• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

one thing that worries me about atlanta

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See ^^^ LOL. Honestly I dont think either of your guys has a great chance. I mean a team that is average on the road, a team with a QB with 8 starts, a team that got fucking absolutely decimated a few weeks ago by the team we just beat, a team that had a worse record, worse offense, worse special teams etc etc probably isnt going to come in and beat a 14-3 team that ranks in the top 7 in scoring offense and top 4 in scoring defense especially when that team has lost 7 home games in 5 years. But glad to see we are the underdogs, just another reason for the boys to come out fired up.

Please do us a favor. If you plan to come back here to gloat after a Falcon win also come back to eat crow if they lose.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please do us a favor. If you plan to come back here to gloat after a Falcon win also come back to eat crow if they lose.

I wouldn't worry, this guy is talking up his team which he should be, but like I said in another post, this matchup is reminiscent of the Cowboys and Niners in the 90's before the 94 team - and like the Boys were in the 90's, the Niners are the better overall team. Games are won in the trenches, so these individual matchups won't mean a damn thing unless one of the teams dominates the line of scrimmage, and it's pretty obvious which team has the better lines.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh Ill be here either way :) I already said it would be close. The other shit is just to rile up Clyde. LOL.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry, this guy is talking up his team which he should be, but like I said in another post, this matchup is reminiscent of the Cowboys and Niners in the 90's before the 94 team - and like the Boys were in the 90's, the Niners are the better overall team. Games are won in the trenches, so these individual matchups won't mean a damn thing unless one of the teams dominates the line of scrimmage, and it's pretty obvious which team has the better lines.

Thats true for the most part. Which is why I said IF SF gets a bunch of pressure then they will win. If they dont then they wont. Thats really all this game comes down to. I am more confident in my defenses ability than you guys appear to be which makes little sense since they are the 4th best defense in the league scoring wise but we will see in a few days. Cant wait!!!

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats true for the most part. Which is why I said IF SF gets a bunch of pressure then they will win. If they dont then they wont. Thats really all this game comes down to. I am more confident in my defenses ability than you guys appear to be which makes little sense since they are the 4th best defense in the league scoring wise but we will see in a few days. Cant wait!!!

Like I said earlier, your team is the number 1 seed for a reason. However, I've watched football a long time and this matchup eerily is analogous to those matchups in the 90's between SF and DAL.

You also don't know this since you're all the way out in Iowa, but a lot of pundits here have been downgrading Harbaugh and his decision to start CK7 over Alex Smith for several weeks up until the GB game, and even then, there's still some skepticism here - pretty similar to your Falcons not getting respect.

CK7 still isn't getting respect - you have an actual sports writer criticizing his tatoos because he can't find anything else to criticize him on? Really?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

5th (4th in the NFC), actually, and 24th in yards. That is a sign of a great Red Zone D. They'll need to be fantastic.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...y=GAME_STATS&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th (4th in the NFC), actually, and 24th in yards. That is a sign of a great Red Zone D. They'll need to be fantastic.

NFL Stats: by Team Category

To be fair alot of the yards have come in games where they have been ahead and just went plain jane on D but yeah the red zone D had been good as has the turnover margin. I think either way you look at it both teams are going to have to play well to win. No one is getting by in this one with a B effort.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said earlier, your team is the number 1 seed for a reason. However, I've watched football a long time and this matchup eerily is analogous to those matchups in the 90's between SF and DAL.

You also don't know this since you're all the way out in Iowa, but a lot of pundits here have been downgrading Harbaugh and his decision to start CK7 over Alex Smith for several weeks up until the GB game, and even then, there's still some skepticism here - pretty similar to your Falcons not getting respect.

CK7 still isn't getting respect - you have an actual sports writer criticizing his tatoos because he can't find anything else to criticize him on? Really?

The tattoos thing was a long time ago and I don't think "still, there is some skepticism there" about the QB change if you're talking about media, not fans like rmilia1 - I agree there was some before the Packers game. People are already saying that the Packer game proved the choice was right, even when we haven't gone further with Kaep than we did with Smith until a win this Sunday. Kaep is seen as the right choice already by everybody - what he could benefit from though is recognition that he's a QB who can run, not a runningback who can throw. He does not bail out too early to run, he does stay in the pocket to pass the ball.

If the Falcons hadn't lost the lead to Seattle, I would be more willing to believe that the media's portrayal of them as unfair. When your standard is being the best in the NFL, the little things we scrutinize become bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tattoos thing was a long time ago and I don't think "still, there is some skepticism there" about the QB change if you're talking about media, not fans like rmilia1 - I agree there was some before the Packers game. People are already saying that the Packer game proved the choice was right, even when we haven't gone further with Kaep than we did with Smith until a win this Sunday. Kaep is seen as the right choice already by everybody - what he could benefit from though is recognition that he's a QB who can run, not a runningback who can throw. He does not bail out too early to run, he does stay in the pocket to pass the ball.

