoF guys who spent the majority of their careers in the high-flying era - didn't post a ton of shutouts.

I still don't think anybody will catch Tony O's 15 bagels in a season with the Hawks - Marty Brodeur took a run at it a few years ago, but I think he ended the season with either 11 or 12 shutouts.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evander was a day late (ok a couple days early) and a dollar phone short

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]563357157655969793[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAFO!

Whatever helps to keep him in Pittsburgh, I'm all for it.

I actually did not know that though, so thanks Dash, for The More You Know...

B8zWvJcCIAA-pU9.jpg

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think anybody will catch Tony O's 15 bagels in a season with the Hawks - Marty Brodeur took a run at it a few years ago, but I think he ended the season with either 11 or 12 shutouts.

I think Hasek peaked at 13 one season too, which is the closest to the 15 that anyone got in the Original Six era or later.

Just in case anyone cares:
Most Shutouts in One Season by NHL Goalies

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't Charlie a little old to get drafted? Or do we have a new Charlie?

I always figured the bash brothers blew each other.

Wasn't Bombay a little old to be trying out for the NHL? And if you think about it, the guy's life journey is really pretty exceptionally unbelievable outside of that. They'll make it work.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Bombay a little old to be trying out for the NHL? And if you think about it, the guy's life journey is really pretty exceptionally unbelievable outside of that. They'll make it work.

Yes, Bombay was a little older, but he did have Basil McRae pulling strings for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.