• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...really? I don't think there should've even been penalties there unless it's just two unsportsmanlike because the refs are annoyed. You know, it's not hard to fall on ice when you're shoved from behind.

I was thinking the same thing. We're going to be seeing a lot of these $2,000 fines come out over the next few weeks and ultimately the NHL will end up with egg on their face with everyone questioning their decision. Just say PK was fined and move on. Don't show the video. Bad idea.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with showing the video and remember, this is a 2nd time PK has been tagged with embellishment (the first time only gets a warning). Also, while I'm a soccer fan, I hate the flopping on the soccer pitch and I applaud the NHL for calling these guys out.

/For the record, I'm a big PK fan, but he needs to cut out this crap.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with showing the video and remember, this is a 2nd time PK has been tagged with embellishment (the first time only gets a warning). Also, while I'm a soccer fan, I hate the flopping on the soccer pitch and I applaud the NHL for calling these guys out.

/For the record, I'm a big PK fan, but he needs to cut out this crap.

I agree with the sentiment, but this seemed like a pretty weak one to fine him for.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the sentiment, but this seemed like a pretty weak one to fine him for.

More this than anything. Not saying PK doesn't have a history of embellishment, and stuff that he should cut out of course, but...that play was innocuous. Heck, I don't even think I'd call a penalty for embellishment there.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More this than anything. Not saying PK doesn't have a history of embellishment, and stuff that he should cut out of course, but...that play was innocuous. Heck, I don't even think I'd call a penalty for embellishment there.

That's a good point pix, PK has been on the NHL diving radar for some time now and maybe the league was just looking for a chance to nab him.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point pix, PK has been on the NHL diving radar for some time now and maybe the league was just looking for a chance to nab him.

which is exactly what this is, and what is wrong with the NHL officiating. they are far too emotional and egotistical people to be officiating a professional game. they let bias and personal vendetta affect calls and games. its been proven over and over again now

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is exactly what this is, and what is wrong with the NHL officiating. they are far too emotional and egotistical people to be officiating a professional game. they let bias and personal vendetta affect calls and games. its been proven over and over again now

Just like the office

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch Marner or Lawson Crouse seem to be the two most bandied after Hanifin and Strome. Zacha could go higher given how in need of centre help most of the bottom feeders are.

Doesn't matter a tick anyway since CBJ's first rounder is coming to Toronto as part of a package for Bozak Lupul and Clarkson.

lol

You seem to have missed the bulletin that both Howson and MacLean are gone. Go sell crazy somewhere else.

Rantanen, a 6'3" 211lb left shooting winger from Finland. No way Jarmo would be interested. :yahoo:

Christ, would that be a match made in heaven or what?

Seems like Strome and Marner are ranked 5-6 on most other rankings. But Crouse might be the most "Jacket-Like" already (for a winger which they need the most). Zacha is pretty big too. At this point, they really can scarcely go wrong with a top 8 pick.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

You seem to have missed the bulletin that both Howson and MacLean are gone. Go sell crazy somewhere else.

Rantanen, a 6'3" 211lb left shooting winger from Finland. No way Jarmo would be interested. :yahoo:

Seems like Strome and Marner are ranked 5-6 on most other rankings. But Crouse might be the most "Jacket-Like" already (for a winger which they need the most). Zacha is pretty big too. At this point, they really can scarcely go wrong with a top 8 pick.

You say that, but you're targeting the fool's gold in that area. I'm not nearly as impressed as the scouts seem to be at someone who looked his best cycling (without actually scoring) against Slovakian and German teenagers who will mostly never play in the NHL and isn't even scoring much in the OHL (once again, against teenagers who he should be dominating at his size).

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a little more to it. Lol

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]563223293121949696[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn thats good lol

[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]563224268897390593[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

All crazy aside and speaking objectively, Columbus would be much better off trading their first round pick for a guy who's already developed. There's no reason they shouldn't have Stanley on the mind come next season, and having both the cap space and the assets to plug their holes this offseason they should be going for it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that, but you're targeting the fool's gold in that area. I'm not nearly as impressed as the scouts seem to be at someone who looked his best cycling (without actually scoring) against Slovakian and German teenagers who will mostly never play in the NHL and isn't even scoring much in the OHL (once again, against teenagers who he should be dominating at his size).

FWIW, TSN (Mackenzie) has him at 9 right now. Can't say I've seen him play or knew his name prior to two minutes ago but a forward with that size, if he has any skill at all, is probably as serviceable NHLer.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They could probably have picked a better effort by him to fine. But this league rewards mediocrity.

Another problem, at least in my opinion, is when you are on the radar and everything gets looked at more closely - a lot of legit calls look phony in slow motion replays to me.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, TSN (Mackenzie) has him at 9 right now. Can't say I've seen him play or knew his name prior to two minutes ago but a forward with that size, if he has any skill at all, is probably as serviceable NHLer.

I mean, with that type of size and profile he can play on the Biggs-Gauthier line. :wink:

Sorry to open that wound, just a little reminder that "serviceable" is often an adjective better targeted later in the deaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.