If the Falcons hadn't lost the lead to Seattle, I would be more willing to believe that the media's portrayal of them as unfair. When your standard is being the best in the NFL, the little things we scrutinize become bigger.

I really dont blame the media per se for their feelings on Atlanta. Thats the hole you dig yourself when you fail to win in the playoffs. That said every year is different and this is by far the best Atlanta team in Ryans time on the team. That doesnt mean they will win Sunday but it does mean its unfair to compare this team to teams from 2,3,4 years ago.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont blame the media per se for their feelings on Atlanta. Thats the hole you dig yourself when you fail to win in the playoffs. That said every year is different and this is by far the best Atlanta team in Ryans time on the team. That doesnt mean they will win Sunday but it does mean its unfair to compare this team to teams from 2,3,4 years ago.

I'm talking about the close victories over the Panthers, et al. All teams win close games to nobodies and the important thing is they found a way to win - but when you are talking about the best, people are looking for dominance. To be fair, the Niners have had their off days, but they got a pass because of last year and their victories. My guess is if the 34-0 victory was in the first half of the season and not the second, the Falcons would have gotten more respect. Now people are entrenched and they need to stick with their (prideful) assessments on the Falcons. Out of the four, the Falcons are the least accomplished so far - Raven and Niners are in back-to-back conference championships and NE is coming off a SB appearance. The Falcons? First time in awhile. If they beat the Niners, they'll have respect for the next two weeks. If they win the SB, for the next year. They've already garnered some for next year by surviving Seattle.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the close victories over the Panthers, et al. All teams win close games to nobodies and the important thing is they found a way to win - but when you are talking about the best, people are looking for dominance. To be fair, the Niners have had their off days, but they got a pass because of last year and their victories. My guess is if the 34-0 victory was in the first half of the season and not the second, the Falcons would have gotten more respect. Now people are entrenched and they need to stick with their (prideful) assessments on the Falcons. Out of the four, the Falcons are the least accomplished so far - Raven and Niners are in back-to-back conference championships and NE is coming off a SB appearance. The Falcons? First time in awhile. If they beat the Niners, they'll have respect for the next two weeks. If they win the SB, for the next year. They've already garnered some for next year by surviving Seattle.

Isnt it crazy though that a team with the 2nd best record in the NFL over the last 5 years has to fight so hard for respect?? LOL. I get it for sure but its funny to me. I mean SF gets loads of respect and they sucked for 3 years, won 1 playoff game last year and no one is doubting their ability. Not saying that to rile shit up but 1 playoff win in 4 years is really better than having the 2nd best record in the league over the same time frame??? Sadly the answer is yes.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt it crazy though that a team with the 2nd best record in the NFL over the last 5 years has to fight so hard for respect?? LOL. I get it for sure but its funny to me. I mean SF gets loads of respect and they sucked for 3 years, won 1 playoff game last year and no one is doubting their ability. Not saying that to rile shit up but 1 playoff win in 4 years is really better than having the 2nd best record in the league over the same time frame??? Sadly the answer is yes.

Its all about who you've played and who you've beaten.

The niners didnt have much credibility until they beat the Saints last year. I'd imagine the falcons would garner the same level of respect if they put up a similar record next year. Even moreso if they keep winning this year

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The niners didnt have much credibility until they beat the Saints last year. I'd imagine the falcons would garner the same level of respect if they put up a similar record next year. Even moreso if they keep winning this year

good point. similarly for Alex Smith.

if a team wants credibility and respect, then keep winning and EARN it.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

last year all we heard all the way up to the NFC championship was how he played in the worst division in the NFL, as if that's the only reason we won any games.

Also 2nd best regular season record means nothing to anyone. I'd say a team that does good in the regular season but collapses on it'self every year needs to do more to earn respect because everyone goes into put up or shut up mode.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. The AFC West says, "Hi."

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
last year all we heard all the way up to the NFC championship was how he played in the worst division in the NFL, as if that's the only reason we won any games.

Also 2nd best regular season record means nothing to anyone. I'd say a team that does good in the regular season but collapses on it'self every year needs to do more to earn respect because everyone goes into put up or shut up mode.

yep

basically, if you have to ask for respect/credibility, then you haven't earned it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after those first two drives, it didn't look like the noise bothered Kaep and the Niners offense.