• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

one thing that worries me about the ravens

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raven's run game doesn't concern me much because we typically struggle against big bruising backs like a Lynch or Stephen Jackson not really the Ray Rice types of back.

My main concern with the Raven's is being able to get enough pass rush on them. We struggled against Atlanta early on to do it and we got burned deep and the threat of that is there again with Flacco and Smith.

But on the plus side we get another bye week which does buy some more time for Justin Smith's arm to get a little better and Aldon Smith to heal up the shoulder a little more and get fresh legs.

But #30 is a power back and he concerns me a bit. Sacks are great but Aldon has been doing a lot of other things very well in the playoffs that I'm not worried about how he is playing.

We got burned deep by a busted coverage not a lack of pressure. The other 2 TDs were great throws and you can't defend great throws.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I miss that so much.... :hope:

I want to see Justin getting to the QB but with one arm, unlikely... It's Aldon and Brooks that needs to have a breakout performance from their roles as pass rushers...

I won't stand for Flacco beating us... i wont! :hellno:

Agreed this bye will be huge for both teams!

I expect nothing less than another tough and close game again.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more a concern about the 49ers than the Ravens that I have , but since they are the opponent, my concerns is the 400 yards of passing they gave up to the Falcons and the zero sacks they got with very limited pressure. One sems directly responsible for the other.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more a concern about the 49ers than the Ravens that I have , but since they are the opponent, my concerns is the 400 yards of passing they gave up to the Falcons and the zero sacks they got with very limited pressure. One seems directly responsible for the other.

Agreed! This is Huge!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put Rogers on Boldin, Cully on Smith, and Brown in the slot. Cully is our only DB that can run with Smith.

This. At times, I'd even like to see Brown on Boldin and Carlos in the slot (if his ego can take it). I imagine guarding Anquan is a lot like being a part-time OT against a great pass rusher. He might appreciate the break.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree it STARTS with the run game, for both sides. we need to stop Rice and they need to stop Gore. think their D line is more physical than either GB or Atlanta, so it'll be tough yards.

Definitely true. The Ravens still have one of the better front-7s in the league. Goodwin will need help with Ngata on every play. Everyone else is essentially on their own. The early Suggs v. Staley/Davis match-up will be very telling. Where will he line-up most often, and how feasible is max protection to that side? If they're getting to CK in the first couple or series, that could change the whole TE gameplan that seemed to save the second half of the NFC Championship. As usual, it's all about gameplanning and adjustments. You're right that Gore needs a lot of touches. I'm hoping for 15 in the first half (would be a good sign).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raven's run game doesn't concern me much because we typically struggle against big bruising backs like a Lynch or Stephen Jackson not really the Ray Rice types of back.

My main concern with the Raven's is being able to get enough pass rush on them. We struggled against Atlanta early on to do it and we got burned deep and the threat of that is there again with Flacco and Smith.

But on the plus side we get another bye week which does buy some more time for Justin Smith's arm to get a little better and Aldon Smith to heal up the shoulder a little more and get fresh legs.

Im concerned about our defense being effective all game. We can not allow to come out flat again in the beginning.

I wanna see our pass rush abusing flacco like we did Eli last year.

Man I miss that so much.... :hope:

I want to see Justin getting to the QB but with one arm, unlikely... It's Aldon and Brooks that needs to have a breakout performance from their roles as pass rushers...

I won't stand for Flacco beating us... i wont! :hellno:

These.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice is an excellent running back. That scares me. Also, the Falcons completed a lot of bombs against us. The Ravens excel at that, too.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I'll play

The one thing I'm worried about is their physicality and run game. Those are the type of teams that the niners have had trouble with (Vikes, Giants, Rams, Seahwaks)

I think the added dimension of a rising Kaepernick means the niners still win but they're definitely going to have to out score them.

Ravens can move the ball, and they are very physical and will move the chains. This is why the 49ers can't fall behind such as their last two games.

Everyone mentions that the Ravens are an aging defense, and that is true, but to beat Luck, Manning, and Brady means something. The Niners may have to get out to a fast start for once.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens can move the ball, and they are very physical and will move the chains. This is why the 49ers can't fall behind such as their last two games.

Everyone mentions that the Ravens are an aging defense, and that is true, but to beat Luck, Manning, and Brady means something. The Niners may have to get out to a fast start for once.

Excellent point, Yoshi!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its more a concern about the 49ers than the Ravens that I have , but since they are the opponent, my concerns is the 400 yards of passing they gave up to the Falcons and the zero sacks they got with very limited pressure. One sems directly responsible for the other.

Are you concerned about #30?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, as much as they say that the Niners will be the first(last) real physical team that the Ravens will face, I think its fair to say the same thing for the Niners, facing the ravens as a physical team that can match us or play to our level....

fucking A....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be honest, as much as they say that the Niners will be the first(last) real physical team that the Ravens will face, I think its fair to say the same thing for the Niners, facing the ravens as a physical team that can match us or play to our level....

fucking A....

Seattle was pretty physical, so were the Rams.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've read all the posts and still...

i'm only worried about a raven pooping on my head

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm worried about the Zombie Edgar Allen Poe coming to life and reciting "The Raven" to a freaked out Jim Harbaugh when he's trying to go to sleep.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried about the Zombie Edgar Allen Poe coming to life and reciting "The Raven" to a freaked out Jim Harbaugh when he's trying to go to sleep.

i think harbaugh would beat up a zombie

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

...yes, I'm bored & want the Superbowl to get here.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only thing I'm worried about is the giant party and victory parade happening in the city 2 times in one year!! Go 49ers!!:suds: