• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Once again…

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there future looks very bright now, :whistle:

the Suns? ehh......Bledsoe is really good and on a reasonable deal- especially once the new cap kicks in a year after this one. Alex Len looks like he could be a borderline all star some day. Markieff Morris is really good.

They did overpay for the right to give Brandon Knight alot of money- in my opinion anyway.....they have a couple other good young kids like Goodwin, Bullock.....

They have some things going for them- itll be interesting to see if they can take that next step...they definitely need a star somewhere in the front court.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course new rivalries can be born with a new playoff format. But you play in conference teams more than out of conference teams. In the mid 90s I circled Heat/Knicks on the calendar. You knew that game was going to be a playoff atmosphere. Recently it was the C's and Indy I looked forward to. You will take some of those great regular seasons games if you do this. No way around it.

I'm not a homer. I know what the Heat are. I have no delusions of where they are going this year. At best they are second round exit, but honestly, I will be shocked if they make it out of the first round.. especially if they get Atlanta or Cleveland round 1.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just look at all those championships it's gotten you.

Oh, wait......

You're fine Trojan, it's just the Lakersboi (lol @ that name… fitting for his personality) and TLF that are just tards and do nothing but tard this place up. They started all of this shit talking for no apparent reason.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course new rivalries can be born with a new playoff format. But you play in conference teams more than out of conference teams. In the mid 90s I circled Heat/Knicks on the calendar. You knew that game was going to be a playoff atmosphere. Recently it was the C's and Indy I looked forward to. You will take some of those great regular seasons games if you do this. No way around it.

I'm not a homer. I know what the Heat are. I have no delusions of where they are going this year. At best they are second round exit, but honestly, I will be shocked if they make it out of the first round.. especially if they get Atlanta or Cleveland round 1.

See. Was it that hard to post something reasonable instead of attacking my team for no apparent reason? I respect that answer a lot more, I'd rather talk basketball then talk shit unlike a couple Lakers fans on here.

I think the current rivalries could still thrive and you'd also create some new ones which would be good for the NBA, imo. Plus, the more stars in the playoffs the better. No one wants to see Charlotte or Milwaukee in the playoffs this year. Well, besides teams in the East. The Heat I'll give a break because with Dragic and a healthy Bosh they would be contenders in the East and they can't really control that.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw- Feel your pain on losing at the buzzer to Middleton…. he did it to us earlier this year, lol. Dragic must hate him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw- Feel your pain on losing at the buzzer to Middleton…. he did it to us earlier this year, lol. Dragic must hate him.

That was a choke job by us.

Unreal.

Would have been only a half game out of avoiding Cleveland/Atlanta in round 1. Now we're pretty much stuck in 7th/8th if we make the playoffs.

Sucks

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We choked. Wade missed a free throw. stupid fouls. unable to board. honestly, we completely deserved this.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the current rivalries could still thrive and you'd also create some new ones which would be good for the NBA, imo. Plus, the more stars in the playoffs the better. No one wants to see Charlotte or Milwaukee in the playoffs this year. Well, besides teams in the East. The Heat I'll give a break because with Dragic and a healthy Bosh they would be contenders in the East and they can't really control that.

I disagree with you here. I think the rivalries would suffer under your system. Teams would be statistically less likely to see each other in the playoffs, where the real rivalries are born. They would also see each other fewer times in the regular season if you were going for the balanced schedule between East and West. Rivalries are born from seeing each other multiple times in the playoffs and then carry into playing repeatedly in the regular season.

As to no one wanting to see teams in the playoffs: Milwaukee and Boston both have some young talent that is fun to watch, and them getting playoff experience will be at least as much fun for me to watch as watching Phoenix. Gotta love watching Davis for the Pels, but outside of him not anything more exciting than the East teams bring for me to watch as first round outs.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fine Trojan, it's just the Lakersboi (lol @ that name… fitting for his personality) and TLF that are just tards and do nothing but tard this place up. They started all of this shit talking for no apparent reason.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Wow you're really an idiot, this is coming from a guy who all he does is troll on every LA team for a living, since going back to the ESPN days. And for your information I don't troll anyone on here, except for your dumb ass.:pound:

Besides that, I have had many great discussions on many topics on the hoop, and have met some great folks who actually don't wake up in the morning thinking of the next way to troll on LA sports. (Looser) everyone on this thread feels you're idiotic, and full of drivel, I'm not the only one. Quit trying trying to play the victim. If you don't have rough skin, It is clear that you don't belong on the hoop.

