• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

one thing that worries me about the ravens

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wow..could they make it any more confusing to remember which is which? I didn't know they went to "QBr", thought it might have just been a typo. :suds:

Whenever a sports writer / commentator mentions "QBR" I immediately tune him out. QBR is stupid.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badger, I think both you and Clyde are correct on your claims. I agree with Clyde that Smith may be a bigger downfield threat (vertical routes); but, I think you are correct that Jones is a better all-around WR

I thought I would never see the words, "Smith may be a bigger downfield threat" but of course, it's about Torrey Smith, not Alex Smith. (For the record, I knew it was Torrey Smith the whole time.) (I guess, it depends on who you are talking about - Alex Smith is a bigger downfield threat than I am or a moldy ham sandwich. I'm 90% sure on the sandwich. BTW, I'm not serious about him not throwing deep passes, as I know he can, just not as well as many or most.)

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I would never see the words, "Smith may be a bigger downfield threat" but of course, it's about Torrey Smith, not Alex Smith. (For the record, I knew it was Torrey Smith the whole time.) (I guess, it depends on who you are talking about - Alex Smith is a bigger downfield threat than I am or a moldy ham sandwich. I'm 90% sure on the sandwich. BTW, I'm not serious about him not throwing deep passes, as I know he can, just not as well as many or most.)

I'm THIS close to medicating you.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm THIS close to medicating you.

I don't need any of your empty threa... ouch, warn me next time. I'm feeling woozy.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy now. That ham sammy has a CANNON!!!!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It'll help the Ravens get a feel for CK's speed but I don't think it's all that big of advantage because it'll ultimately boil down to assignment football and how they scheme to stop it.

agree, cause we're now executing better in our run game, and they can't stop everything. CK's running just adds to their task, it isn't their only task.

John Harbaugh said they'll protect the outside so that should leave opportunities between tackles. not that running up the middle will always yield big yards, but Gore might get an extra 1-2 yards a rush? Gore might break a 'long' run, or two or three?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, cause we're now executing better in our run game, and they can't stop everything. CK's running just adds to their task, it isn't their only task.

John Harbaugh said they'll protect the outside so that should leave opportunities between tackles. not that running up the middle will always yield big yards, but Gore might get an extra 1-2 yards a rush? Gore might break a 'long' run, or two or three?

The Ravens have some big boys in the middle so I think they are correct in protecting the outside because it is their lack of speed on defense that would hurt them most. John Harbaugh knows what he is doing and that is why I think Juim Harbaugh built an exact replica of John's team when he took over the 49ers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Ravens have some big boys in the middle so I think they are correct in protecting the outside because it is their lack of speed on defense that would hurt them most. John Harbaugh knows what he is doing and that is why I think Juim Harbaugh built an exact replica of John's team when he took over the 49ers.

being big doesn't mean you can stop the run? not to mention we got some pretty big O-linemen.

the 49ers were already building this team prior to Jim.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Ravens can't afford to give up the outside because their linebackers aren't fast enough to go sideline to sideline.

If I'm the 9ers I'm making Davis a huge part of the gameplan and I'm making the play action pistol a staple.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Ravens can't afford to give up the outside because their linebackers aren't fast enough to go sideline to sideline.

If I'm the 9ers I'm making Davis a huge part of the gameplan and I'm making the play action pistol a staple.

agree, next to run opportunities inside, there should be passing opportunities just past the LB's? Davis is good on routes where he just keeps running, so Kap has to hit him early.

to find the holes around the LB's, i'd think Celek is better suited? but he got hurt in the last game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure that what John Harbaugh said he'll do is common knowledge on how someone would try to stop us (it's like when someone says openly in basketball that they are going to control the tempo and attack the basket - common knowledge), so he didn't reveal any secrets, but I feel Jim wouldn't have said it. It seems like Jim protects even common knowledge, let alone strategy. He'd just say that Fangio has or is developing a plan to try and contain or limit their offense from moving. John's like, this is what I'm going to do, you try to stop it. He could also be doing the opposite I suppose, to stop Gore, if he thinks he knows his brother's going to rely on Gore. But as Jikkle said, their linebackers aren't fast enough to go to the outside after committing to the inside.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my mind, lol. But seriously...baseball has enough stats.

Yeah. I was mostly joking. Advanced metrics supplement the eye, and they are more telling in baseball than most sports.

I had someone tell me that baseball creates all these stats to distract people from its boring nature and to make those who are boring enough to watch baseball feel like they are complex experts at something no one can appreciate. Yeah, that person isn't a very happy person.

BTW, I don't agree, I love basketball and baseball stats. I love quarterback and receiver stats, too. Not proficient in defensive stats and the like.