• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mnwild: #mnwild has activated Josh Harding from Injured Reserve and placed him on waivers.

Next stop, Edmonton or the minors? Wait a sec, dash, aren't they the same thing?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Harding to go on waivers after returning from team suspension after breaking his foot kicking a wall.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...gernaut-with-mcdavid-or-eichel-222917600.html

hqdefault.jpg

Who da fuck is dis asshole?

I know I have joked about being in the McDavid sweepstakes, but I do not seriously suggest the Jackets tank. Could they be a powerhouse for a long time with him or Eichel? Yes, absolutely. Will they survive if they don't get him?

Yes, absolutely.

Tanking makes absolutely zero sense. They have a vezina winning goalie going to RFA this year, A world Class D man going next year and just had a contentious negotiation with a budding superstar. Despite years of futility, a beloved veteran waived a no-trade to come here and is kicking ass. AND an established star passed up resigning with a powerhouse to come here (gimpy back notwithstanding). And the team is coming off the most exciting run in franchise history.

Part of the contentiousness of the Johansen negotiations was the organization saying "Show us which season was the fluke". Tank now, and you say the franchise's best season was the fluke. You cement yourself as a joke.

The Jackets are not where they are because they are no good. They are where they are because 30m of their 63m payroll isn't (or wasn't) playing. They are where they are because guys that need some more AHL seasoning (Wennberg, Dano, Erixon, Tyrell, Forsberg) are playing. They are where they are because when their top goalie went down to injury, they could only replace him with a shooter tutor.

If the injury bug keeps biting and the season goes to hell organically, I will live with it, probably not well, but I will. But I would much prefer this team to get healthy and make another improbable run than tank to get any one guy.

Eh. They're still not OUT OF IT out of it, but if by game 30 they are still in the bottom 5 I'm probably looking to make a couple moves to stay downstairs. Even if they don't wind up with one of the top 3, a top 5 pick can still be moved for a hell of a return that would help the team far more next season and beyond than would a 17th place finish and a mediocre prospect.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Josh Harding on waivers, I'd think the Jackets would be interested, don't you think 43?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Josh Harding on waivers, I'd think the Jackets would be interested, don't you think 43?

I don't know if the Jackets would or not. The fact the guy put himself out of a #1 spot after kicking a wall arguing with a teammate might be enough to scare them off. We goalies are a little out there, but that's pretty nuts even for one of us. Jarmo is obsessed with locker room chemistry.

Plus I am not convinced the Jackets see the issue with McIlHiney. They did just give him an extension this summer when they could have been rid of him for free.

We'll see.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh fuck you injury bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4Rx9n53.jpg

Sharks ride rookie goalie to win over Hurricanes - San Jose Mercury News

That young man just won in his NHL debut. Just the fact that he got an NHL debut is amazing because he was an undrafted free agent, and made it to the National at age 25. And then got thrust into the spotlight due to an injury.

And all he had to do was come in and make 45 saves for the shutout for win #1.

Not a bad debut. I love stories like this.

Watch Sharks rookie goalie's father jump for joy, cry tears of joy after son's shutout | FOX Sports

That video...*sniff*

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mnwild: #mnwild has activated Josh Harding from Injured Reserve and placed him on waivers.

Next stop, Edmonton or the minors? Wait a sec, dash, aren't they the same thing?

Hmmm; very interesting...

Sad to see him go if it comes to that, but IMO a clear msg that the future is now for Kuemper.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are two goalies on my Pee Wee team, and the other one has never played the position before. My wife sits with his parents in the stands and they both have, shall we say, a difficult time throughout the game.

She told them "The hardest position off the ice is 'parent of the goalie'."

I am going to put this on her phone so she can show them. Pure awesomeness.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha Ha Ha ....why yes , yes it is the same thing

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could always be worse dash...it could be Buffalo.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could always be worse dash...it could be Buffalo.

Wouldn't it be something if Buffalo finished with more points this season than Edmonton? And I like the look of Buffalo's future a heck of a lot more than the Oilers.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. Marty St. Louis has now scored against every team in the NHL.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooo...

All that optimism of Dubinsky coming back against the Wings tonight? Yeah...

He didn't skate yesterday. Had a setback and is supposedly taking two weeks off from the rehab routine.

There are a lot among the Jackets fans that want him to wear the C. And I can see the argument. But the bottom line here is that he got injured because he didn't train in the offseason. He came to camp out of shape and tore something.

On the other hand, Nick Foligno has 5PP Goals and 10PP points in 16 games this season. He's had 4g an 9p the two seasons before that (total). He went to the coach and suggested moving to center when Anisimov got hurt. Plus he nearly broke his neck and didn't miss a game. AND he has created a tradition after wins that the fans stay in the seats to cheer for.

No "C"ontest.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kFrF06K.jpg

In order to brighten up your cold Tuesday morning, here's Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg dressed as cowboys.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sonic chimes in on a second TO franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.