• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad they both went east (well boychuk stayed east). Those are HUGE moves for the aisles nice

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: With Sabres owning Isles' first-round pick, can't blame Garth Snow for today's pair of pick-ups. No other option but to make playoffs

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere deep in Buffalo Tim's asking Uncle Brian to put a bid in on Leddy

I hate having to keep saying this, but they were never in it. This was not a bottom 5 team before Boychuk either.

What do you keep saying??? That you don't know that the Sabres own that pick from the Vanek deal, We all know that they aren't in it. Matter of fact they are the only team that has NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER to get him. As it stands today

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you keep saying??? That you don't know that the Sabres own that pick from the Vanek deal, We all know that they aren't in it. Matter of fact they are the only team that has NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER to get him. As it stands today

That the Isles were going to be in the hunt for the playoffs even before these deals.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Isles got better and hey just think this is the last year they have Yashin on the books.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't buy into the Isles (completely) until I see how they hold up in goal.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't buy into the Isles (completely) until I see how they hold up in goal.

Halak had a .921 SV% last year, which is pretty much equal to his SV% over the last three years. That would have been about an 11 win improvement over what the Isles got in net last year. They won't need Vezina level goaltending to be a playoff team, just not "bottom of the league"-type dogshit. And I don't know why anyone would think that Halak (and Johnson) would be that bad.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Halak had a .921 SV% last year, which is pretty much equal to his SV% over the last three years. That would have been about an 11 win improvement over what the Isles got in net last year. They won't need Vezina level goaltending to be a playoff team, just not "bottom of the league"-type dogshit. And I don't know why anyone would think that Halak (and Johnson) would be that bad.

and Halak's season just got a fuckload easier with the addition of a couple of reasonably solid d-men.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...because it's the Islanders? Some teams just simply don't get breaks, and in the 2000's, that's them.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...because it's the Islanders? Some teams just simply don't get breaks, and in the 2000's, that's them.

While I can't remember everything offhand I'm not sure that the Islanders' shitty results lately have been "bad breaks" or completely unexpected.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can't remember everything offhand I'm not sure that the Islanders' shitty results lately have been "bad breaks" or completely unexpected.

My point is: I won't think they've passed a corner until I see it with my eyes. Including sub-par goaltending from not always bad goalies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish that certain papers across the hockey spectrum would have the gonads to cut ties with some of the idiots out there. At least the Trib took Rossi off the Pens beat at last. But Adrian Dater needs a leash out there. No idea how papers are okay with some of the stuff their employees tweet. Social media is vital to their well-being, but man alive some of the guys on it don't understand professionalism. He called something a pussy play, a female called him out on it, he proceeded to say that it was 1) part of his generation and 2) she wouldn't understand, as a non-guy. Others critiqued this reaction, and he proceeded to say "F off". It'd be one thing if he were good at his job otherwise, but nah (forever one of my favorite articles, from the depths of Mama Daters' basement: Penguins were last in NHL attendance in 2003-04, proving once and for all that... | All Things Avalanche ? The Denver Post)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish that certain papers across the hockey spectrum would have the gonads to cut ties with some of the idiots out there. At least the Trib took Rossi off the Pens beat at last. But Adrian Dater needs a leash out there. No idea how papers are okay with some of the stuff their employees tweet. Social media is vital to their well-being, but man alive some of the guys on it don't understand professionalism. He called something a pussy play, a female called him out on it, he proceeded to say that it was 1) part of his generation and 2) she wouldn't understand, as a non-guy. Others critiqued this reaction, and he proceeded to say "F off". It'd be one thing if he were good at his job otherwise, but nah (forever one of my favorite articles, from the depths of Mama Daters' basement: Penguins were last in NHL attendance in 2003-04, proving once and for all that... | All Things Avalanche ? The Denver Post)

1) I just saw the pic of Dater, and has anybody ever looked more like a d-bag in the history of mankind? Cowherd, maybe, but that would be one hell of a contest.

2) Why can't sports folks ever eat their crow? Everybody gets it wrong sometimes, be it factually or being offensive, and the quicker you recognize your error the lighter the shitstorm.

3) As a guy, I can name ten words I would use to characterize the kind of play he was likely referencing before that word would even cross my mind. Like I said, though, coming from that breed it isn't surprising and neither are his defensive tactics.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say that Dater and the Avalanche are a perfect fit and leave it at that. The only redeeming quality of that organization is Joe Sakic.

Status
Not open for further replies.