• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

one thing that worries me about the ravens

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sure that what John Harbaugh said he'll do is common knowledge on how someone would try to stop us (it's like when someone says openly in basketball that they are going to control the tempo and attack the basket - common knowledge), so he didn't reveal any secrets, but I feel Jim wouldn't have said it. It seems like Jim protects even common knowledge, let alone strategy. He'd just say that Fangio has or is developing a plan to try and contain or limit their offense from moving. John's like, this is what I'm going to do, you try to stop it. He could also be doing the opposite I suppose, to stop Gore, if he thinks he knows his brother's going to rely on Gore. But as Jikkle said, their linebackers aren't fast enough to go to the outside after committing to the inside.

if he's only just saying it, fine. Roman will adjust to outside runs, or Kap will keep it more times.

scheming can only take you so far, to go even farther you need more talent.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he's only just saying it, fine. Roman will adjust to outside runs, or Kap will keep it more times.

scheming can only take you so far, to go even farther you need more talent.

True. Just like offensive schemes mean less if you can't execute it, for one reason or another. I just meant our Harbaugh tries to control everything - even the media's interpretation of the Manning thing. It's possible that he did believe in Smith being the better option than Kaep and then changed his mind when Kaep showed he was ready, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't question past things he's said because of the switch - not that I didn't already take his quotes with a hefty dose of salt. I think he thought it possible to win a SB with Alex, but knew Manning or a ready Kaep would be much better chance. It was all up to Kaep being ready and getting the opportunity.

I don't think he thought we'd definitely lose with Smith because I don't think he was so unsure of Kaep's readiness to sacrifice this year for development. He had to go forward with some idea of success with the guy he originally chose. Otherwise, if he thought Alex was a lost cause, he should have started Kaep from Day 1, like many have said here. Last year, that's a different story, the expectations might have been lower (not the competitiveness, though). Plus, I remember someone saying it was Harbaugh's ego that he could fix Alex.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one on the team wants to be a member of the first 49er team to ever lose a Super Bowl. They are going to be motivated and focused.