• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

one thing that worries me about atlanta

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree, rmilia. I would EASILY take the QB that beat the Packers over the QB that beat the Seahawks, and that is what we are comparing right?

Why would you do that?? The Seahawks beat the Packers... :)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Maybe he meant enema?

I think he was referring to Aenima, the 1996 album by Tool.

aenima.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as long as you have Nolan, any coordinator is better than him... i kid, i still hate the guy(respect him).

I don't respect him because he thinks it's leadership to go behind the QBs back to the locker-room to say how cowardly a QB with a torn throwing shoulder is, when the QB is playing through it! How much tougher can you be than to play through that and not say anything in the media about it in regards to your play? The QB only said something after he needed to get the surgery, games after the coward remarks.

I know you are talking about respect as him being a good d-coordinator, but I'd use a different word for that guy.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last week 3/4 of the same fans thought GB would destroy them. After I told them they were nuts and that SF would win HUGE because GB you know, sucks. They all got on me for saying that. Now that I am telling them that *gasp* Atlanta is pretty fucking good, I am a know nothing again. LOL

You're exaggerating just a little - don't you think? 75% thought GB would destroy us? As for you guys being *gasp* a pretty darn good team, all I can say is I hope so, because we are certainly a good team - don't you think?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're exaggerating just a little - don't you think? 75% thought GB would destroy us? As for you guys being *gasp* a pretty darn good team, all I can say is I hope so, because we are certainly a good team - don't you think?

Hell yeah the Niners are really good. Thats why I was hoping that your fans were right when they said GB would win. SF and Seattle were the ONLY 2 teams teams in the NFC that I thought could give ATL a run. We already took care of one of them and now its time for the other one to go down.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm predicting a 9ers win BUT I say that with the knowledge that this is the playoffs and every team in the dance is fully capable of beating the other team.

9ers are a better team then Seattle and I think a big concern if I'm a Falcon's fan is it will be difficult for the Falcons to play and win back to back physical, emotional, hard fought games.

Atlanta is a good team and it's definitely not impossible nor would it be surprising for them to win this game but I just think the 9ers are a better team and are playing at a high level right now.

If Justin Smith wasn't effective and the 9ers didn't get the bye and had to go on the road to beat GB I would pick Atlanta in this game but that's not the case so 9ers for me.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm predicting a 9ers win BUT I say that with the knowledge that this is the playoffs and every team in the dance is fully capable of beating the other team.

9ers are a better team then Seattle and I think a big concern if I'm a Falcon's fan is it will be difficult for the Falcons to play and win back to back physical, emotional, hard fought games.

Atlanta is a good team and it's definitely not impossible nor would it be surprising for them to win this game but I just think the 9ers are a better team and are playing at a high level right now.

If Justin Smith wasn't effective and the 9ers didn't get the bye and had to go on the road to beat GB I would pick Atlanta in this game but that's not the case so 9ers for me.

Definitely hurts Atlanta to play 2 back to back physical teams especially since the Packers are so effing soft but the games being at home helps alot. Travel is a bitch with aches and pains so I think being at home negates alot of my worries there and frankly Seattle didnt really punish us too much since they were behind by so much early.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely hurts Atlanta to play 2 back to back physical teams especially since the Packers are so effing soft but the games being at home helps alot. Travel is a bitch with aches and pains so I think being at home negates alot of my worries there and frankly Seattle didnt really punish us too much since they were behind by so much early.

I get the strong, actually very strong impression that you are rather worried about this match-up. You seem to be trying to convince yourself that you can beat us on Sunday.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the strong, actually very strong impression that you are rather worried about this match-up. You seem to be trying to convince yourself that you can beat us on Sunday.

Of course Im worried B. The Niners are really good. Any team still playing is really good. I dont need to convince anyone that Atlanta can win because what us fans think doesnt fucking matter one iota :) I already said I think this matchup is a better one for us than Seattle was, that doesnt mean we will win though.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlantas offense scares me more then GB did. While Rodgers is above Ryan I still see the WR threat bigger on ATL and the run game as well.

