• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to crucial away goals and winning on aggregate :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you seriously think that (a handful of) preseason scores tell anything useful about how a team will perform in an 82 game regular season in which a good percentage of the preseason players on all teams won't even be involved?

When you look at how they've won those games, which is exactly how they had success last year. They rolled 4 lines, mixed up wingers and changed the look throughout the game. Last year, they were a nightmare to match up against because they never had the same look. This year, the same system is in play, so I am hopeful. And it goes through the organization from the NHL down to the ECHL.

Plus, the rotating pieces they have are showing considerable improvement. They are not, and don't look like they will be anytime soon, a "top line plus some other guys" team. Score by committee. The order is first line, second line, third line, 4th line. As opposed to First line, second line, first line, third line, first line, second line, fourth line, first line...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trotz was asked about the root of Ovechkin’s issues on defense as a left winger, and whether they were related to playing on his “off” side.

“I just think that at times there is a little bit too much circling,” replies Trotz. “Defense is more straight line than it is circling. Sometimes he gets to circling and it opens up different areas of the ice. It’s just detail; coming into the zone it’s just stopping and holding an area for just a second longer, having good stick position and making sure his controller is connected at all times"

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trotz was asked about the root of Ovechkin’s issues on defense as a left winger, and whether they were related to playing on his “off” side.

“I just think that at times there is a little bit too much circling,” replies Trotz. “Defense is more straight line than it is circling. Sometimes he gets to circling and it opens up different areas of the ice. It’s just detail; coming into the zone it’s just stopping and holding the button for just a second longer, having good stick position and making sure his controller is connected at all times"

You missed a spot. ;)

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All joking aside, I think the Caps are going to flourish under Trotz.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trotz was also asked about Ovechkin’s weight issues.

“Oh Alex is fine, hes in good shape,” replies Trotz. “For a bit he was in between husky and plump, maybe bordering on paunchy but he dropped a few pounds. Summers in Russia will do that. Am I right boys? The food theres not so hot. Hey, has anyone every dressed a really fat guy and put him in as the goalie? That would be great. Maybe one of those sumo wrestlers."

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All joking aside, I think the Caps are going to flourish under Trotz.

yep. I agree. Ill be following them a little closer this year to see how that works out.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trotz was also asked about Ovechkin’s weight issues.

“Oh Alex is fine, hes in good shape,” replies Trotz. “For a bit he was in between husky and plump, maybe bordering on paunchy but he dropped a few pounds. Summers in Russia will do that. Am I right boys? The food theres not so hot. Hey, has anyone every dressed a really fat guy and put him in as the goalie? That would be great. Maybe one of those sumo wrestlers."

You've earned one quote in the bank.

(PS - We need a "Win in the Bank" achievement unlocked graphic, lol)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like a lot of money for a guy who looks like he has regressed quite a bit in the past two years. Ottawa might've been better off waiting a couple months into the season to see if he was ever going to beat the numbers of a few years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.