• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have softeners for that now a days

I was about to make a suppository joke, but I can't bring myself to do it.

EDIT: I realize this statement is pretty relevant to how many feel about suppositories in general.

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very hard to take any Kane rumours seriously anymore, since there has been a new one every two weeks for the past three years.
But listening "hard"? This must be serious!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are listening hard for 4+ hours, consult your physician.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...seriously? I hadn't heard this. Any word on what the issue is?

Healthy scratch could be turning point in Kane saga - Winnipeg Free Press

After breaking a team rule, Evander Kane was a healthy scratch on Tuesday and that may be the end of this little saga. Or we may soon see signs of a much larger rift.

Kane’s transgression on Tuesday, as it turns out, was fairly was minor. He broke dress code, arriving at the rink for a midday team meeting in sweats, instead of a suit. By gametime, Kane wasn’t a player.

Jets coach Paul Maurice scratched Kane from the lineup and after the game called it a coach’s decision. This is the second time Maurice has made Kane a healthy scratch for disciplinary reasons. The coach has rules and he expects his players to follow them and there are few exceptions. The margin of error for a repeat offender such as Kane is thin. So he got benched.

How Kane takes this treatment will be the subtext of the next chapter. If he accepts he made a mistake and is willing to move forward, we’ll see him back in the lineup as early as Friday night. If he’s miffed, and decides he’d like to swat back at the organization, Kane does have a card to play. He can elect to shut it down and have surgery on an undisclosed injury.

Kane has been playing with this injury for much of this season and could force the decision to have it repaired.

I think the Jets floated this "dress code violation" story to actually take heat away from Kane to show him they are protecting him (cause what he did wasnt really that minor) or maybe they too have had enough and dont want to kill his trade value by showing all GM's in the league what a tool he really is

we will see how he takes it ... he will be speaking to media in a bit today

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jets floated this "dress code violation" story to actually take heat away from Kane to show him they are protecting him (cause what he did wasnt really that minor) or maybe they too have had enough and dont want to kill his trade value by showing all GM's in the league what a tool he really is

we will see how he takes it ... he will be speaking to media in a bit today

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There has been speculation that he could be shut down for a while due to an injury thats been nagging him all year. Could still be from that knee to knee with Scheifele 2 minutes into the season.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard not to think something's up when 1) guy is scratched, 2) rumors of a falling out getting worse, 3) rumors of GM taking calls, 4) guy doesn't practice, 5) guy isn't made available to talk.

However, could just as easily be that he had whatever needed to be repaired done.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this whole thing seems to be one of the week points in the hockey world. Players with any form of big personality are deemed locker room cancers, etc. Sometimes that's because of the guys in the room, sometimes it's the old timers in the media, and sometimes it's the old timers in the stands. Seems a regular thing though.

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard not to think something's up when 1) guy is scratched, 2) rumors of a falling out getting worse, 3) rumors of GM taking calls, 4) guy doesn't practice, 5) guy isn't made available to talk.

However, could just as easily be that he had whatever needed to be repaired done.

1) He's been a healthy scratch before. 2) The falling out thing is talked about every day here, Dreger just has more twitter followers. 3) Chevy has been taking calls on Kane since the day he took office. 4) The injury thing. 5) No Jets player has ever been made available to talk after missing practice in the 3.5 years they've been here.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you guys are buying that what Kane did in vancouver was just a dress code violation then?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) He's been a healthy scratch before. 2) The falling out thing is talked about every day here, Dreger just has more twitter followers. 3) Chevy has been taking calls on Kane since the day he took office. 4) The injury thing. 5) No Jets player has ever been made available to talk after missing practice in the 3.5 years they've been here.

How many Jets players have missed practice when healthy? Is this a regular occurrence?

Winnipegger

Detroit Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many Jets players have missed practice when healthy? Is this a regular occurrence?

What I've read is that he isn't "healthy." He's been playing hurt all year and could be shut down in order to repair whatever upper or lower body injury it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.