• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

one thing that worries me about atlanta

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets all be honest here, both teams are known to be pretty streaky, wondering which team will show up every Sunday. 49ers are the hotter team at this moment due to the fact they didn't nearly cough up their game at the end. Matt Ryan is the better passing QB and Kaepernick is light years faster with some great passing as well. Even though the 49ers are favored, Atlanta has the edge at home until the 49ers take it away from them. With that said we all should be confident but this is going to be anyone's game and regardless of Atlanta's stats or 49ers stats in the regular season, both teams will come to play Sunday and will go right into a classic shootout. Lets all look forward to it and may the best team win.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets all be honest here, both teams are known to be pretty streaky, wondering which team will show up every Sunday. 49ers are the hotter team at this moment due to the fact they didn't nearly cough up their game at the end. Matt Ryan is the better passing QB and Kaepernick is light years faster with some great passing as well. Even though the 49ers are favored, Atlanta has the edge at home until the 49ers take it away from them. With that said we all should be confident but this is going to be anyone's game and regardless of Atlanta's stats or 49ers stats in the regular season, both teams will come to play Sunday and will go right into a classic shootout. Lets all look forward to it and may the best team win.

yep, and as someone else already posted......lesser mistakes win.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, talent wise Atlanta is scary with White, Jones, Gonzalez, Ryan, and Turner. It is a talented team that requires the 49ers to win the one-on-one battles in coverage. A big test for the safeties, hopefully Ryan decides to test Dashon instead of Whitner, it'll be a long day if they test the deep ball when Whitner pulls deep coverage duties.

yes, similar to Green Bay........they might get hot and if so, we won't stop them. but hot requires solid, consistent protection too, we'll see?

but other than HOT, give them the shorter stuff and make good tackles. just don't give up long passes and we should be fine. we can't be thinking "shut down", cause they're too good for that.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has a good offense with weapons, but couldn't you say the same thing about Green bay? And Rodgers is a far better QB than Ryan. The Patriots have the best offense in the league and the 49ers shut them down and if it wasn't for moving into the prevent defense in the 3rd quarter, it would have remained a blow out victory. I don't think it will be an easy game by any stretch, but I was more worried about Green Bay.

If there is one thing that scares me about this game is that the Niners have yet to win 3 in a row and the season pattern has been, win/win/loss(tie) the entire time. This would be that dreaded 3rd game.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm most worried about it being the 3rd game after 2 wins. if we can over come that we should be good.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My biggest worry about Atlanta is that the Niners blow 'em out and they go into the Superbowl thinking their poop doesn't stink and get a rude awakening. So let's keep it to a low double-digit win.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to get a little worried about all these pundits saying that the Falcons cannot stop Kaepernick and this game could be a blow out. I keep hearing them say that "the 49ers are better in every aspect of the game". The Falcons are gonna feel slighted.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to get a little worried about all these pundits saying that the Falcons cannot stop Kaepernick and this game could be a blow out. I keep hearing them say that "the 49ers are better in every aspect of the game". The Falcons are gonna feel slighted.

Well to be fair other than offense and special teams the pundits are spot on.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has a good offense with weapons, but couldn't you say the same thing about Green bay? And Rodgers is a far better QB than Ryan. The Patriots have the best offense in the league and the 49ers shut them down and if it wasn't for moving into the prevent defense in the 3rd quarter, it would have remained a blow out victory. I don't think it will be an easy game by any stretch, but I was more worried about Green Bay.

If there is one thing that scares me about this game is that the Niners have yet to win 3 in a row and the season pattern has been, win/win/loss(tie) the entire time. This would be that dreaded 3rd game.

??? Jeez man that seems like hyperbole. Rodgers is beter but FAR better?? I guess in a world where all QB's are judged on playoff performance then I can see someone mistakenly believing that but Ryan is a top 8 QB IMO and will be higher if Atlanta gets to a SB. Better?? Sure. Far better?? Hell no.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? Jeez man that seems like hyperbole. Rodgers is beter but FAR better?? I guess in a world where all QB's are judged on playoff performance then I can see someone mistakenly believing that but Ryan is a top 8 QB IMO and will be higher if Atlanta gets to a SB. Better?? Sure. Far better?? Hell no.

Aren't you the same guy who was pimping Alex Smith up and down this board last week? Just stop.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you the same guy who was pimping Alex Smith up and down this board last week? Just stop.

Nope I wasnt. I was the guy questioning going to an unproven QB when you had a proven one. Nothing has changed. Congrats you won a home game vs a terrible defensive team just like you did last year. This week you will get your ass handed to you by a team with a good offense and a good defense just like you did last year. Status quo.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I wasnt. I was the guy questioning going to an unproven QB when you had a proven one. Nothing has changed. Congrats you won a home game vs a terrible defensive team just like you did last year. This week you will get your ass handed to you by a team with a good offense and a good defense just like you did last year. Status quo.

... with the "proven" QB. CK made passes last week that in almost a decade of watching Alex Smith, I have never seen him make. Even if the outcome is the same as last year, Harbaugh made the right decision. If anything, JH and CK probably helped Alex Smith's career more than anyone. He is in far more demand, and provides extra value to the Niners as future cap space.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm more worried that you aren't betting against us again. It's been good luck with the saints and pack game. Didnt you not bet against us last yr vs NYG?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... with the "proven" QB. CK made passes last week that in almost a decade of watching Alex Smith, I have never seen him make. Even if the outcome is the same as last year, Harbaugh made the right decision. If anything, JH and CK probably helped Alex Smith's career more than anyone. He is in far more demand, and provides extra value to the Niners as future cap space.

Eh I know. Just trying to rile Clyde up :) Hes easily agitated. LOL

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, we should put Alex Smith to win. We'll have a better chance to beat you, right?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we should put Alex Smith to win. We'll have a better chance to beat you, right?

See ^^^ LOL. Honestly I dont think either of your guys has a great chance. I mean a team that is average on the road, a team with a QB with 8 starts, a team that got fucking absolutely decimated a few weeks ago by the team we just beat, a team that had a worse record, worse offense, worse special teams etc etc probably isnt going to come in and beat a 14-3 team that ranks in the top 7 in scoring offense and top 4 in scoring defense especially when that team has lost 7 home games in 5 years. But glad to see we are the underdogs, just another reason for the boys to come out fired up.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen him inconsistently make the throws of last week if you're talking about eight years of throws, but the Bears game and New Orleans game throws I would agree. Those were out of the range. Kaep certainly possesses better passing skills and can run better and faster. I also agree that Harbaugh made the right decision and Harbaugh helped Smith a lot.

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, man. By definition, if they don't get good yards, they didn't choose to run. If you only count the times where they got more than 10 yards or score, in other words when they chose to run, they were in the top rushing team when you compare them to other team's full season averages - by a mile. Now, those times where they got negative yards or just a few yards, they simply didn't choose to run and that shouldn't count against them.

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Basically you're saying if they didn't have success running the ball they didn't do it. But if they did they did. Isn't that true of any team? If the numbers show they were one of the worst running teams that means they must have given up on it a lot. If they were a team that was holding big leads on teams they would have run more just to eat clock so I also don't buy the other argument I read saying they didn't run because they didn't need to.