• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

one thing that worries me about atlanta

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im honestly not really sold on your guys defense against high quality offenses. Niners have played 7 games against top 10 scoring offenses and are giving up 28 ppg. I see no reason Atlanta wont score 28-31 in this game. So if the Niners are going to win they will need to score at least that much. Certainly possible but nt like it will be easy :)

In this game, as is usually the case, the team with the fewest turnovers will win.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im honestly not really sold on your guys defense against high quality offenses. Niners have played 7 games against top 10 scoring offenses and are giving up 28 ppg. I see no reason Atlanta wont score 28-31 in this game. So if the Niners are going to win they will need to score at least that much. Certainly possible but nt like it will be easy :)

no, it won't be easy, who's saying it will be?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stuff when I looked into it. Atlanta is one of 4 teams with a top 10 scoring offense and a top 10 scoring defense ( along with Denver, Seattle and NE). In games vs top 10 scoring defenses the Niners have scored 25.2 ppg this year ( very good ), Atlanta is averaging 30.3 ppg vs top 10 scoring defenses. Against top 10 scoring offenses the Niners are giving up 27.9 ppg while Atlanta is giving up only 18.2 ppg vs top 10 scoring offenses ( although that number is bolstered by the shutout of the Giants). None of that means a damn thing but thought it was interesting :)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since our season stats when in the toilet from the 2nd half of the Pats game until last week. No Justin Smith was a huge problem.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially since our season stats when in the toilet from the 2nd half of the Pats game until last week. No Justin Smith was a huge problem.

Yeah for sure 34 to NE, 42 to Seattle, 31 to GB after the injury.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I lived in Atlanta. They have horrible fans. Expect it to be 60% Falcon fans/40% Niner fans. Just like with Seattle. Atlanta fans are like Charger fans.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to stop making the assumption that Atlanta doesnt have a run game as well. The Falcons, when they choose to, can still run the ball VERY well. They simply dont need to most of the time. If we need Turner or Rogers to get us some yards then they will.

but we still have a very good run defense... in fact i hope ATL stays with the run, it keeps our NT Ice in the game...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That line shocked the hell out of me. Atlanta has lost 7 home games in 5 year and 2 of those were when Ryan was hurt and another 2 was after they had playoff seeding sewn up and rested starters. That means in 5 years a fully loaded Atlanta team with something to play for has lost 3 times at home. Frankly anyone opening as a favorite over them is ludicrous but 4-5 points is insane. That said the "experts" have been down on Atlanta all year so I guess I shouldnt be surprised at all.

hey at least you're not NE, they opened with 9!!!! that's insane IMO

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah for sure 34 to NE, 42 to Seattle, 31 to GB after the injury.

No Justin for the majority of the NE game, all of the Seattle game...

and take away the garbage 7 at the end of the GB game, GB only score 17 offensive pts...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in Atlanta. They have horrible fans. Expect it to be 60% Falcon fans/40% Niner fans. Just like with Seattle. Atlanta fans are like Charger fans.

I'll be quite happy but not surprised if a large group of niners fans show up.

Vs the JETs earlier this season, the stadium was nearly split IMHO.... then in the 4th, it was all niners fans remaining.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just don't make turnovers and bad penalties, we'll be fine.

we won't stop their offense cold, but if we can keep them to more field goals?

And no timeouts before game-deciding kicks! ;)

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to stop making the assumption that Atlanta doesnt have a run game as well. The Falcons, when they choose to, can still run the ball VERY well. They simply dont need to most of the time. If we need Turner or Rogers to get us some yards then they will.

People discredit Atlanta's run game for a reason. It ranks 29th in the league with a 3.7 ypa average. When the Falcons choose to, they're terrible at running the ball.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think anybody is really sold on your offense against high quality defenses. You've only played two.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody is really sold on your offense against high quality defenses. You've only played two.

2-0 and 27+ in both. Wont be ANY different this week.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People discredit Atlanta's run game for a reason. It ranks 29th in the league with a 3.7 ypa average. When the Falcons choose to, they're terrible at running the ball.

No, man. By definition, if they don't get good yards, they didn't choose to run. If you only count the times where they got more than 10 yards or score, in other words when they chose to run, they were in the top rushing team when you compare them to other team's full season averages - by a mile. Now, those times where they got negative yards or just a few yards, they simply didn't choose to run and that shouldn't count against them.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yup, the Niners are definitely not worried about Turner and Rodgers in the run game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, the Niners are definitely not worried about Turner and Rodgers in the run game.

Im sure Seattle wasnt worried either. That worked out well :) LOL. Anyway when Atlanta wins it wont be because of the run game because they wont need it to be. Atlanta is pass first and thats how it should be with the guys they have.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 and 27+ in both. Wont be ANY different this week.

If you are counting Denver as one of those teams you might want to re-think that strategy. First of all, Denver had four TO's in that game, one which gave you a 1st & Goal at the 1-yard line. Secondly, nobody is top "anything" after one game.

If you guys need 4 turnovers to get 27 points then it is going to be a long day for Falcons.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure Seattle wasnt worried either. That worked out well :) LOL. Anyway when Atlanta wins it wont be because of the run game because they wont need it to be. Atlanta is pass first and thats how it should be with the guys they have.

I see where you are coming from, people said that our passing offense was so low and that was a concern against New Orleans last year and Green Bay this year (less so), but with our running team, we didn't need to get the yards through passing, except in certain situations (last four minutes last year). Yes, our passing offense wasn't as good. Yes, we needed to do better at it, but there was a contributing factor to why we didn't other than just personnel in the pass game. We had a great defense that gave us a low threshold to pass in points, games where we'd run the clock out, and just not turning the ball over worked. The running game allowed, on offense, for that to work.

Green Bay thought their offense would compensate for their defense, but it didn't. The Packers thought their air game would compensate for their ground game. It didn't. I feel that defenses can allow some slack for the offense. I feel running game can allow some slack for the passing game. But I don't see the reverse in either of those when you are going against a great defense or a growing offense and that's why I think you guys need to run better to beat us. Our passing game has improved number wise, has your rushing game done so too? (Honestly asking because I don't know.)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see where you are coming from, people said that our passing offense was so low and that was a concern against New Orleans last year and Green Bay this year (less so), but with our running team, we didn't need to get the yards through passing, except in certain situations (last four minutes last year). Yes, our passing offense wasn't as good. Yes, we needed to do better at it, but there was a contributing factor to why we didn't other than just personnel in the pass game. We had a great defense that gave us a low threshold to pass in points, games where we'd run the clock out, and just not turning the ball over worked. The running game allowed, on offense, for that to work.

Green Bay thought their offense would compensate for their defense, but it didn't. The Packers thought their air game would compensate for their ground game. It didn't. I feel that defenses can allow some slack for the offense. I feel running game can allow some slack for the passing game. But I don't see the reverse in either of those when you are going against a great defense or a growing offense and that's why I think you guys need to run better to beat us. Our passing game has improved number wise, has your rushing game done so too? (Honestly asking because I don't know.)

yeah, so the 49ers have a better overall TEAM. Atlanta has a better passing game, but what else? oh yeah, field goal kicker.

as someone said earlier, it is our game to lose. so don't turn it over and don't make unnecessary penalties, we'll be fine.