• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Radio host trolls his PA over Ryan Callahan......freaking hilarious!

Geeeeeez man. I don't think I've ever cried over a trade. I've gotten a bit misty about FAs leaving (damnit Russ Martin!), but never wept a month after it happened. There's another video of this guy crying over Jeter (which I actually understand a bit more). Is it the case in other cities with sports radio guys being big fans? The guys in Pittsburgh (although many dolts) are only biased, but not full bore homers/fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...gernaut-with-mcdavid-or-eichel-222917600.html

hqdefault.jpg

Who da fuck is dis asshole?

I know I have joked about being in the McDavid sweepstakes, but I do not seriously suggest the Jackets tank. Could they be a powerhouse for a long time with him or Eichel? Yes, absolutely. Will they survive if they don't get him?

Yes, absolutely.

Tanking makes absolutely zero sense. They have a vezina winning goalie going to RFA this year, A world Class D man going next year and just had a contentious negotiation with a budding superstar. Despite years of futility, a beloved veteran waived a no-trade to come here and is kicking ass. AND an established star passed up resigning with a powerhouse to come here (gimpy back notwithstanding). And the team is coming off the most exciting run in franchise history.

Part of the contentiousness of the Johansen negotiations was the organization saying "Show us which season was the fluke". Tank now, and you say the franchise's best season was the fluke. You cement yourself as a joke.

The Jackets are not where they are because they are no good. They are where they are because 30m of their 63m payroll isn't (or wasn't) playing. They are where they are because guys that need some more AHL seasoning (Wennberg, Dano, Erixon, Tyrell, Forsberg) are playing. They are where they are because when their top goalie went down to injury, they could only replace him with a shooter tutor.

If the injury bug keeps biting and the season goes to hell organically, I will live with it, probably not well, but I will. But I would much prefer this team to get healthy and make another improbable run than tank to get any one guy.

Remember when I said all that?

Um...

Nevermind.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Rocco Grimaldi played an AHL game this afternoon, and an NHL game tonight.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nicky lost some chicklets

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EagerObeseBirdofparadise.gif

Jonas Hiller channeling his inner Mike Foligno

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FlawlessReasonableKoalabear.gif

Dammit. They are watching for me to kick the goalposts off. Need a new way to get a whistle to derail this power play.

I KNOW

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens have summoned the media for a previously unscheduled press conference at 1pm. Dupuis didn't travel with the team and had a doctor's appointment a few days ago as he "wasn't feeling well". If it's freaking cancer or anything major, we're going to need a supply of holy water to be sent to that locker room.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best wishes to Pascal Dupuis...

Pittsburgh Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis has been diagnosed with a blood clot in his lung and will be out of the lineup for at least six months while undergoing treatment with blood thinners.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pittsburgh Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis has been diagnosed with a blood clot in his lung and will be out of the lineup for at least six months while undergoing treatment with blood thinners.

How many Indian graves did they dig up when building the Consol Energy Centre?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's going to sign in Pittsburgh ever again. It's practically a guarantee at a life-threatening ailment.

Dupuis should be fine, but still, this is the third blood clot for the Penguins in the last two years, and the second for Dupuis. Hopefully, the doctors can sort this out for him, because it's starting to look like a bigger issue. All the best, Pascal.

Three blood clots, a stroke, and a tumor in the last two years. Let's test the Pittsburgh water supply or something...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get better, Pascal!

And this morning I was complaining about a grouping of broken hands on my team. WTF is with the blood clots over there?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get better, Pascal!

And this morning I was complaining about a grouping of broken hands on my team. WTF is with the blood clots over there?
I made a reference to it in another thread. MAF brought his love of Poutine to the Burgh. A handful of restaurants now serve it. Coincidence? I think not.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a reference to it in another thread. MAF brought his love of Poutine to the Burgh. A handful of restaurants now serve it. Coincidence? I think not.

Have they put poutine on a sandwich yet? Because you know....

French Fry Sammiches.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Islanders have a home & home against them Friday & Saturday. I can't wait.:gaah: I'm positive Crosby & Malkin are looking forward to it though.

Hey - these are the games they need to be successful in if you want the entire NHL to take notice. Fortunately for the Isles, Crosby and Malkin won't be going up against AMac, Streit, Ness, Strait or any of the past 'defensemen' they've plugged into the roster.

Oh and get better Pascal. Terrible news.

Status
Not open for further replies.