• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

one thing that worries me about the ravens

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more a concern about the 49ers than the Ravens that I have , but since they are the opponent, my concerns is the 400 yards of passing they gave up to the Falcons and the zero sacks they got with very limited pressure. One sems directly responsible for the other.

Sop had a sack. Kinda. It was a tackle for no gain/loss.

Who cares? Ryan walked out of that game with a fat lip and a separated shoulder. And 300 of those yards came in the first half. And Julio Jones/Roddy White/Tony G/Matt Ryan scare me a hell of a lot more than...crickets.

But that's okay. Justifiable complaints since we KILLED teams by eliminating their offenses throughout the year. However, Baltimore's offense is pedestrian. No top ten ratings throughout.

I don't see how their offense can possibly keep up with ours. Three score differential by my book.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who cares? Ryan walked out of that game with a fat lip and a separated shoulder. And 300 of those yards came in the first half. And Julio Jones/Roddy White/Tony G/Matt Ryan scare me a hell of a lot more than...crickets.

But that's okay. Justifiable complaints since we KILLED teams by eliminating their offenses throughout the year. However, Baltimore's offense is pedestrian. No top ten ratings throughout.

I don't see how their offense can possibly keep up with ours. Three score differential by my book.

Gotta disagree with you on this one Brother Warty.

It's not about what happened in the regular season it is about what is happening right now - and right now Joe Flacco & his supporting cast are playing out of their minds.

In three games Flacco has passed for 8 TD's & 0 picks; 853 yards on 51 completions - That's an insane 16.7 yards/completion and even though he is only completing 54.8% of his passes he currently has a playoff QBr of 114.7.

Nope, regular season is long gone, the only thing that matters is how you are playing now - and right now Joe Flacco is playing like Joe Montana.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I worry about is that they are a team who seems to be playing inspired. Reminds me of that year the Packers almost went to the Superbowl after Favres father died. The team just rallied and played above themselves. In this case knowing that it is Ray and possibly Reed's last game. The Ravens are a much better team than those Packers and I don't think for a second it will be an easy game.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not about what happened in the regular season it is about what is happening right now - and right now Joe Flacco & his supporting cast are playing out of their minds.

In three games Flacco has passed for 8 TD's & 0 picks; 853 yards on 51 completions - That's an insane 16.7 yards/completion and even though he is only completing 54.8% of his passes he currently has a playoff QBr of 114.7.

Nope, regular season is long gone, the only thing that matters is how you are playing now - and right now Joe Flacco is playing like Joe Montana.

The thing I worry about is that they are a team who seems to be playing inspired. Reminds me of that year the Packers almost went to the Superbowl after Favres father died. The team just rallied and played above themselves. In this case knowing that it is Ray and possibly Reed's last game. The Ravens are a much better team than those Packers and I don't think for a second it will be an easy game.

This and this

The ravens are in the Super Bowl for a reason. Always confident in the boys but the ravens are no slouch. Going to be another good one I think.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean passer rating, no?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean passer rating, no?

Yessir – The original QB rating/passer rating is/was acronymically denoted as "QBr" while the newer QB rating/passer rating is/was denoted as "QBR" – or at least that is how it used to be when the QBR first became published.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a discussion who has the better weapons between Ryan n Flacco but needless to say, the Flacco-Boldin connection has been on point in the playoffs. Not to mention Baltimore is also taking plenty of deep shots(it seems) and getting good results from it.

CANNOT sleep on that offense or any offense for that matter when you're playing in the super bowl. Treat them as if they were the 2007 Pats or 2010 Packers... play to shut them down and the win will come in.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torrey Smith has big play potential. Might even be a bigger down field threat than Julio Jones.

No way, Smith is half the WR Jones is

Badger, I think both you and Clyde are correct on your claims. I agree with Clyde that Smith may be a bigger downfield threat (vertical routes); but, I think you are correct that Jones is a better all-around WR

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i wouldn't sell the ravens offense short. they've been much better since caldwell took over.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a discussion who has the better weapons between Ryan n Flacco but needless to say, the Flacco-Boldin connection has been on point in the playoffs. Not to mention Baltimore is also taking plenty of deep shots (it seems) and getting good results from it.

CANNOT sleep on that offense or any offense for that matter when you're playing in the super bowl. Treat them as if they were the 2007 Pats or 2010 Packers... play to shut them down and the win will come in.

Calamity, I think the weapon comparison is relevant in terms of what Ryan was able to do to us with his weapons - Ryan had several plays over 20 yards and nearly 17 pass completions of over 12 yards.

Meaning, you are spot-on when you say we CANNOT sleep on their offense. We will find no sanctuary in either 3rd & forever’s or 3 score leads.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calamity, I think the weapon comparison is relevant in terms of what Ryan was able to do to us with his weapons - Ryan had several plays over 20 yards and nearly 17 pass completions of over 12 yards.

Meaning, you are spot-on when you say we CANNOT sleep on their offense. We will find no sanctuary in either 3rd & forever’s or 3 score leads.

Right, in terms of weapons, its not a discussion, Ryan has it better than Flacco. But that shouldn't downplay Flacco and the offense currently running right now.

I know its the 3rd rank offense if we were to rank the ATL, GB n Balt offenses but still an offense that we need to destroy and not underestimate...

heck apparently 4th n long aren't gimmies either lol.....

In the end, our pass rush needs to go all out and once again, I'm looking at Aldon and Ahmad to lead the charge.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessir – The original QB rating/passer rating is/was acronymically denoted as "QBr" while the newer QB rating/passer rating is/was denoted as "QBR" – or at least that is how it used to be when the QBR first became published.

Wow..could they make it any more confusing to remember which is which? I didn't know they went to "QBr", thought it might have just been a typo. :suds:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, in terms of weapons, its not a discussion, Ryan has it better than Flacco. But that shouldn't downplay Flacco and the offense currently running right now.

I know its the 3rd rank offense if we were to rank the ATL, GB n Balt offenses but still an offense that we need to destroy and not underestimate...

heck apparently 4th n long aren't gimmies either lol.....

In the end, our pass rush needs to go all out and once again, I'm looking at Aldon and Ahmad to lead the charge.

Got it...Too funny on the 4th & Long comment!!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow..could they make it any more confusing to remember which is which? I didn't know they went to "QBr", thought it might have just been a typo. :suds:

Cheers! :suds:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This game is going to come down to how the Raven's defense deals with the Pistol and Read Option.

The drives on offense the past two games have looked like this:
(note: I left out drives where we had no intention to score)

Packers:
Int
TD
Punt
TD
TD
FG
Punt
TD
TD
TD

ATL:
Punt
Punt
TD
TD
TD
Missed FG
Fumble
TD

So out of 18 drives we've had:
4 Punts!
10 TDs
1 FG
1 FG missed
2 TO

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is going to come down to how the Raven's defense deals with the Pistol and Read Option.

The drives on offense the past two games have looked like this:
(note: I left out drives where we had no intention to score)

Packers:
Int
TD
Punt
TD
TD
FG
Punt
TD
TD
TD

ATL:
Punt
Punt
TD
TD
TD
Missed FG
Fumble
TD

So out of 18 drives we've had:
4 Punts!
10 TDs
1 FG
1 FG missed
2 TO

wow, that's pretty impressive. Even more so that the fumble occurred on the 1 yard line and the play could have ended up a TD, too.