I feel our offense matches up good with there D. Could be in for another good one folks. Is it Sunday yet!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlantas offense scares me more then GB did. While Rodgers is above Ryan I still see the WR threat bigger on ATL and the run game as well.

I feel our offense matches up good with there D. Could be in for another good one folks. Is it Sunday yet!

Thats what I dont understand about this game. Alot of the Niner fans were not so hyped about the GB game and predicting a loss. Now you are playing a team with an equally good offense and a SUBSTANTIALLY better D and playing on the road yet everyone seems supremely confident this week. Makes little sense. Anyone that had watched the teams this year knew that GB had a terrible D and that SF was likely to bulldoze them.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what I dont understand about this game. Alot of the Niner fans were not so hyped about the GB game and predicting a loss. Now you are playing a team with an equally good offense and a SUBSTANTIALLY better D and playing on the road yet everyone seems supremely confident this week. Makes little sense. Anyone that had watched the teams this year knew that GB had a terrible D and that SF was likely to bulldoze them.

It has more to do with the way the niners play has picked up than what Atlanta is doing

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has more to do with the way the niners play has picked up than what Atlanta is doing

I think both. When we play at our best, I don't think any team can stop us. Beyond that, though; let's face it, Atlanta is a very unimpressive #1 seed. You have talent at WR but we have DB's that can hang, our LB's can cover and your running game was suspect all year. Your defense is not scary and your best lineman is gimpy (while ours seems to be back).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta has a better QB, better WR's, better TE, Better special teams, and a better secondary. SF has better OL and DL, better LB, better RB. Coaching staff Id give ATL the edge coordinator wise but SF the edhe head coach wise.

i think rogers might have a rough game. but i also think we'll be able to attack your defense which will open up the run. i'm expecting a shootout by the 4th quarter.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Seattle fans were cocky. At least they could admit some match up problems. Here all I see is we are better than them everywhere, including our QB who has started 8 games in his career.

Seattle fans claimed there was no way we score 30 on them. (ranked higher scoring D than niners.) Check.
Seattle fans claimed there was no way we'd stop the run (ranked higher than niners.) Check.
Seattle fans claimed we would not run for over 100 yards on them. Check.
Seattle fans claimed they've faced better offenses than us in NE and GB. They we wrong.
Seattle fans claimed we would not be able to pass against them. Passed for 50 yards over the average given up. While running for 65 over their season average allowed.
Seattle fans claimed they would beat us big all week. The media claimed they would beat us big all week. They were wrong.

I'm seeing nothing but the same thing this week... Remember, Seattle absolutely destroyed you a few weeks ago...

I wish you the best.

after a tough game the week before without the heart and soul of our defense....

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I lived in Atlanta 20+ years ago. What I remember about the Falcons....

"Go Falcons, and Take the Hawks With You!"

"Interstate 20, Falcons 0"

Both quotes were entries in a Falcons slogan contest sponsored by a local radio station.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, talent wise Atlanta is scary with White, Jones, Gonzalez, Ryan, and Turner. It is a talented team that requires the 49ers to win the one-on-one battles in coverage. A big test for the safeties, hopefully Ryan decides to test Dashon instead of Whitner, it'll be a long day if they test the deep ball when Whitner pulls deep coverage duties.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, talent wise Atlanta is scary with White, Jones, Gonzalez, Ryan, and Turner. It is a talented team that requires the 49ers to win the one-on-one battles in coverage. A big test for the safeties, hopefully Ryan decides to test Dashon instead of Whitner, it'll be a long day if they test the deep ball when Whitner pulls deep coverage duties.

Yup And the dome will be another test with Atlanta finally winning there first playoff game there fans will be nuts.

But I am confident our run game which sets up play action and can best there D. Full confidence in the team but I'm not oblivious to how games can go. Like last yrs game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So much depends on the health of Justin Smith. That is the main thing that wories me. Without a pass rush I expect White and Jones and, to a lesser extent, Gonzalez to have a field day against the 49er secondary. The difference now though is the 49ers have shown that they can now also outscore teams in order to beat them.