And if you have have an issue with me clowning your ass, well hey theres a report button on the left, but I'm pretty sure it will be all for nothing. Mods will just laugh at you. With that being said let start my morning on the beach laughing at you once again. :rofl:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you here. I think the rivalries would suffer under your system. Teams would be statistically less likely to see each other in the playoffs, where the real rivalries are born. They would also see each other fewer times in the regular season if you were going for the balanced schedule between East and West. Rivalries are born from seeing each other multiple times in the playoffs and then carry into playing repeatedly in the regular season.

As to no one wanting to see teams in the playoffs: Milwaukee and Boston both have some young talent that is fun to watch, and them getting playoff experience will be at least as much fun for me to watch as watching Phoenix. Gotta love watching Davis for the Pels, but outside of him not anything more exciting than the East teams bring for me to watch as first round outs.

My point is which rivalry is so precious that it needs to be played 4 times a year? Each team would still get each other at least 2-3 times a year and the 1 or 2 less games against each other during the reg season would just add more hype to it since it's less occurring.

I feel like rivalries in the NBA RIGHT NOW is at an all-time low… could be just me, but there aren't any games I look at coming up in the next few weeks and think "OH WOW, I BETTER TUNE IN TO THIS ONE" unless it's two tops teams playing each other.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is which rivalry is so precious that it needs to be played 4 times a year? Each team would still get each other at least 2-3 times a year and the 1 or 2 less games against each other during the reg season would just add more hype to it since it's less occurring.

I feel like rivalries in the NBA RIGHT NOW is at an all-time low… could be just me, but there aren't any games I look at coming up in the next few weeks and think "OH WOW, I BETTER TUNE IN TO THIS ONE" unless it's two tops teams playing each other.
I, personally, look forward to the Pistons playing the Cavs, Bulls, and Pacers. Even through these lean years having the opportunity to upset these rivals is something I look forward to. And every year I am hopeful the Pistons will have finally made the right moves to compete for the division.

You really telling me you don't look forward to Suns/Lakers games? Not still bitter about a hip check from the Spurs every time they play?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, personally, look forward to the Pistons playing the Cavs, Bulls, and Pacers. Even through these lean years having the opportunity to upset these rivals is something I look forward to. And every year I am hopeful the Pistons will have finally made the right moves to compete for the division.

You really telling me you don't look forward to Suns/Lakers games? Not still bitter about a hip check from the Spurs every time they play?

Again, you're missing the point. A true rivalry is something that not only the fans of each team looks forward to, but the rest the NBA world has to have a least some interest in it too. None of the rivalries are as nasty as they used to be. Of course I dislike the Lakers and Spurs after some of those great playoff series' and look forward to playing them, but not too many outsiders care about Suns/Lakers games anymore.

Just like I don't care if the Pistons are taking on the Pacers or Bulls. The Suns and Clippers the last couple years have developed a little rivalry out of nowhere and there always seems to be an altercation and bounty of T's on both teams…. proof that new rivalries could definitely be made. One great series with a little drama, cheap shots or trash talk is all it takes… regardless of conference that shit carries over to the next season, trust me. You're acting like they'd never play each other again… lol. They still meet up 2-3 times a year.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you're missing the point. A true rivalry is something that not only the fans of each team looks forward to, but the rest the NBA world has to have a least some interest in it too. None of the rivalries are as nasty as they used to be. Of course I dislike the Lakers and Spurs after some of those great playoff series' and look forward to playing them, but not too many outsiders care about Suns/Lakers games anymore.

Just like I don't care if the Pistons are taking on the Pacers or Bulls. The Suns and Clippers the last couple years have developed a little rivalry out of nowhere and there always seems to be an altercation and bounty of T's on both teams…. proof that new rivalries could definitely be made. One great series with a little drama, cheap shots or trash talk is all it takes… regardless of conference that shit carries over to the next season, trust me. You're acting like they'd never play each other again… lol. They still meet up 2-3 times a year.

I don't think people outside their team's focus tune due to rivalry at all, but instead due to quality opponents. What rivalry did you ever tune into due to the rivalry and not the quality of the game?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think people outside their team's focus tune due to rivalry at all, but instead due to quality opponents. What rivalry did you ever tune into due to the rivalry and not the quality of the game?

I used to love to watch the Kings/Lakers games in the early 2000's, the Bulls/Pistons used to be almost religious for some people so that was always fun, and of course the Lakers/Spurs/Celtics and the Suns/Lakers games used to always be televised nationally to watch Nash and Kobe battle it out.

Which leads to my point…. --------> There are no great rivalries anymore. Get rid of conferences, schedule teams to play each other 2-3 times a year and let the best 16 teams in so new rivalries can be born. You're not losing anything… besides shitty playoff basketball in the first round.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe 5 years from now the East will be the dominant conference and swap places with the West, who knows. This solution could benefit everyone long-term.